PDA

View Full Version : Why Are Liberals No Longer Talking About Iraq?

red states rule
05-06-2009, 03:52 AM
Before the election, the nightly news, and liberal newspapers, were filled with stories about our “illegal war” in Iraq.

We were told that the Democrats were going to end the war immediately and bring our troops home.

We are still there. We are not going to leave.

What happened to the daily death counts?

Well, at least they won’t be protesting at the funerals of our soldiers any longer, as the protesters are now busy with their new staff jobs in the White House.

mundame
05-06-2009, 12:22 PM
They aren't talking about it because now it's Obama's problem. I think you know that, RSR.

And they are inclined to cut him a break, for now.

I'm not --- I think we should be out, out, out, out of that godforsaken, blighted place.

I do NOT think the military and State Department have given up their hope of parlaying this long war into permanent bases, however. They keep lengthening the time troops "have" to be there, in hopes that Iraq will stabilize enough that we can do permanent bases.

I think Obama was co-opted by the military as soon as he got into office.

red states rule
05-06-2009, 12:36 PM
They aren't talking about it because now it's Obama's problem. I think you know that, RSR.

And they are inclined to cut him a break, for now.

I'm not --- I think we should be out, out, out, out of that godforsaken, blighted place.

I do NOT think the military and State Department have given up their hope of parlaying this long war into permanent bases, however. They keep lengthening the time troops "have" to be there, in hopes that Iraq will stabilize enough that we can do permanent bases.

I think Obama was co-opted by the military as soon as he got into office.

Or could it be the Surge that Obama was against really worked?

mundame
05-06-2009, 12:46 PM
Or could it be the Surge that Obama was against really worked?

Ha, not a chance.

red states rule
05-06-2009, 12:49 PM
Ha, not a chance.

Well Mundame, spin this

Barack Obama purges Web site critique of surge in Iraq
BY JAMES GORDON MEEK
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Monday, July 14th 2008, 8:10 PM

WASHINGTON - Barack Obama's campaign scrubbed his presidential Web site over the weekend to remove criticism of the U.S. troop "surge" in Iraq, the Daily News has learned.

The presumed Democratic nominee replaced his Iraq issue Web page, which had described the surge as a "problem" that had barely reduced violence.

"The surge is not working," Obama's old plan stated, citing a lack of Iraqi political cooperation but crediting Sunni sheiks - not U.S. military muscle - for quelling violence in Anbar Province.

The News reported Sunday that insurgent attacks have fallen to the fewest since March 2004.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2008/07/14/2008-07-14_barack_obama_purges_web_site_critique_of.html

emmett
05-06-2009, 03:30 PM
That's not fair RSR. Too much fact. Too accurate. No spin. Basically it's useless information.

red states rule
05-06-2009, 03:33 PM
That's not fair RSR. Too much fact. Too accurate. No spin. Basically it's useless information.

Ok Emmett, get my cell ready. Here comes more facts about what Obama said about the surge

Of course, the Chosen One has since removed all his "support" of the surge from his website

Friday, January 05, 2007
Obama Podcast: Troop Surge "Makes Absolutely No Sense"

Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) does periodic podcasts from his web site and his latest, released Wednesday, is well worth a listen as he discusses his thoughts on the conduct of the Iraq war and the ludicrous plan expected from George W. Bush to escalate our involvement in the Iraqi civil war.

An excerpt:

"I have to say that it is a chilling prospect, the notion that we would send tens of thousands of additional American young men and women to compound the tragic mistake that has already been made over the last four years.

"… In the face of this quagmire, the notion that we would put tens of thousands more young Americans in harm's way without changing our fundamental strategy, a strategy that's failed by almost every imaginable count , makes absolutely no sense. In escalating the war with a so-called surge of troops, the president would be overriding the express concerns of Generals on the ground, the bipartisan Iraq Study Group and the American people."

http://bobgeiger.blogspot.com/2007/01/obama-podcast-troop-surge-makes.html

glockmail
05-06-2009, 03:50 PM
It was only an election issue.

red states rule
05-06-2009, 03:53 PM
Obama is too interested in more important things to bother with Iraq.

There are companies to buy and photo ops to make.

Long walks with the wife, and burgers with Joe.

Obama does not have enough time to worry about the troops or defeating terrorists

moderate democrat
05-06-2009, 04:25 PM
:lol:

it is so entertaining to watch all you hard core republicans "debate policy" amongst yourselves!

red states rule
05-06-2009, 04:27 PM

it is so entertaining to watch all you hard core republicans "debate policy" amongst yourselves!

Well why do you think the left is not talking about Iraq Virgil?

Perhaps because they were wrong, and they no longer have large amounts of dead troops to exploit for their own political gain?

moderate democrat
05-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Elmo...you don't need or really want me in this "debate" of yours...

you guys just keep on "debating"... I'll just laugh my ass off reading it.:lol:

theHawk
05-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Who could forget that during the O'Reilly interview Obama gave up this gem:
“I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody had anticipated.”
McCain jumped on that and stated the obvious- those that pushed for the surge did anticipate success for it.

