PDA

View Full Version : MA Welfare Recipents Get FREE Cars

red states rule
05-08-2009, 03:56 PM
How much more of our money does the government want? This is insane.

Will Ted Kennedy and John Kerry want to take this nationwide?

Free cars for poor fuel road rage

Gov. Deval Patrick’s free wheels for welfare recipients program is revving up despite the stalled economy, as the keys to donated cars loaded with state-funded insurance, repairs and even AAA membership are handed out to get them to work.

But the program - fueled by a funding boost despite the state’s fiscal crash - allows those who end up back on welfare to keep the cars anyway.

“It’s mind-boggling. You’ve got people out there saying, ‘I just lost my job. Hey, can I get a free car, too?’ ” said House Minority Leader Brad Jones

The Patrick administration decided last month to funnel an additional $30,000 to the nearly $400,000 annual car ownership program.

The program, which is provided by the State Department of Transitional Assistance, gives out about 65 cars a year

The state pays for the car’s insurance, inspection, excise tax, title, registration, repairs and a AAA membership for one year at a total cost of roughly $6,000 per car.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2009_05_07_Free_cars_for_poor_fuel_road_rage/srvc=home&position=also

Jeff
05-08-2009, 04:11 PM
How much more of our money does the government want? This is insane.

Will Ted Kennedy and John Kerry want to take this nationwide?

Free cars for poor fuel road rage

Gov. Deval Patrick’s free wheels for welfare recipients program is revving up despite the stalled economy, as the keys to donated cars loaded with state-funded insurance, repairs and even AAA membership are handed out to get them to work.

But the program - fueled by a funding boost despite the state’s fiscal crash - allows those who end up back on welfare to keep the cars anyway.

“It’s mind-boggling. You’ve got people out there saying, ‘I just lost my job. Hey, can I get a free car, too?’ ” said House Minority Leader Brad Jones

The Patrick administration decided last month to funnel an additional $30,000 to the nearly $400,000 annual car ownership program.

The program, which is provided by the State Department of Transitional Assistance, gives out about 65 cars a year

The state pays for the car’s insurance, inspection, excise tax, title, registration, repairs and a AAA membership for one year at a total cost of roughly $6,000 per car.

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view/2009_05_07_Free_cars_for_poor_fuel_road_rage/srvc=home&position=also

What a waste of money, I know there is a fine line and there are those that need help, but most I know collect cause they are to lazy to work, so what are they going to do, use the car to go score? And whats next a raise in welfare cause know they need gas money?

red states rule
05-09-2009, 07:20 AM
What a waste of money, I know there is a fine line and there are those that need help, but most I know collect cause they are to lazy to work, so what are they going to do, use the car to go score? And whats next a raise in welfare cause know they need gas money?

This is a classic example of what liberals really do what to accomplish. they want people to stay dependent on government. they want to expect the handout - and expect more and more as time goes by

The last thing any liberal wants is to have people NOT dependent on government. The more handouts libs can give; the more people they can have on a government program - the happier the left is

Jeff
05-09-2009, 07:40 AM
This is a classic example of what liberals really do what to accomplish. they want people to stay dependent on government. they want to expect the handout - and expect more and more as time goes by

The last thing any liberal wants is to have people NOT dependent on government. The more handouts libs can give; the more people they can have on a government program - the happier the left is

This being said, I sure wish they would hand some my way, it seems like the only ones they want to help are the rich and/or the poor, Obama was all about middle income well I haven't seen shit from him

red states rule
05-09-2009, 07:50 AM
This being said, I sure wish they would hand some my way, it seems like the only ones they want to help are the rich and/or the poor, Obama was all about middle income well I haven't seen shit from him

Obama, Reid, and Pelosi will "take care of you" in time Jeff

Budget deal could set up health care plan
Maneuver would circumvent Republican filibuster

snip

The deal currently on the table foresees the expiration of Mr. Obama's signature "Make Work Pay" tax cut after 2010. The Obama tax cut reduced income taxes by $400 a year for most workers, the Associated Press reported.

The budget also is expected to end former President George W. Bush's tax cuts for middle-class and wealthy Americans, though Mr. Obama's proposals to make the rich pay more by eliminating income tax deductions for charitable gifts and mortgage interest reportedly were nixed.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/apr/25/budget-deal-could-set-up-health-care-plan/