PDA

View Full Version : Hypocrite ? You bet...

Silver
05-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Michelle Obama joins People "most beautiful" list

Michelle Obama, who has achieved celebrity status and has wowed the world as a fashion icon, made the list for the first time.

http://tinyurl.com/d83vlr

Give me a freekin' break...."most beautiful" list?
Hillary, Pelosi, Helen Thomas and M .Albright must be on that same list....
==============================
First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!

BY Amy Diluna
DAILY NEWS FASHION EDITOR

Friday, May 1st 2009, 3:22 PM
Michelle Obama and Jill Biden (center) at a Feeding America event. The First Lady could feed quite a few people with what she paid for thesneakers she's wearing. Morigi/Getty

Michelle Obama and Jill Biden (center) at a Feeding America event. The First Lady could feed quite a few people with what she paid for thesneakers she's wearing.
The kicks, made by high-end French fashion label Lanvin, cost $540. Ernst/Reuters

The kicks, made by high-end French fashion label Lanvin, cost $540.
Take our Poll
Speaking of sneakers

What do you think of Michelle Obama's $540 sneakers?

They're in poor taste. That's way too much to spend on sneakers, especially in a recession.

The First Lady should look good, and she can afford it. If the sneakers make her happy, there's nothing wrong with it.

Michelle Obama has taken casual to a haute new level.

While volunteering Wednesday at a D.C. food bank, the First Lady sported her usual J.Crew cardigan, a pair of utilitarian capri pants and, on her feet, a sneaky splurge: trainers that go for $540.

http://tinyurl.com/c92glb

Hypocrite .... fraud.....? Absolutely...

Kathianne
05-01-2009, 07:07 PM
Michelle Obama joins People "most beautiful" list

Michelle Obama, who has achieved celebrity status and has wowed the world as a fashion icon, made the list for the first time.

http://tinyurl.com/d83vlr

Give me a freekin' break...."most beautiful" list?
Hillary, Pelosi, Helen Thomas and M .Albright must be on that same list....
==============================
First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!

BY Amy Diluna
DAILY NEWS FASHION EDITOR

Friday, May 1st 2009, 3:22 PM
Michelle Obama and Jill Biden (center) at a Feeding America event. The First Lady could feed quite a few people with what she paid for thesneakers she's wearing. Morigi/Getty

Michelle Obama and Jill Biden (center) at a Feeding America event. The First Lady could feed quite a few people with what she paid for thesneakers she's wearing.
The kicks, made by high-end French fashion label Lanvin, cost $540. Ernst/Reuters

The kicks, made by high-end French fashion label Lanvin, cost $540.
Take our Poll
Speaking of sneakers

What do you think of Michelle Obama's $540 sneakers?

They're in poor taste. That's way too much to spend on sneakers, especially in a recession.

The First Lady should look good, and she can afford it. If the sneakers make her happy, there's nothing wrong with it.

While volunteering Wednesday at a D.C. food bank, the First Lady sported her usual J.Crew cardigan, a pair of utilitarian capri pants and, on her feet, a sneaky splurge: trainers that go for $540.

http://tinyurl.com/c92glb

Hypocrite .... fraud.....? Absolutely...

...As the family's primary dog walker, Michelle clearly requires comfortable footwear.
"I got up at 5:15 in the morning to walk my puppy," she joked Thursday. "That's how my day starts. Even though the kids are supposed to do a lot of the work, I'm still up at 5:15 a.m. taking my dog out."
She'll be trodding on New York's sidewalks Tuesday for the first time as First Lady. Michelle will meet with staff at the U.S. mission to the United Nations. Later, she headlines Time magazine's "100 most influential people" gala

Read more: "First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540!" - http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2009/05/01/2009-05-01_first_lady_michelle_obama_kicks_in_own_foot_fea t_for_fashionistas_lanvin.html#ixzz0EIqYQsOW&A...

When the honeymoon wears off, want to bet that 'we' find out it's the Secret Service that's been walking the first dog?

emmett
05-01-2009, 07:31 PM
She is such a treasure. So humble. Feed the Children can feed an entire town for 540 dollars.

glockmail
05-01-2009, 07:35 PM
Looks like an ape.

http://www.donkeydish.com/images/gallery/michelle-obama-in-interview_229x344.jpg

April15
05-01-2009, 07:46 PM
It is unfortunate the whiners seem to be just saying sour grapes. So petty.

Silver
05-01-2009, 08:07 PM
It is unfortunate the whiners seem to be just saying sour grapes. So petty.