I always said nothing would really change in regards to the war if Obama was elected. Obama's Iraq policy is just a continuation of Bush's policy. Its funny how the liberal media has pulled a complete 180 on this subject.
Don't get me wrong, I am glad Obama has at least enough sense to realize Bush was right and is acknowledging that fact by continuing the same policies. I just think its hilarious he won't say so publically.
The media knows this and is keeping their collective mouths shut about it because they don't want to be embarrassed by the fact that they cherish their hero worship of Obama over their phoney outrage of the war.

red states rule
05-06-2009, 04:50 PM
Elmo...you don't need or really want me in this "debate" of yours...

you guys just keep on "debating"... I'll just laugh my ass off reading it.:lol:

That should take about 9 months of laughing Virgil

So you horn in, have nothing to offer to the discussion, and just insult people.

Situation normal for you Virgil

red states rule
05-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Who could forget that during the O'Reilly interview Obama gave up this gem:
“I think that the surge has succeeded in ways that nobody had anticipated.”
McCain jumped on that and stated the obvious- those that pushed for the surge did anticipate success for it.

I always said nothing would really change in regards to the war if Obama was elected. Obama's Iraq policy is just a continuation of Bush's policy. Its funny how the liberal media has pulled a complete 180 on this subject.
Don't get me wrong, I am glad Obama has at least enough sense to realize Bush was right and is acknowledging that fact by continuing the same policies. I just think its hilarious he won't say so publically.
The media knows this and is keeping their collective mouths shut about it because they don't want to be embarrassed by the fact that they cherish their hero worship of Obama over their phoney outrage of the war.

Got this in an email awhile back

Did you know? How could we?

Did you know that 47 countries' have reestablished their embassies in Iraq?
Did you know that the Iraqi government currently employs 1.2 million Iraqi people?
Did you know that 3100 schools have been renovated, 364 schools are under rehabilitation,
263 new schools are now under construction; and 38 new schools have been completed in Iraq?
Did you know that Iraq 's higher educational structure consists of 20 Universities, 46 Institutes
or colleges and 4 research centers, all currently operating?
Did you know that 25 Iraq students departed for the United States in January 2005 for the re-established Fulbright program?
Did you know that the Iraqi Navy is operational? They have 5-100-foot patrol craft, 34 smaller vessels and a naval
infantry regiment.
Did you know that Iraq's Air Force consists of three operational squadrons, Which includes 9 reconnaissance and
3 US C-130 transport aircraft (under Iraqi operational control) which operate day and night, and will soon add 16
UH-1 helicopters and 4 Bell Jet Rangers?
Did you know that Iraq has a counter-terrorist unit and a Commando Battalion?
Did you know that the Iraqi Police Service has over 55,000 fully trained and equipped police officers?
Did you know that there are 5 Police Academies in Iraq that produce over 3500 new officers every 8 weeks?
Did you know there are more than 1100 building projects going on in Iraq? They include 364 schools, 67 public
clinics, 15 hospitals, 83 railroad stations, 22 oil facilities, 93 wate facilities and 69 electrical facilities.
Did you know that 96% of Iraqi children under the age of 5 have received the first 2 series of polio vaccinations?
Did you know that 4.3 million Iraqi children were enrolled in primary school by mid October?
Did you know that there are 1,192,000 cell phone subscribers in Iraq and phone use has gone up 158%?
Did you know that Iraq has an independent media that consists of 75 radio stations, 180 newspapers and
10 television stations?
Did you know that the Baghdad Stock Exchange opened in June of 2004?
Did you know that 2 candidates in the Iraqi presidential election had a televised debate recently?

OF COURSE WE DIDN'T KNOW!
WHY DIDN'T WE KNOW?
BECAUSE OUR MEDIA WON'T TELL US!

moderate democrat
05-06-2009, 04:55 PM
That should take about 9 months of laughing Virgil

So you horn in, have nothing to offer to the discussion, and just insult people.

Situation normal for you Virgil

I merely commented that you and jeff agreeing with one another hardly constituted a debate.

no insult at all....just an observation. would you really dispute it?:lol:

red states rule
05-06-2009, 04:58 PM
I merely commented that you and jeff agreeing with one another hardly constituted a debate.

So as the lone lib and Obama supporter on this thread - are you going to answer the question?

Or are you out to derail another thread?

theHawk
05-06-2009, 05:00 PM

Considering no liberals can or will debate on most any subject these days, what are the rest of us supposed to do? :laugh2:

red states rule
05-06-2009, 05:04 PM
Considering no liberals can or will debate on most any subject these days, what are the rest of us supposed to do? :laugh2:

Libs believed the same thing when Johnson promised the same things many years ago.

Same Kool-Aid, different liberal President.

The beat goes on.

moderate democrat
05-06-2009, 05:08 PM

dare to visit a board where there are an equal or greater number of liberals.

fat chance:lol:

you guys LOVE it here because you can all agree with one another all day long and bash liberals to your heart's content.

