PDA

View Full Version : Obama Going After Tax Cheats?

red states rule
05-05-2009, 05:40 AM
Pres Obama should be making sure his freaking cabinet is paying their taxes before he tries to convince us that he cares about people not paying taxes.

Also, Pres Obama needs to learn making use of 'legal' loopholes is not cheating

Obama Unveils Plan to Close Tax Loopholes

President Obama's plan would eliminate certain tax deductions for companies and consider U.S. citizens who use tax havens such as the Bahamas or Cayman Islands guilty of violating tax laws.

President Obama announced Monday a plan to prevent U.S. companies using offshore banks to deferr tax payments, saying that the effort to "shelter" money creates an unfair advantage to U.S. companies and amounts to evasion.

The president also called for more transparency in bank accounts held by Americans in tax havens such as the Cayman Islands.

"The way to make American businesses competitive is not to let some citizens and businesses dodge their responsibility, while ordinary Americans pick up the slack. Unfortunately, that's exactly what we're doing," Obama said.

"If financial institutions won't cooperate with us, we will assume that they are sheltering money in tax havens and act accordingly," he continued.

Under the plan, companies would not be able to write off domestic expenses for generating profits abroad. The goal is to reduce the incentive for U.S. companies to base all or part of their operations in other countries.

The current law, Obama said, "says you should pay lower taxes if you create a job in Bangalore, India, than if you create one in Buffalo, New York. "

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/05/04/obama-crack-business-taxes/

Insein
05-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Wow, Barack has the 12 step program for driving American businesses to other countries down doesn't he?

red states rule
05-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Wow, Barack has the 12 step program for driving American businesses to other countries down doesn't he?

Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's

5stringJeff
05-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar's

And then some.

Mr. P
05-05-2009, 10:19 PM
My outside flag is worn and needs to be properly retired. I'm wondering if I should buy a new one before July 4th...or will it just be obsolete by then. Oh, :wtf: I'm doing it! Maybe someone will ask me why I fly this flag. What the colors mean, what the bars mean...what's it all about anyway?
If that happens just once I'll be busy all summer...educating.

Hey here's an idea..if a kid comes to the door selling some, chocolate or whatever, I'll tell them if they can tell me some fact/s about the flag flying beside them, I'll buy 12 candy bars!

There is a silver lining in this DARK cloud! :salute:

red states rule
05-06-2009, 03:27 AM
Obama and the Dems are once again playing the game of unintended consequences.

Banning offshore investments will cause other countries to ban offshore investment into the US.

Guess who that would hurt the most? Especially with the Obama trying to cover his near two trillion dollar deficit this year