And here I thought it was your avatar that showed real pettiness....:coffee:

April15
05-01-2009, 08:43 PM
And here I thought it was your avatar that showed real pettiness....:coffee:The avatar shows the stupidity of conservatives and limpalls.

Kathianne
05-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Looks like an ape.

http://www.donkeydish.com/images/gallery/michelle-obama-in-interview_229x344.jpg

Not.

Mr. P
05-01-2009, 08:49 PM
And here I thought it was your avatar that showed real pettiness....:coffee:

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

ZINGIIIINNNNGGGG!!!!!!!

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Silver again.

Mr. P
05-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Looks like an ape.

Not.

Does so.

But if she doesn't fix that V-cut blouse her right tit is gonna fall out. :eek: Will it make the fashion news? :laugh2:

REDWHITEBLUE2
05-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Looks like an ape.

Great we have the ape woman from planet of the apes as 1st Ho

Jeff
05-01-2009, 10:57 PM
I think that is #1 ho :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Joe Steel
05-02-2009, 05:56 AM
She is such a treasure. So humble. Feed the Children can feed an entire town for 540 dollars.

Do you think the Obamas have the resources to save the poor from their lot?

red states rule
05-02-2009, 06:21 AM
Michelle Obama was wearing $500 sneakers while volunteering at a DC soup kitchen

Remember the instructions for the First Couple - Don't use corporate jets, don't fly to vegas, don't take bonuses, and tighten your belt

First Lady Michelle Obama steps out in Lanvin sneakers and they're only $540

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/05/01/amd_sneakers_obama.jpg

That's right: These sneakers - suede, with grosgrain ribbon laces and metallic pink toe caps - are made by French design house Lanvin, one of fashion's hottest labels. They come in denim and satin versions, and have been a brisk seller all spring.

They're out of stock at posh Meatpacking District boutique Jeffrey, and Barneys New York boasts a limited selection of the sneaks, which are a cult favorite among fashionistas.

It's likely Michelle got hers through Ikram, the Chicago retailer that often outfits her.

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2009/05/01/2009-05-01_first_lady_michelle_obama_kicks_in_own_foot_fea t_for_fashionistas_lanvin.html

red states rule
05-02-2009, 06:55 AM
The avatar shows the stupidity of conservatives and limpalls.

More like it shows your jealously and anger over a successful conservative who has defeated every attempt from the left to silence him for the last 20 years

Missileman
05-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Do you think the Obamas have the resources to save the poor from their lot?

They sure as hell think I do...the poor, the lazy, the banks, the auto industry, the San Franciscan marsh mouse...etc, etc.

red states rule
05-02-2009, 06:59 AM
They sure as hell think I do...the poor, the lazy, the banks, the auto industry, the San Franciscan marsh mouse...etc, etc.

It just goes along with flying to 3 different cities at a cost of about $200K per flight to sign 3 different segments of you stimulus.

And $150 a lb steaks and flying in a pizza chef.

As I keep stating, they do not care how we the taxpayers feel about them doing these things at our expense, but they do them while lecturing us on living frugally.

red states rule
05-02-2009, 07:12 AM

Remember how the Dems and liberal media went nuts when John McCain wore his $520.00 Ferragamo shoes and said he was out of touch?

I do - and here is a link to those stories and op-eds

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=A0oGkmN.V_tJ6BoB1CNXNyoA?fr2=sg-gac&sado=1&p=mccain%20ferragamo&fr=yfp-t-501-s&pqstr=mccain%20fer&gprid=Qh.u_FTWSa.P1aYBhemiQA

Joe Steel
05-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Michelle Obama was wearing $500 sneakers while volunteering at a DC soup kitchen

Remember the instructions for the First Couple - Don't use corporate jets, don't fly to vegas, don't take bonuses, and tighten your belt

So what's you point?

Are you alleging hypocrisy?

Assuming you are, when did that start?

Were you as offended a few years ago by a regime filled with draft-dodgers who started two wars?

red states rule
05-02-2009, 07:18 AM
So what's you point?

Are you alleging hypocrisy?

Assuming you are, when did that start?

Were you as offended a few years ago by an administration of draft-dodgers who started two wars?

Once again Joe, when the double standrards of the man who was going to bring change becuase we could not have a Bush third term - the Obama supporters go back and talk about Bush

Can't defend the double standards Joe?

Pres Bush was not standing up everyday telling people that we need to cut back and tighten the belt. Like Obama says...."uh huh huuh muh...these rrrr are tough times"....that is why Michelle my belle decided on the $500 pair of sneakers instead of the $750 dollar pair of sneakers.