I have no real desire to step into that.... but reading it and laughing at it is part of my daily routine.

red states rule
05-06-2009, 05:10 PM

you guys LOVE it here because you can all agree with one another all day long and bash liberals to your heart's content.

I have no real desire to step into that.... but reading it and laughing at it is part of my daily routine.

There you go folks.

Virgil is once again showing off his debate skills. Don't blink or you will miss it

If you don't like here, why ddo you keep coming back? :laugh2:

moderate democrat
05-06-2009, 05:11 PM
oh yeah...I forgot...and you LOVE to regularly neg rep all the liberals because you got the POWAH!!!!:lol:

DILLIGAS?????

red states rule
05-06-2009, 05:13 PM
I have to admit, 0bama plays his base like a concert pianist - and they follow him around like a puppy

moderate democrat
05-06-2009, 05:14 PM
There you go folks.

Virgil is once again showing off his debate skills. Don't blink or you will miss it

If you don't like here, why ddo you keep coming back? :laugh2:

I like it here....it's comedy relief for me. My day is stressful and when I need some stress relief, I come and read you republicans whining from the wilderness. It is classic good humor! YOu got your asses POUNDED the last two election cycles and you still think that all you need to do is a little bit more of the same and you'll be back on top in no time! And you gather here to pump yourselves up for the big battle! ROFLMFAO!!!!

red states rule
05-06-2009, 05:17 PM
There is no other logical conclusion as to why the left are suddenly silent over Iraq while Obama is President vs when Bush was. The actions do betray the motives.

Most liberals, never gave a damn about casualties of any kind. It was merely a political ploy. The media once again clearly demonstrates its Pro Obama bias as the coverage of Iraq has done a 180.

Again, the actions betray the motives.

The left does not oppose the war. They only opposed Bush since he was not a Democrat.

Nothing more. To try and argue otherwise is to exercise in spin doctoring. The actions betray the motives.

But you already knew this since you live your life by it

actsnoblemartin
05-06-2009, 06:29 PM
the surge worked

emmett
05-06-2009, 06:35 PM
I like it here....it's comedy relief for me. My day is stressful and when I need some stress relief, I come and read you republicans whining from the wilderness. It is classic good humor! YOu got your asses POUNDED the last two election cycles and you still think that all you need to do is a little bit more of the same and you'll be back on top in no time! And you gather here to pump yourselves up for the big battle! ROFLMFAO!!!!

It looks like you've had a few stressful days lately MD, haven't seen you around much. Everything OK?

red states rule
05-06-2009, 06:38 PM
It looks like you've had a few stressful days lately MD, haven't seen you around much. Everything OK?

He can't like the Democrats no longer use the lives of American servicemen for their personal political gain. Nothing more than pawns to be cast aside.

So he is in a foul mood

Jeff
05-06-2009, 07:14 PM

Have to debate amongst ourselves cause all the chicken shits ran

BY the way wb Virgil, LOL

red states rule
05-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Have to debate amongst ourselves cause all the chicken shits ran

BY the way wb Virgil, LOL

Very true Jeff. The libs used theri Iraq strategy to combat the conservatives. They decided to cut and run from the fight

Jeff
05-06-2009, 07:21 PM

There is no debating you Virgil it is why we just agree, no need to lower ourselves to talking about others kids and wishing people were dead, ooo and by the way I watched you debate for the last couple of days, LOL, is that what ya call it?

moderate democrat
05-06-2009, 07:59 PM
There is no debating you Virgil it is why we just agree, no need to lower ourselves to talking about others kids and wishing people were dead, ooo and by the way I watched you debate for the last couple of days, LOL, is that what ya call it?

keep "debating" this issue with your butt buddies, jeffy boy.... I think you're winning!:lol:

Jeff
05-06-2009, 08:05 PM
keep "debating" this issue with your butt buddies, jeffy boy.... I think you're winning!:lol:

LOL, I applaud you Virgil, I didn't know you could send a message without cussing and threatening in it, LOL,ooo that's right this isn't pm;s, lol
PREACHER MY ASS

moderate democrat
05-06-2009, 08:07 PM
LOL, I applaud you Virgil, I didn't know you could send a message without cussing and threatening in it, LOL,ooo that's right this isn't pm;s, lol
PREACHER MY ASS

the name is not virgil...I am not a preacher... and you are STILL a moron who only "wins" debates when you "debate" with your pals. :lol:

Jeff
05-06-2009, 08:20 PM
the name is not virgil...I am not a preacher... and you are STILL a moron who only "wins" debates when you "debate" with your pals. :lol:

I won this one, LOL, cause your name is Virgil you are a preacher from maine and a week ago when I was 75 miles from your house you were much quieter , so you are a sissy to, A man afraid of his own existence is a real winner, LMAO

moderate democrat
05-06-2009, 09:00 PM
I won this one, LOL, cause your name is Virgil you are a preacher from maine and a week ago when I was 75 miles from your house you were much quieter , so you are a sissy to, A man afraid of his own existence is a real winner, LMAO

If you were 75 miles away from Maine, how far away were you from Iowa?:lol: I can see the bettendorf bridge from my living room.... next time you are in this neck of the woods, let's have coffee.

