PDA

View Full Version : Justice Souter calls it quits

emmett
05-01-2009, 07:08 PM
Well imagine that folks. Anybody surprised?But fear not, our president assures us he will appoint someone who upholds the Constitution:laugh2:, doesn't try to write law:laugh2: and will live up to the strong tradition of US Supreme Court servitude.

:lol:

I wonder if he'll appoint the most Liberal Justice in American history?:laugh2:

Any thoughts anybody?

glockmail
05-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Who can be more liberal than Ginsberg?

Whoever he appoints, you bet the Republicans won't try and block him or her. They don't have the balls.

And for Souter: don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out, you fucking traitor.

emmett
05-02-2009, 01:53 AM
You'll think Ginsberg in Ronald damn Reagen afetr you see this chick he's gonna appoint.

Kathianne
05-02-2009, 03:13 AM
I thought there was something on this, but bottom line he's going to replace a liberal with a liberal. Then with Ginsberg, same thing. Right now, the balance won't really change, but that depends on 'no surprises.' Someone else said, 'elections have consequences' and the court is one of them.

Trigg
05-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Well with any luck he just won't find the time to fill this position, he's busy taking long strolls with his wife, doncha know.

He's been in office over 100 days and I don't know how many positions he has left to staff.

emmett
05-05-2009, 01:47 AM
I thought there was something on this, but bottom line he's going to replace a liberal with a liberal. Then with Ginsberg, same thing. Right now, the balance won't really change, but that depends on 'no surprises.' Someone else said, 'elections have consequences' and the court is one of them.

Seems Justices are more likely to turn from right to left than visa versa though does it not? Souter being the perfect example. I think 7 of the Justices on the court now were appointed by Republicans yet the court leans only 5-4. Could be that Republicans are a bit more responsible in appointing moderates to the court also but I'm sure the lefties would argue that.

Kathianne
05-05-2009, 05:18 AM
Seems Justices are more likely to turn from right to left than visa versa though does it not? Souter being the perfect example. I think 7 of the Justices on the court now were appointed by Republicans yet the court leans only 5-4. Could be that Republicans are a bit more responsible in appointing moderates to the court also but I'm sure the lefties would argue that.

After the Bork problem, GHWB decided on a 'stealth candidate', Souter. Problem is, no one knew what he thought. So, there you have it. Consequences of any judge appointed now, they will be around a long time, thus making it possible that the balance will switch in the future.

PostmodernProphet
05-05-2009, 08:49 AM
I mentioned during the campaign that it would be a kindness to the liberal SC justices to elect a Democrat.....electing a Republican would only have meant they had to stay on the bench another 4-8 years....let the poor buggers retire while they can still enjoy baiting a hook.......

Psychoblues
05-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Justice Souter readily admits that he felt he had to leave his intellect, experience and IQ at the door each time he entered the open sessions.

Kathianne
05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Justice Souter readily admits that he felt he had to leave his intellect, experience and IQ at the door each time he entered the open sessions.

I wonder what that judge, appointed by GHWB, means by all that?!?!?!?!?!?!??!??!

Perhaps the fear and loathing is too much for him to handle?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues
PB, the fear and loathing thing, leave in sig. It's being deleted. You are now on warning for continuing it, from this posts time in place.

Psychoblues
05-06-2009, 10:18 PM
You are confusing the hell out of me, kitty. I have nothing in my sig about "fear and loathing". Please correct me if I am incorrect. Obviously pm is not working?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!

PB, the fear and loathing thing, leave in sig. It's being deleted. You are now on warning for continuing it, from this posts time in place.

Can I get you a Cosmos?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!