It is just like Al Gore telling me that I should cut back on the travel I do via airplane or SUV. Then leaving for the airport in his Suburban to fly in nhis private jet

I could really care less what Michele wears, but it becomes personal when you tell me to tighten the belt and you loosen yours

Joe Steel
05-02-2009, 07:19 AM

Are you saying they expect you, exclusively, to fund the recovery?

Of course not. They expect help from Americans who have the means to help. It's pretty standard stuff. When the country is in trouble, we are called to service.

red states rule
05-02-2009, 07:23 AM

Of course not. They expect help from Americans who have the means to help. It's pretty standard stuff. When the country is in trouble, we are called to service.

Gee, if Obama and the Dems would CUT spending as they promised they would do during the election - they would not need to tax gouge us with higher taxes

But riaing taxes is the answer to every problem with liberals. Even if the problem is nonexistent or caused by previous liberal policies

Joe Steel
05-02-2009, 07:30 AM
Can't defend the double standards Joe?

First, you have to establish some credibility.

You seem to be alleging hypocrisy. I can't take the charge seriously if you ignored it in one place but find it somewhere else.

Defend yourself first.

red states rule
05-02-2009, 07:33 AM
First, you have to establish some credibility.

You seem to be alleging hypocrisy. I can't take the charge seriously if you ignored it in one place but find it somewhere else.

Defend yourself first.

Translation - you can't even begin to defend the double standards and hypocrisy of Obama nd the Dems

You do realize that Obama has borrowed $4 trillion so far right? And most of that $4 Trillion came from the Chinese.

This would NOT be an issue if the Obama's were living the high life and loaned the money and told the CEO's how to live IF they did not Borrow the money themselves.

they did tell CEO's of companies recieving US taxpayer money what to do and how to live their lives.

And note Obama is getting paid US Taxpayer dollars to do his job.

That is why he is engaging in a double standard.

Joe Steel
05-02-2009, 07:35 AM
Gee, if Obama and the Dems would CUT spending as they promised they would do during the election - they would not need to tax gouge us with higher taxes

But riaing taxes is the answer to every problem with liberals. Even if the problem is nonexistent or caused by previous liberal policies

Recessions are caused by a lack of spending. Spending is the only way to fix a lack of spending.

Joe Steel
05-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Translation - you can't even begin to defend the double standards and hypocrisy of Obama nd the Dems

You do realize that Obama has borrowed $4 trillion so far right? And most of that $4 Trillion came from the Chinese.

This would NOT be an issue if the Obama's were living the high life and loaned the money and told the CEO's how to live IF they did not Borrow the money themselves.

they did tell CEO's of companies recieving US taxpayer money what to do and how to live their lives.

And note Obama is getting paid US Taxpayer dollars to do his job.

That is why he is engaging in a double standard.

Establish your credibility.

Condemn Bush first.

red states rule
05-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Recessions are caused by a lack of spending. Spending is the only way to fix a lack of spending.

After the $4 trillion Obama and the Dems spent in the last 102 days there should by no poverty in the US, cancer should now be cured, and the US should be the economic envy of the world

red states rule
05-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Establish your credibility.

Condemn Bush first.

Translation - Joe is down on the mat after several several body blows - and he can't get up

Joe, Bush is no longer President and the Dems are in total control. Your blame Bush talking points are no longer work

PostmodernProphet
05-02-2009, 07:52 AM
talk about a missed opportunity.....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wQ_rSruShhk/SI_x4fU8vTI/AAAAAAAACcI/drHP7QUpT_0/s1600/barack-obama-custom-sneakers-5.jpg

red states rule
05-02-2009, 08:17 AM
Yep, the Obama's are sure cutting back and they have tightening their belt

How about the luxury of having a makeup artist as part of her personal staff? Poor Michelle isn't able to apply her own false eyelashes.

GLAMOUR 'FIRST'
FULL-TIME MAKEUP ARTIST FOR MICHELLE

Michelle Obama is the nation's first first lady to add a full-time makeup artist to her traveling entourage, according to stylists who have worked with presidential wives over the past 16 years.

PHOTOS: Michelle's Style

Makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, helped create Obama's signature look on her inaugural trip to Europe last week.

Grimes-Miles, who has been working with the first lady for six years, now splits her time between DC and Chicago, where she dolls up morning-news anchors for WGN TV.

"No other first ladies have consistently traveled with a makeup artist," said hairdresser Bernard Portelli, who styled Hillary Rodham Clinton's blond mane in 1993 and tracks trends in first-lady style

http://www.nypost.com/seven/04122009/news/nationalnews/glamour_first_164080.htm

mundame
05-02-2009, 08:25 AM
Michelle Obama is the nation's first first lady to add a full-time makeup artist to her traveling entourage, according to stylists who have worked with presidential wives over the past 16 years.