Jeff
05-06-2009, 09:11 PM
:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

What a man, gone for a couple days and right back to the same ol shit, OK Virgil whatever, but I am done arguing with you in this thread, allot of good people here don't care nothing about this trash, just leave me out of your post and we will be fine, keep it going in pm's , that is where it belongs,OK I am done, Bye Virgil

moderate democrat
05-06-2009, 09:13 PM
the name's not Virgil, but AMF in any case.:lol:

red states rule
05-07-2009, 05:04 AM
Back to the topic at hand

You don't hear about Iraq anymore because of the Liberak media and that Obama is President. He is now in charge..so whatever he wants to do is just fine with the left.

THey didn't like the war in Iraq because they didn't like the person in charge at that time, and they used the war and the troops as props. They used those keeping the nation safe as targets to score political points

Now is ok though... troops could probably stay forever and they wouldn't care. As long as they are in power, the hell with the troops

glockmail
05-07-2009, 08:09 AM
the name's not Virgil, but AMF in any case.:lol:
He's got your address now though.

red states rule
05-07-2009, 08:11 AM
So I guess the war in Iraq is OK now.

We have Obama as President, and we have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we might be having them in Pakistan some time soon.

Where's Code Pink? How come the liberal media is no longer crying out about the loss of lives? Where is Chris Matthews calling for the Dem Congress to put surrender dates in spending bills?

Is "American Imperialism" a good thing now?

The Democrat Party has changed the rules now are they trying to tell us that war is OK, and necessary but only if it's a Democrat running it and CIC

Insein
05-07-2009, 08:52 AM

We have Obama as President, and we have troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we might be having them in Pakistan some time soon.

Where's Code Pink? How come the liberal media is no longer crying out about the loss of lives? Where is Chris Matthews calling for the Dem Congress to put surrender dates in spending bills?

The Democrat Party has changed the rules now are they trying to tell us that war is OK, and necessary but only if it's a Democrat running it and CIC

We know this but MD does make a good point with his posts. No Democrat or Liberal will debate the obvious. They know the media lies and they are content with that because it lies in their favor. God help them if someone with opposing views and an equal vitrol as their own every gets a hold of the media.

Jeff
05-07-2009, 08:54 AM

I am not sure they are trying to say it is OK, the media just doesn't cover it anymore , or at least like they did, the media runs this country cause people aren't smart enough to see this, the media knows people will believe what is in there face, So to make Obama look good they no longer give a daily body count

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 11:57 AM
Iraq was a piece of unfortunate unfinished business that Barack Obama inherited from Bush. We all know that we can't simply leave the place in utter turmoil, so liberals and moderates are resigned to having to have our military clean up the mess that Bush made by invading Iraq in the first place. We all know that Obama thought that the invasion, conquest and occupation of Iraq was a bad idea. Most Americans now agree with that position. Iraq is a piece of dog crap that Bush stepped in that remains on the bottom of America's shoe. We understand that Obama has to be the one to scrape it off, and it seems as if he is trying to do so in a responsible manner, imho.

Jeff
05-07-2009, 01:25 PM
Iraq was a piece of unfortunate unfinished business that Barack Obama inherited from Bush. We all know that we can't simply leave the place in utter turmoil, so liberals and moderates are resigned to having to have our military clean up the mess that Bush made by invading Iraq in the first place. We all know that Obama thought that the invasion, conquest and occupation of Iraq was a bad idea. Most Americans now agree with that position. Iraq is a piece of dog crap that Bush stepped in that remains on the bottom of America's shoe. We understand that Obama has to be the one to scrape it off, and it seems as if he is trying to do so in a responsible manner, imho.

I understand your opinion on the war

My question is why the liberal media is not giving us a body count everyday as they did when Bush was in office?

So again it looks as though the liberal media is either one sided or they are now saying the war's are ok

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 01:33 PM
I understand your opinion on the war

My question is why the liberal media is not giving us a body count everyday as they did when Bush was in office?

So again it looks as though the liberal media is either one sided or they are now saying the war's are ok

I cannot speak for you, but I am always aware of when Americans die in Iraq AND in Afghanistan. And, I am aware of when Iraqi civilians are killed by sectarian terrorism. I hear about that in the MSM... I just don't think that body counts every day mean anything when many days go by in between American casualties in Iraq. We lost 16 Americans in 01/09, 17 in 02/09, only 9 in 03/09 and 19 in 04/09. A far cry from the 137 in 11/04 or even the 126 as recently as 05/07. We don't hear about body counts for the simple reason that there are not nearly as many bodies TO count - a very good development, wouldn't you say?

Jeff
05-07-2009, 01:40 PM
I cannot speak for you, but I am always aware of when Americans die in Iraq AND in Afghanistan. And, I am aware of when Iraqi civilians are killed by sectarian terrorism. I hear about that in the MSM... I just don't think that body counts every day mean anything when many days go by in between American casualties in Iraq. We lost 16 Americans in 01/09, 17 in 02/09, only 9 in 03/09 and 19 in 04/09. A far cry from the 137 in 11/04 or even the 126 as recently as 05/07. We don't hear about body counts for the simple reason that there are not nearly as many bodies TO count - a very good development, wouldn't you say?