PHOTOS: Michelle's Style

Makeup artist Ingrid Grimes-Miles, 49, helped create Obama's signature look on her inaugural trip to Europe last week.

Well, I think it's a good idea.

Michelle is NOT a handsome woman, but she's young enough skilled makeup people can do something with her, and as photographed as she is, she doesn't need an "Eleanor Roosevelt" reputation for homeliness.

red states rule
05-02-2009, 08:30 AM

Michelle is NOT a handsome woman, but she's young enough skilled makeup people can do something with her, and as photographed as she is, she doesn't need an "Eleanor Roosevelt" reputation for homeliness.

We are talking about a makeup artist - not a magician

However, add this to the long and growing list of the administrations double standards

The recent articles, glorifying Michelle Obama, her clothes, her arms, her newly shaped eyebrows so as to take away her angry look is absolutely sickening

mundame
05-02-2009, 08:46 AM
We are talking about a makeup artist - not a magician

Now, now..... http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

The recent articles, glorifying Michelle Obama, her clothes, her arms, her newly shaped eyebrows so as to take away her angry look is absolutely sickening

I agree they are working on her very hard. They need to; she's really a problem. She could easily lose the NEXT election for Obama if she carries on with this angry hate-whites business. So they are sanitizing her.

The arms thing was radical, however, and rather declassee; as a man, you probably don't realize that.

NOT at all the thing, sez a woman of my generation, showing bare arms in daytime formal situations. http://macg.net/emoticons/fear1.gif

red states rule
05-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Now, now..... http://macg.net/emoticons/smilebow.gif

I agree they are working on her very hard. They need to; she's really a problem. She could easily lose the NEXT election for Obama if she carries on with this angry hate-whites business. So they are sanitizing her.

The arms thing was radical, however, and rather declassee; as a man, you probably don't realize that.

NOT at all the thing, sez a woman of my generation, showing bare arms in daytime formal situations. http://macg.net/emoticons/fear1.gif

We are talking about liberals. Libs are very generous with other peoples money

Libs were outraged over McCain $500 shoes and Palin's clothes

Yet silent on Michelle's shoes and makeup artist

If not for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all

Kathianne
05-02-2009, 09:17 AM
Merged like threads per poster request.

April15
05-02-2009, 10:07 AM
Translation - Joe is down on the mat after several several body blows - and he can't get up

Joe, Bush is no longer President and the Dems are in total control. Your blame Bush talking points are no longer workThey are very relevant as they point out the flaws in red state loose theory.

red states rule
05-02-2009, 10:11 AM
They are very relevant as they point out the flaws in red state loose theory.

No, it points out Obama suporters have double standards and can't defend Obama's reckless spending and soaring deficits

$4 trillion in 100 days. Doubling the national debt. Massive tax increases on the way

Obama supporters are silent and try to blame Bush

Joe Steel
05-02-2009, 12:03 PM
They are very relevant as they point out the flaws in red state loose theory.

Exactly.

Selective criticism isn't acceptable.

red states rule
05-02-2009, 12:06 PM
Exactly.

Selective criticism isn't acceptable.

Bush is no longer President. The SAME things you libs attacked Bush for - you are doing on a larger scale

Is this the change you really wanted to bring to America?

Bush deficit - $500 billion

Obama deficit - $2 trillion

Bush budget - $3.1 trillion

Obama budget - $3.7 trillion

Obama promised no pork or earmarks in his "stimulus" bill - well 9,000 earmarks were in the bill

How about some of the promises"

End income tax for seniors making less than $50,000

"Will eliminate all income taxation of seniors making less than $50,000 per year. This will eliminate taxes for 7 million seniors -- saving them an average of $1,400 a year-- and will also mean that 27 million seniors will not need to file an income tax return at all."
http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/taxes...Plan_FINAL.pdf

Well -

No proposal to end taxes for seniors making less than $50,000
Updated: Wednesday, April 15th, 2009 | By Angie Drobnic Holan

President Obama's campaign pledge to end taxes for seniors making less than $50,000 has fallen off the radar.

It wasn't part of the tax cuts in the economic stimulus bill, also known as the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act. It wasn't in Obama's first budget outline, which was approved by Congress on April 2, 2009. And it's not part of any proposed legislation that we can find.

Today, on Tax Day, Obama gave a speech in which he talked about his other tax promises and how he wants to reshape the tax code to make it simple and more efficient. But he never mentioned his promise of curtailing the income tax for seniors.