Yes absolutely Virgil it is great, I agree the less body counts the better, but back when GW was in office, if one soldier was killed it was all over the TV, I also wonder why the media is not grasping as you did the fact that Obama has made the body count drop so much?

I wonder if maybe that is cause of the Surge GW wanted and Obama didn't agree with?

Jeff
05-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Yes absolutely Virgil it is great, I agree the less body counts the better, but back when GW was in office, if one soldier was killed it was all over the TV, I also wonder why the media is not grasping as you did the fact that Obama has made the body count drop so much?

I wonder if maybe that is cause of the Surge GW wanted and Obama didn't agree with?

Ok I see ya don't want to answer this one Virgil so I will

The surge is exactly why we have less of a body count, and just as you couldn't answer that question and sit at home trying to figure out a reply, Obama sits in the WH trying to figure out how to spin this in his favor , once he has done that the media will be business as usual.Telling us how to worship the Messiah.

red states rule
05-07-2009, 02:19 PM

The surge is exactly why we have less of a body count, and just as you couldn't answer that question and sit at home trying to figure out a reply, Obama sits in the WH trying to figure out how to spin this in his favor , once he has done that the media will be business as usual.Telling us how to worship the Messiah.

Da libs spent all their energy on the last administration. They must rest now, and draw their gubmit checks.

Is very simple Jeff. Libs live by a code of double standards. Virgil is now using "it's Bush's fault" to try and give Obama a pass

During the Bush years, libs loved to hear about the death o**** of our troops. Libs like Virgil were convinced Kerry's road to the White House would be paved with the bodies of dead troops

Then Bush won, and the libs turned up the heat even more by opposing the surge the left was eemanding for over a year. The minute Pres Bush agreeded to the surge, the Dems did a 180 and opposed it

After 2006, Reid and Pelosi kept trying to slip surrender dates into every spending bill. They said the surge was a waste of time and resources. They continued to slime and insult the troops

In fact, Virgil himself called the troops in Iraq "infidels". Like his party leaders - he shows his support for the troops as well

So, where, oh where are the "Anti-War" protesters standing on the street corners? They have sort of disappeared since Obama was a shoe in for POTUS.

Amazingly NOTHING has changed since January 20th except for who the CIC is

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 02:23 PM

again... I think the media tells us whenever an American dies... and I think I hear about it. I can't speak for you or your media outlets.

No doubt the surge worked beyond anyone's wildest expectations. I think that is due primarily to Petraeus's great leadership and his drastically altered strategy. That does not make Bush's decision to GO into Iraq in the first place a retroactively good one.

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 02:25 PM

dial it back a bit jeff... I was out of the office at the hardware store.

Jeff
05-07-2009, 02:27 PM
Da libs spent all their energy on the last administration. They must rest now, and draw their gubmit checks.

Is very simple Jeff. Libs live by a code of double standards. Virgil is now using "it's Bush's fault" to try and give Obama a pass

During the Bush years, libs loved to hear about the death o**** of our troops. Libs like Virgil were convinced Kerry's road to the White House would be paved with the bodies of dead troops

Then Bush won, and the libs turned up the heat even more by opposing the surge the left was eemanding for over a year. The minute Pres Bush agreeded to the surge, the Dems did a 180 and opposed it

After 2006, Reid and Pelosi kept trying to slip surrneder dates into every spending bill. They said the surge was a waste of time and resources. They continued to slime and insult the troops

In fact, Virgil himslef called the troops in iraq "infidels". Like his party leaders - he shows his support for the troops as well

So, where, oh where are the "Anti-War" protesters standing on the street corners? They have sort of disappeared since Obama was a shoe in for POTUS.

Amazingly NOTHING has changed since January 20th except for who the CIC is

Anyone for any reason that dis respects our young men and women over there fighting , whether they believe in the war or not ought to be hung from the highest tree.

Jeff
05-07-2009, 02:29 PM
dial it back a bit jeff... I was out of the office at the hardware store.

Got ya, And I am glad we agree that GW was right with the Surge and Obama was wrong

red states rule
05-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Anyone for any reason that dis respects our young men and women over there fighting , whether they believe in the war or not ought to be hung from the highest tree.

Dems have done that for years Jeff

Virgils calls them infidels. Kerry calls them terrorists and uneducated. Sen Durbin compares them to Nazi's and Pol Pot. Libs want them charged with torture for protecting the US - while demanding US Constitutional rights for terrorists

Obama snubs wounded troops in Germany to play basketball

Yes, the liberal thought process is a sight to behold

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 02:34 PM
Got ya, And I am glad we agree that GW was right with the Surge and Obama was wrong

I was wrong... the surge worked beyond my expectations to be sure. that does not change the fact that, in my opinion, the surge was something that was undertaken to fix something that never should have been started in the first place.

red states rule
05-07-2009, 02:36 PM
I was wrong... the surge worked beyond my expectations to be sure. that does not change the fact that, in my opinion, the surge was something that was undertaken to fix something that never should have been started in the first place.

Translation - so what if the srge worked. If Iraq falls apart I will blame Bush. If Iraq works out I will gve credit to Obama and not the infidel troops

Jeff
05-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Dems have done that for years Jeff

Virgils calls them infidels. Kerry calls them terrorists and uneducated. Sen Durbin compares them to Nazi's and Pol Pot. Libs want them charged with torture for protecting the US - while demanding US Constitutional rights for terrorists

Obama snubs wounded troops in Germany to play basketball

Yes, the liberal thought process is a sight to behold

You know there was a thread dmp put in the military section that was fantastic, it wasn't a war story just a story about a kid that was determined to make it, no matter how scared he was.I read that story and thought it was fantastic, showed to my own kids , just so they could see what makes a man.

And then to think of young men and women flying thousands of miles away to fight as they were told to do, the feelings those soldiers must feel and then to have idiots here in America talking bad of them, the scum that protested funerals, the People bad mouthing them for doing there jobs, well honestly I would like to hear about there body counts

Jeff
05-07-2009, 03:14 PM

No need for the lib spin, a simple agree would of worked, But that is the difference between you and I, I don't protect something just for my party, guess ya call what you do PARTY OVER COUNTRY

See my statement was glad we agree GW was right Obama was wrong but you prove Red's point all the time by putting these spins on things

Jeff
05-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Virgil did ya really call the soldiers infidels ?? :eek:

If so I have to ask you, if you hate America so much why not move to another country, Go to Iraq you may be a hero there if your Messiah ever does pull the troops.

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 03:47 PM
No need for the lib spin, a simple agree would of worked, But that is the difference between you and I, I don't protect something just for my party, guess ya call what you do PARTY OVER COUNTRY

See my statement was glad we agree GW was right Obama was wrong but you prove Red's point all the time by putting these spins on things

and you want to make it about Obama being wrong. Lots of people were wrong about the surge....not just Obama.... myself included. But my point about Iraq...and it has been consistent for years before I came to this board, is that I think that the war was a mistake to start....it has ZIP to do with my political party. It has to do with my belief that we were better off with Saddam in power than giving control to the shiites who will ultimately, in my opinion, align Iraq with Iran which will be the terrible unintended, if not unforeseen, consequence of our invasion.

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Virgil did ya really call the soldiers infidels ?? :eek:

If so I have to ask you, if you hate America so much why not move to another country, Go to Iraq you may be a hero there if your Messiah ever does pull the troops.

I never called our soldiers infidels.

You would agree, would you not, that, to most Iraqi muslims, American soldiers, who are predominately Christian, would be considered infidels?

I like America just fine Jeff. I am a proud veteran.

red states rule
05-07-2009, 03:52 PM

You would agree, would you not, that, to most Iraqi muslims, American soldiers, who are predominately Christian, would be considered infidels?

LIAR!!!!

Originally Posted by manfrommaine
what about having American infidel troops on the ground in Iraq for some period of time longer than they have been do you think will cause sunnis and shiites in Iraq to NOT want to kill one another? Or is it all just crossing our fingers and holding on to that glimmer of hope that people that have hated each other for a millenium will miraculously agree to have a big group hug and create a multicultural jeffersonian democrachy simply because our troops have shown them the light?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=274761&postcount=19

Jeff
05-07-2009, 03:54 PM
and you want to make it about Obama being wrong. Lots of people were wrong about the surge....not just Obama.... myself included. But my point about Iraq...and it has been consistent for years before I came to this board, is that I think that the war was a mistake to start....it has ZIP to do with my political party. It has to do with my belief that we were better off with Saddam in power than giving control to the shiites who will ultimately, in my opinion, align Iraq with Iran which will be the terrible unintended, if not unforeseen, consequence of our invasion.

Not that I want to make it about Obama being wrong Virgil but it is the way the thread is going , right or wrong, and your explanation is believable, allot felt the war is wrong,we also differ there, I remember the first speech GW gave after 9/11, it said if you harbor terrorist sponsor them or are a terrorist you are our enemy, I still feel that way, but back to the original question, why is the media not covering now the way they did when GW was in office?

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 03:55 PM
LIAR!!!!

Originally Posted by manfrommaine
what about having American infidel troops on the ground in Iraq for some period of time longer than they have been do you think will cause sunnis and shiites in Iraq to NOT want to kill one another? Or is it all just crossing our fingers and holding on to that glimmer of hope that people that have hated each other for a millenium will miraculously agree to have a big group hug and create a multicultural jeffersonian democrachy simply because our troops have shown them the light?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showpost.php?p=274761&postcount=19

my name is moderate democrat. sorry.

and you didn't answer my question either. how do you think that Iraqi civilians categorize our troops if not as infidels?

red states rule
05-07-2009, 03:56 PM
my name is moderate democrat. sorry.

and you didn't answer my question either. how do you think that Iraqi civilians categorize our troops if not as infidels?