The Obama administration has done other things for seniors. Thanks to the stimulus bill, for example, everyone who gets Social Security benefits will receive a $250 check from the government in May. But the bold promise to end taxes for seniors if they make less than $50,000 seems to be forgotten.

We asked the White House about it, but got no response. If this promise is ever revived, we'll revisit our ruling. But for now, this is a Promise Broken.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the_press_...Taxes-4-15-09/

Create a $3,000 tax credit for companies that add jobs
"During 2009 and 2010, existing businesses will receive a $3,000 refundable tax credit for each additional full-time employee hired."

http://change.gov/agenda/economy_agenda/

$3,000 tax credit not in stimulus bill, no future action seen
Updated: Tuesday, February 17th, 2009 | By Angie Drobnic Holan

President Obama first proposed a $3,000 tax credit for businesses that add to their payroll when he was campaigning for president and the U.S. economy had taken a serious nosedive. After winning the election and taking office, he began working on a stimulus bill with Congress. But this idea soon stalled and appears to be dead.

It never got any significant support in Congress, even from Democrats. Lawmakers said they were concerned the credit wasn't enough of an incentive to get companies to hire additional workers. Tax policy analysts said the credit would be an administrative nightmare to implement. Companies might eliminate a job and then create it again later in hopes of getting the tax credit.

Sen. Charles Schumer, D-N.Y., said at a news conference on Jan. 14, 2009, that both Democrats and Republicans had problems with the measure.

"If you have a company and you're selling fewer shingles, $3,000 isn't going to get you to hire somebody when your sales are shrinking," Schumer said.

The credit was never part of the stimulus legislation as far as we saw, and it was not included in the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, which Obama signed into law on Feb. 17, 2009. Likewise, we see no indication that this idea might re-emerge. So for now, we rate it Promise Broken.

Sources:

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d111:h.r.00001:

Joe Steel
05-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Bush is no longer President. The SAME things you libs attacked Bush for - you are doing on a larger scale

Bush -- draft dodger.

Cheney -- draft dodger

DeLay -- draft dodger

Limbaugh -- draft dodger

Did I miss anyone? Probably dozens if not hundreds.

And all of them promoted a war against a country which didn't do anything to the US.

Why aren't you attacking them?

It's old business but we have to get it cleared-up before we get to the new business.

Missileman
05-02-2009, 12:13 PM

I expect them to put their money where their mouth is. I'd call it fair if every cent of theirs over and above the same amount I have were confiscated to help the poor...wouldn't you? Like typical liberals, I'll wager you and they only think it fair if it involves someone else's money.

red states rule
05-02-2009, 12:14 PM
Bush -- draft dodger.

Cheney -- draft dodger

DeLay -- draft dodger

Limbaugh -- draft dodger

And all of them promoted a war against a country which didn't do anything to the US.

It's old business but we have to get it cleared-up before we get to the new business.

Once again, the Obamabots flip back to the past and refuse to expain how their spending and deficits are any different from Bush's

It is understandable why they refuse to talk about Obama and his "change"

Joe Steel
05-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Once again, the Obamabots flip back to the past and refuse to expain how their spending and deficits are any different from Bush's

It is understandable why they refuse to talk about Obama and his "change"

We have unfinished business.

Bush and the rest of the Bush regime killed hundreds of thousands but were too cowardly to put themselves at risk.

You must admit it before we can proceed.

red states rule
05-02-2009, 12:43 PM
We have unfinished business.

Bush and the rest of the Bush regime killed hundreds of thousands but were too cowardly to put themselves at risk.

You must admit it before we can proceed.

Again Joe, you libs are hung up on the same talking point when the broken promsies of Obama are brought up

Your Blame Bush BS is not working any longer.

Obama suckered the voters with "change" yet it is nothing more then the same old tax and spend liberalism

Obama said reckless spending got us in this mess- yet we are to believe Obama's reckless spending wil get us out?

red states rule
05-02-2009, 03:39 PM
The avatar shows the stupidity of conservatives and limpalls.

Well April, here is some more ggod news for Rush - bad news for libs like yourself who would like to shut down and silence people like Rush since he gets under your thin skin

RUSH'S RATINGS BONANZA

Surge As White House Campaign Began, Could Go Higher

Will the White House ever learn its lesson?

A combination of several powerful forces has resulted in explosive talk radio ratings growth, with indications of much more to come in the months ahead.

Primary factor driving the upward move? You guessed it: Rush Limbaugh. That's in contrast to declining support for Rush's arch-rival Obama.