Formally maninfromman, formally retired man

Any more questions Virgil?

Jeff
05-07-2009, 03:57 PM

You are a liar Virgil , I just checked the post RSR posted and you clearly say it, you are either on some serious ass kickin meds or you just hate America, Get the hell out you won't be missed!!

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
Not that I want to make it about Obama being wrong Virgil but it is the way the thread is going , right or wrong, and your explanation is believable, allot felt the war is wrong,we also differ there, I remember the first speech GW gave after 9/11, it said if you harbor terrorist sponsor them or are a terrorist you are our enemy, I still feel that way, but back to the original question, why is the media not covering now the way they did when GW was in office?

previously answered. I think that there are not regular body count reports because there are not regular bodies to count.

we need to be able to differentiate between terrorists, imo....

the IRA are terrorists... the tamil tigers are terrorists... there are terrorists in the philippines... but we are not fighting them because they do not consider us their enemy. the folks that saddam was supporting were not out to get America...the folks in Afghanistan were...and are.

red states rule

Eh, didn't you post you NEVER served in the US military?????

moderate democrat
You are a liar Virgil , I just checked the post RSR posted and you clearly say it, you are either on some serious ass kickin meds or you just hate America, Get the hell out you won't be missed!!

and you too avoid answering the question.

I am disappointed.

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Formally maninfromman, formally retired man

Any more questions Virgil?

I am not formerly anyone. answer the question.

Jeff
05-07-2009, 04:01 PM
previously answered. I think that there are not regular body count reports because there are not regular bodies to count.

we need to be able to differentiate between terrorists, imo....

the IRA are terrorists... the tamil tigers are terrorists... there are terrorists in the philippines... but we are not fighting them because they do not consider us their enemy. the folks that saddam was supporting were not out to get America...the folks in Afghanistan were...and are.

If my memory is right what was said is one at a time, and yes you did answer Virgil, I was meaning to just get the thread back on track

Jeff
05-07-2009, 04:03 PM
I am not formerly anyone. answer the question.

Want to go read in the cage, LOL, hmmm I think it was I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE, seems you were someone else then also.:poke::poke:

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Want to go read in the cage, LOL, hmmm I think it was I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE, seems you were someone else then also.:poke::poke:

I don't know what you are talking about. would you like to answer my question as to what our soldiers are considered by the Iraqi civilians?

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 05:03 PM
If my memory is right what was said is one at a time, and yes you did answer Virgil, I was meaning to just get the thread back on track

and I was meaning to help you get it there. I do not talk about Iraq any more because we are moving in what I think is the only direction we really can responsibly move, at this point. There is no debate about what America should be doing in Iraq... only the rather rhetorical debate about what we should have done... which really serves no useful purpose today except to highlight our past mistake in hopes that the current administration will learn from it.

theHawk
05-07-2009, 06:46 PM

Most of those places immediately ban anyone who voices any opposition to liberal ideals.

Jeff
05-07-2009, 09:42 PM
I don't know what you are talking about. would you like to answer my question as to what our soldiers are considered by the Iraqi civilians?

You would have to ask a Iraqi civilian, I am a American and would never refer to our armed forces as anything but hero's .

I would of answered this question earlier but thought it was a joke.

moderate democrat
05-07-2009, 09:56 PM
You would have to ask a Iraqi civilian, I am a American and would never refer to our armed forces as anything but hero's .

I would of answered this question earlier but thought it was a joke.

so...you don't understand that, to the garden variety muslim - not the bomb laden suicide bomber type - "infidel" is merely a term used to describe those individuals not of the muslim faith and not a hate-filled epithet? OK...I got it now. sorry. I'll try to adjust my posts to your level of knowledge going forward.:salute:

Jeff
05-07-2009, 11:21 PM
so...you don't understand that, to the garden variety muslim - not the bomb laden suicide bomber type - "infidel" is merely a term used to describe those individuals not of the muslim faith and not a hate-filled epithet? OK...I got it now. sorry. I'll try to adjust my posts to your level of knowledge going forward.:salute:

I think it is you who don't understand , I couldn't give a damn about what you or Iraqi civilian's think of our troops, I told you the way I feel!!

As for your insults why don't you go and threaten someone's minor kids go back to being retired man maineman MD Virgil or who ever the hell you are

By the way as a preacher (LMAO) I value your opinion (LOL) what do you think of my avatar, it is a church the wife and I are thinking about joining

red states rule
05-08-2009, 06:23 AM

Again, didn't you post before you NEVER served in the US military? How can you be a "proud vetern" if you never served

Jeff
05-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Again, didn't you post before you NEVER served in the US military? How can you be a "proud vetern" if you never served

You know as well as I do he never served, the only thing he has ever done is, well you know,( feeling sick to stomach)the man has lived a lie his whole life , I really believe he did live in Iowa, makes ya wonder what he is running from,registering maybe??Anyway this man is trash he is sickening!!

red states rule
05-08-2009, 08:39 AM
Didn't Obama say the other day that we can trust the Taliban government, if they take over Pakistan, to take proper good care of the nukes?