With Limbaugh at the top of his game, including a more deeply loyal audience than ever, the numbers were expected to be strong. The beginning of the Obamist era, combined with a direct White House campaign targeting the talk titan, however, provided rocket fuel for El Rushbo's ratings. Even to seasoned industry veterans, this data should prove stunning.

Finally, implementation of the new, far more accurate electronic Portable People Meter (PPM) ratings system has benefited talk radio, as the manual diary-based "phantom cume" problems of the past disappear. For years, programmers complained that the old system cost them listenership and are now armed with the proof they'd long sought.

That may be why Obama and his supporters have fought implementation of PPM, as we originally reported in October of last year.

While these numbers reflect February's results, they could go even higher in March, as the White House anti-Rush effort was still in high gear going into this month.

Some specifics:

In New York City, WABC has experienced huge gains during Rush's noon- 3pm timeslot: from 4.6 to 6.7 overall (12 and older) share, good for first place overall in the nation's largest market. Rush's Big Apple listenership is now estimated at 693,000.

In the second-largest market, Los Angeles, KFI-AM has surged into the number one position (all listeners 12 and older) from 9am to noon, with 618,000 listeners, a 4.6 to 6.0 audience share increase over three months and an even bigger males 35-64 (4.6 to 6.3) move, to take first place there as well.

Chicago, saw another huge move, with Rush affiliate WLS also taking first place during his timeslot (12 and older), from 5.2 share to 6.9 and a total local listenership of 396,700 in the third-largest market.

KSFO / San Francisco saw similar results, despite the extreme-left bent of the Bay Area: 4.7 to 6.0 share, now ranking second overall and with men aged 35-64. Total audience: 346,000.

In Dallas - Fort Worth, 4.8 to 6.4 men 35-64 and fourth overall (12+), 3.5 to 4.5. Cumulative audience: 250,000.

Houston's results were truly blockbuster: 6.0 to 9.8 overall, ranking number one with a bullet and audience of 382,300. Men 35-64: number one again, from 8.6 to 12.2 over three months. Adults 25-54: first place, 4.6 to 8.7. Women 25-54: 3.7 to 8.3 again good for a top ranking.

DC's WMAL also saw Rush-related growth: 4.1 to 6.7, good for third overall and an audience of 155,300. Men 35-64: number one with a staggering 6.4 to 13.4 move.

In Atlanta, Rush has helped WGST fend off an enormous competitor, WSB-AM, with a similar 4.0 to 6.2 upward move, good for fifth place overall and a total audience of 473,500. The results are better in the male 35-64 demographic, surging from 5.5 to 8.0 share.

Bucking Detroit's recent Democratic voting trend, Rush's performance on WJR-AM has been more significant than ever, moving into first place with a 5.8 to 9.6 jump. Men 35-64: number one and 11.6 share. Total audience: 253,000.

http://radioequalizer.blogspot.com/2009/03/rush-limbaugh-talk-radio-experience.html

Silver
05-02-2009, 08:01 PM
Bush -- draft dodger.

Cheney -- draft dodger

DeLay -- draft dodger

Limbaugh -- draft dodger

Did you miss anyone...

Well how about

Harry Reid
Barrack Obama

and unlike your names
Bill Clinton....(actual for real draft dodger)

just for a start....

might as well add Keith Obermann as long you
put Rush in your list....

red states rule
05-03-2009, 06:30 AM
BTW, will anyone in the liberal media hold Ms Obama to the same standards they held John McCain?

I doubt it

snip

In response to Barack Obama's foreign tour, McCain spent much of his energy last week emphasizing his focus on domestic issues. What better way to show his American pride than to tour the country in Italian leather?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/isabel-wilkinson/a-week-in-john-mccains-sh_b_115692.html

and CNN felt it was news worthy

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FiUK_UqRCes&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FiUK_UqRCes&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

glockmail
05-03-2009, 12:51 PM
Looks like an ape.

Not. Can't you see the family resemblance?

http://www.worldofstock.com/slides/NAN2795.jpg

Joe Steel
05-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Did you miss anyone...

Well how about

Harry Reid
Barrack Obama

and unlike your names
Bill Clinton....(actual for real draft dodger)

just for a start....

might as well add Keith Obermann as long you
put Rush in your list....

They didn't start wars.

Jeff
05-03-2009, 01:31 PM
They didn't start wars.