Remember, wars when Dems are in charge are okay.

Wonder how long it's gonna be before Obama pulls a Laos and widens the war into Pohkeestan.

Jeff
05-08-2009, 08:46 AM
Didn't Obama say the other day that we can trust the Taliban government, if they take over Pakistan, to take proper good care of the nukes?

Remember, wars when Dems are in charge are okay.

Wonder how long it's gonna be before Obama pulls a Laos and widens the war into Pohkeestan.

Its coming very soon, I am wondering when the protest will start, yea right

red states rule
05-08-2009, 08:50 AM
Its coming very soon, I am wondering when the protest will start, yes right

It's obvious the lefts hatred of Pres Bush trumped their fake desire for peace, or they'd still be holding up their silly "Anti-War" signs on our street corners.

OK if a Dem does it - Republican does it - instant outrage

HYPOCRITES!!!

Jeff
05-08-2009, 08:54 AM
It's obvious the lefts hatred of Pres Bush trumped their fake desire for peace, or they'd still be holding up their silly "Anti-War" signs on our street corners.

OK if a Dem does it - Republican does it - instant outrage

HYPOCRITES!!!

Makes me wonder what kind of mind can trash talk our soldiers and then watch them and agree with putting them in danger again?

red states rule
05-08-2009, 08:59 AM
Makes me wonder what kind of mind can trash talk our soldiers and then watch them and agree with putting them in danger again?

Does the word liberal mean anything to you? To most of those on the left, the US military is to be used only for photo ops, the delivery of food and other items, and as with the Clintons - waiters at a WH party

Jeff
05-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Does the word liberal mean anything to you? To most of those on the left, the US military is to be used only for photo ops, the delivery of food and other items, and as with the Clintons - waiters at a WH party

And yet they were the ones when GW was in standing around holding signs, protesting at Funerals of our soldiers, this is sickening .

When a person has to change there way of thinking to go along with there party they ought not be allowed to vote no more

red states rule
05-08-2009, 09:04 AM
And yet they were the ones when GW was in standing around holding signs, protesting at Funerals of our soldiers, this is sickening .

When a person has to change there way of thinking to go along with there party they ought not be allowed to vote no more

If McCain had won... There would be RAGING LIBERAL ANTI-WAR PROTESTS on every street corner right NOW. Let's be HONEST

Jeff
05-08-2009, 09:10 AM
If McCain had won... There would be RAGING LIBERAL ANTI-WAR PROTESTS on every street corner right NOW. Let's be HONEST

They were protesting when he was running, all the protest stopped when the messiah got in.

glockmail
05-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Eh, didn't you post you NEVER served in the US military?????Caught him in another lie.:lol:

red states rule
05-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Caught him in another lie.:lol:

It is getting way to easy Glock. I feel like Perry Mason with the killer in the witness box

Jeff
05-08-2009, 09:40 AM
It is getting way to easy Glock. I feel like Perry Mason with the killer in the witness box

OK now don't pat yourself on the back, LOL

Virgil is a pathetic Liar, he couldn't tell ya the right time of day without telling a lie, He is way to easy to catch

red states rule
05-08-2009, 11:00 AM
OK now don't pat yourself on the back, LOL

Virgil is a pathetic Liar, he couldn't tell ya the right time of day without telling a lie, He is way to easy to catch

Is it my fault that Virgil constantly has a head on collision with truth and accuracy when I respond to his posts?

Jeff
05-08-2009, 11:15 AM
Is it my fault that Virgil constantly has a head on collision with truth and accuracy when I respond to his posts?

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

But I think it is just impossible for him to tell the truth

red states rule
05-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Looks like Virgil has cut and run, redeployed, and ran away once again

Yes. The One is in charge, so war is OK, jingoistic imperialistic America has friends again who love us, the planet is saved, and all's right with the world.

I remember telling libs that you can't just "pull out" of Iraq immediately - and Obama would not do so. I also rememebr being told how wrong I was, and how I was a racist

Now those same libs are willing to wait, and are making excuses for the Chosen One?

Jeff
05-09-2009, 07:45 AM
Yes Virgil is upset, he told me so, LOL, seems he finally admitted who he is in a round about way.

As for Obama, I never got excited when he said he was closing the prison, that was nothing more than a campaign promise, were the hell was the idiot going to put them? But the best part was the libs bought his shit hook line and sinker!

red states rule
05-09-2009, 07:47 AM
Yes Virgil is upset, he told me so, LOL, seems he finally admitted who he is in a round about way.

As for Obama, I never got excited when he said he was closing the prison, that was nothing more than a campaign promise, were the hell was the idiot going to put them? But the best part was the libs bought his shit hook line and sinker!

Does Harry Reid still think the war is lost?

red states rule
05-14-2009, 01:54 PM
We are still at War in iraq, and Afghanistan, yet the street corners are conspicuously absent of abti war protesters since Obama won the election.

Not really amazing at all

It obviously wasn't about protesting war, it was about the hatred of Pres Bush, VP Cheney, and the US military