LMAO, No they didn't start wars they just blew up empty tents, LOL, and lets not forget Clinton could of saved allot of American lives if he would of gotten Bin Laden( when he was told exactly where he was) at the end of his term, But he wasn't trying to hide a blow job or nothing so he said the hell with it, Yes they didn't start wars, LMAO

Jeff
05-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Glock are they twins?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

REDWHITEBLUE2
05-03-2009, 02:04 PM

Well in Michelle's case the old saying fits
Beauty is only skin deep but UGLY goes clean to the bone :laugh2:

glockmail
05-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Glock are they twins?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Not so distant cousins. :lol:

glockmail
05-03-2009, 06:13 PM
And who's this little guy?http://h1.ripway.com/johnbrush/obamachipm.jpg

red states rule
05-03-2009, 06:32 PM
http://media.washingtontimes.com/media/img/photos/2009/04/30/Editorial_cartoon_April_30_t756.jpg?362c89b9f4298c 1f7d888d4fceb46698f5dfcc26

Jeff
05-03-2009, 08:36 PM
LMAO, Glock I must spread some more first but I owe ya, LOL

Red that is just scary, cause it is exactly what he has done to our children and grandchildren, Obama has made it a reversal .

Joe Steel
05-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Editorial_cartoon_April_30_t756.jpg

It would make more sense if the word "Debt" were replaced with "American Capitalism." That's the big problem.

jimnyc
05-04-2009, 09:06 AM
They didn't start wars.

The wars you refer to would have been basically impossible without some support from your beloved Dems.

red states rule
05-05-2009, 06:20 AM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/150361

Joe Steel
05-05-2009, 06:45 AM
The wars you refer to would have been basically impossible without some support from your beloved Dems.

I have no great respect for the Democrats in Congress. They're better than the Republicans but that's not saying much. When Bush lied to them, they accepted the lies just like the Republicans.

Joe Steel
05-05-2009, 06:47 AM

Do you think the $540.00 would have saved the poor?

If the Obama's gave everything they have and everything they ever will have, will it save the poor?

red states rule
05-05-2009, 06:49 AM

If the Obama's gave everything they have and everything they ever will have, will it save the poor?

Again, libs and the liberal media were all over McCain for his shoes, and Gov Palin over her clothes

Being a liberal means you never have to be consistent

Joe Steel
05-05-2009, 06:50 AM
Again, libs and the liberal media were all over McCain for his shoes, and Gov Palin over her clothes

Being a liberal means you never have to be consistent

red states rule
05-05-2009, 06:52 AM

Still ducking the double standards and trying to change the subject Joe?

glockmail
05-05-2009, 08:29 AM

If the Obama's gave everything they have and everything they ever will have, will it save the poor? Many hands make light work.

Silver
05-05-2009, 08:31 AM
Too many cooks spoil the broth....

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2009, 08:47 AM
too many crooks spoil the brothel......

glockmail
05-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Any tawny port in a storm...

Jeff
05-05-2009, 09:10 AM

No it wouldn't of saved the poor, but if she had spent a 100 bucks on a pair of sneakers do you know how much food $440 could of paid for at that food bank?

Joe Steel
05-05-2009, 12:19 PM
Still ducking the double standards and trying to change the subject Joe?

red states rule
05-05-2009, 12:23 PM

Well Joe, liberals have taken $9 trillion from the workers and transferred it to the "poor" over the last 40 years - and we are told there are more poor then ever before

Seem your "war on poverty" has been a total failure

Sems the left still wants to throw more money at the "problem" and expand their social programs. Liberal programs have not saved the "poor" but only created more poor

Joe Steel
05-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Many hands make light work.

Precisely.

That's why Michelle Obama's appearance at the event should have been applauded and was in most quarters. The focus on her shoes is a diversion intended to destroy the important work she was trying to do -- inspire public participation in relieving the distress of others.

While I think she made a poor choice in her footwear, it doesn't warrant the furor conservatives are raising; it's far too close to meaningless.

red states rule
05-05-2009, 12:29 PM
Precisely.

That's why Michelle Obama's appearance at the event should have been applauded and was in most quarters. The focus on her shoes is a diversion intended to destroy the important work she was trying to do -- inspire public participation in relieving the distress of others.

While I think she made a poor choice in her footwear, it doesn't warrant the furor conservatives are raising; it's far too close to meaningless.

But libs and the liberal media sure thought McCain's $500 shoes, Cindy McCain's clothes, and what Gov Palin wore were newsworthy

All comes down to who has a "D" and an "R" at the end of their name

Joe Steel
05-05-2009, 12:30 PM
Well Joe, liberals have taken $9 trillion from the workers and transferred it to the "poor" over the last 40 years - and we are told there are more poor then ever before

Seem your "war on poverty" has been a total failure

Says who?

In what way?

Sems the left still wants to throw more money at the "problem" and expand their social programs. Liberal programs have not saved the "poor" but only created more poor

Says who?

And do mean the portion of the population who are poor is greater now than it would have been if no "war on poverty" had been begun? If that's the case, I'd like to see some proof. Show me how the war on provery has created poor, not just failed to relieve all poverty.

Joe Steel
05-05-2009, 12:32 PM
But libs and the liberal media sure thought McCain's $500 shoes, Cindy McCain's clothes, and what Gov Palin wore were newsworthy

All comes down to who has a "D" and an "R" at the end of their name

You're probably right about the McCains. Palin, however, seems to have taken advantage of a donor's generosity. That's legitmately newsworthy.

red states rule
05-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Says who?

In what way?

Says who?

And do mean the portion of the population who are poor is greater now than it would have been if no "war on poverty" had been begun? If that's the case, I'd like to see some proof. Show me how the war on provery has created poor, not just failed to relieve all poverty.

The number is higher Joe - this was as of 2004

Now ignore the facts and attack the source, and author

$9 Trillion Didn't End Poverty -- What to Do?
by Jenifer Zeigler

Jenifer Zeigler is a welfare policy analyst at the Cato Institute.
Added to cato.org on September 3, 2004

This article appeared on Foxnews.com on September 1, 2004.

At the Republican National Convention this week, there was a lot of talk about money. Pay raises for firefighters. Money for Swift Boat ads. Money to rebuild Iraq, and so on. One thing the pundits and presidential candidates didn't say much about, however, is how much money has been spent fighting the "war on poverty"--$9 trillion and counting. Yes, $9 trillion.

Yet, as the Census Bureau just reported, poverty in America is up. So what do the candidates propose we do?

Well, one candidate believes the solution is to spend more money on social programs, while the other believes the solution is to spend more money on ... social programs. Since 2000, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (the traditional welfare program) spending has increased 6 percent. What did we get for that money? A higher poverty rate. Obviously a stagnant economy and poor job market are responsible for the increase in those living below the poverty line. However, spending more money on social programs is not raising them back out of poverty.

The best way to reduce the poverty rate is to convince people to avoid poverty in the first place by finishing school, delaying parenthood, and getting a job (any job). High school dropouts are roughly three times more likely to end up in poverty than are those who complete at least a high school education. A common reason why teens drop out of high school is out-of-wedlock births. Teenage pregnancy initiates a single mother into a life of dependency that is difficult to overcome, especially if she goes on to have additional children. Over half of welfare money is spent on families that began with a teen birth.

Getting a job as a solution to poverty may seem like common sense. Granted, not every job pays a wage that will catapult a family into the middle class. However, every job provides job experience, and that leads to a better job. Maybe today's minimum-wage, service industry employee is not on a track for management. But he is showing that he is a reliable worker who can learn and perform duties, something a future employer will value.

Despite all this common sense, Democrats refuse to endorse welfare reform that would emphasize actual work experience. They would spend money to send single moms to college or train them in a specific skill for which there may be no demand in the job market. Republicans are not doing much better by encouraging social spending on programs like marriage initiatives, suggesting that coupling off the poor will somehow raise them out of poverty. In the past 40 years, we have spent at least $8.9 trillion (in constant 2003 dollars) on the "war on poverty." Isn't it time that one of the candidates admit we cannot spend our way out of poverty?

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=2807

red states rule
05-05-2009, 12:35 PM
You're probably right about the McCains. Palin, however, seems to have taken advantage of a donor's generosity. That's legitmately newsworthy.

You mean my donating the clothes to a charity? Yep, what a way to take "advantage" of a donor's generosity

She did not buy the clothes, She did not want them in the first place. She looked fine in the clothes she bought

Bottom line is Joe, libs hate it when they are called on to hold to own to the standards they set for their opposition

Joe Steel
05-06-2009, 12:21 PM
The number is higher Joe - this was as of 2004

On a very simple level, you may be correct: the war on poverty has failed. Spending all that money didn't alleviate the need. A competent analyst wouldn't come to that conclusion, though. Merely comparing the spending with the outcome without some control leads to an unreliable conclusion. We don't know how bad poverty would be had the war on poverty never been begun. We just can't ignore the Republican control of the economy and the government and how they've bungled the job. They very likely created more poor than available resources could help.

PostmodernProphet
05-06-2009, 01:47 PM
We just can't ignore the Republican control of the economy and the government and how they've bungled the job.

so in looking at the evidence of Liberal bungling for decades your response is, "we can't ignore Republican bungling".....truly amazing......