PDA

View Full Version : Why do we hate each other now?

emmett
05-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Remember when people of dissenting opinions in social and political cultures agreed that pretty much everyone was out to accomplish the same objective. You remember don't you? Liberty, Opportunity and a piece of the American pie. What really happened?

I know what the spin is. I know the biused opinions but what really happened? Anybody want to try it?

PostmodernProphet
05-13-2009, 04:32 PM
I would say the problem is that the two sides have become CLOSER to each other....thus increasing competition for the folks in the middle.....

Kathianne
05-13-2009, 05:10 PM
I'd say there are sizable groups that think government is necessary to not only level the playing field, but give boosts to those not succeeding. On the other side there are those that believe in equality of opportunity, but that is where government interference should end.

Same regarding business and government involvement. I get angry today that Hoover didn't act in '30 rather than '31. Well that and his stupid orders to MacArthur regarding the Bonus Army.

April15
05-13-2009, 05:49 PM
Remember when people of dissenting opinions in social and political cultures agreed that pretty much everyone was out to accomplish the same objective. You remember don't you? Liberty, Opportunity and a piece of the American pie. What really happened?

I know what the spin is. I know the biused opinions but what really happened? Anybody want to try it?Somewhere opportunity eliminated American pie and stole liberties money.
In my life opportunity was bought up by the rich and well connected. Hard work and knowing all the answers was not your ticket to success, at least for me. I started my own business without any bank support and got fairly sizable, two crews working full time.
Then it all started to go flat. I could not figure out what was going on or what I was doing wrong. Turns out some guy wanted my customers and gave them very low prices. Less than I could get materials and dispose of removals.
I can't blame the contractors I worked with for years going over to the other guy. He put several of my friends just about out of business just like me. Needless to say the guy had lots of money but knowledge of the trades. He will not hire any of us and has screwed the contractors good but since we are so small, just me and same for my friends we are unable to do the work of foundations etc.
Everybody is unhappy but can not change the situation.

Kathianne
05-13-2009, 06:04 PM
Somewhere opportunity eliminated American pie and stole liberties money.
In my life opportunity was bought up by the rich and well connected. Hard work and knowing all the answers was not your ticket to success, at least for me. I started my own business without any bank support and got fairly sizable, two crews working full time.
Then it all started to go flat. I could not figure out what was going on or what I was doing wrong. Turns out some guy wanted my customers and gave them very low prices. Less than I could get materials and dispose of removals.
I can't blame the contractors I worked with for years going over to the other guy. He put several of my friends just about out of business just like me. Needless to say the guy had lots of money but knowledge of the trades. He will not hire any of us and has screwed the contractors good but since we are so small, just me and same for my friends we are unable to do the work of foundations etc.
Everybody is unhappy but can not change the situation.

YOU screwed up, you couldn't and wouldn't adjust to the realities of the market. How many years have you been moaning? When your hopes for a savior now don't pan out, what are we to hear?

glockmail
05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
I would say the problem is that the two sides have become CLOSER to each other....thus increasing competition for the folks in the middle.....
I completely disagree. On one side we have liberals who are actively taking away our liberty, and on the other we have conservatives trying to keep what we have left. Society punishes people by taking away liberty, and since I don't deserve to be punished, I resent it.

mundame
05-13-2009, 07:32 PM
I think it all got turned into sour class warfare.

Noir
05-13-2009, 07:35 PM
As an outsider I am amazed but just how split y'all seem to be, maybes it's just all to do with Internet persona and being behind a mask ect ect but there are some people on this site who hate reps, and others that hate dems, which is really quite weird in my view, like some of you guys were really pissed when Bush got inta power, others still are pissed to see obama leading the nation. But over here, for example, I know the party that I would rather lead the UK, but if they don't get the majority, fair enough. Not so in America.

hjmick
05-13-2009, 07:36 PM
I don't hate anyone.

glockmail
05-13-2009, 07:57 PM
As an outsider I am amazed but just how split y'all seem to be, maybes it's just all to do with Internet persona and being behind a mask ect ect but there are some people on this site who hate reps, and others that hate dems, which is really quite weird in my view, like some of you guys were really pissed when Bush got inta power, others still are pissed to see obama leading the nation. But over here, for example, I know the party that I would rather lead the UK, but if they don't get the majority, fair enough. Not so in America.It's been part of US history for a long time, since the colonial days. R's and D's fought each other in the Civil War. More recently though its due to the Clintons, who had an active policy of destroying anyone personally who got in their way. Other Democrats stepped this up a notch with their treatment of George W Bush, all the more because he won with two narrow victories. Liberals in generally tend to be emotional creatures so hate just bleeds out of them.

Silver
05-13-2009, 08:04 PM
I only hate hypocrites......enough said

April15
05-13-2009, 08:04 PM
YOU screwed up, you couldn't and wouldn't adjust to the realities of the market. How many years have you been moaning? When your hopes for a savior now don't pan out, what are we to hear?WTF are you talking about?
There is no savior! All I can do is keep on working.

April15
05-13-2009, 08:06 PM
It's been part of US history for a long time, since the colonial days. R's and D's fought each other in the Civil War. More recently though its due to the Clintons, who had an active policy of destroying anyone personally who got in their way. Other Democrats stepped this up a notch with their treatment of George W Bush, all the more because he won with two narrow victories. Liberals in generally tend to be emotional creatures so hate just bleeds out of them.One election is still not legally finalized! Your crap about the clintons is just that!
The colonists were whigs and torres.

April15
05-13-2009, 08:18 PM

I know what the spin is. I know the biused opinions but what really happened? Anybody want to try it?Perhaps the internet and the rapid exchange of ideas with people you would otherwise never have a conversation with has put the examples of our biased beliefs in a viable perspective. Also the one eyed monster has played a big part in segregating the people of the nation.

Silver
05-13-2009, 08:18 PM
WTF are you talking about?
There is no savior! All I can do is keep on working.

You keep voting stupid, you be working the rest of your life....

April15
05-13-2009, 08:20 PM
You keep voting stupid, you be working the rest of your life....I will be working till I die, thank you Mr. Bush. That was a stupid vote!

Jeff
05-13-2009, 08:55 PM
I will be working till I die, thank you Mr. Bush. That was a stupid vote!

Obama was a smart one? Hell he is the one I blame , GW is gone , it falls in Obama's lap now.

As for hating the opposite side, I don't , I try to learn from the other side, more than not though I am met with hatred cause people are more interested in there party ( wining) than they are there country.

It goes all the way back to when ya were a kid everyone has to win, my 6 and 7 year old's play baseball and there coach is worried about them wining, I have heard very intelligent people say there is nothing but winners, if we worked together as a society and didn't hate so much maybe we could get something accomplished

April15
05-13-2009, 08:58 PM
It goes all the way back to when ya were a kid everyone has to win, my 6 and 7 year old's play baseball and there coach is worried about them wining, I have heard very intelligent people say there is nothing but winners, if we worked together as a society and didn't hate so much maybe we could get something accomplishedYer on to something here!

Noir
05-14-2009, 05:56 AM
It's been part of US history for a long time, since the colonial days. R's and D's fought each other in the Civil War. More recently though its due to the Clintons, who had an active policy of destroying anyone personally who got in their way. Other Democrats stepped this up a notch with their treatment of George W Bush, all the more because he won with two narrow victories. Liberals in generally tend to be emotional creatures so hate just bleeds out of them.

You suggest it is a liberal fault by saying 'hate bleeds out of them' but it also bleeds out of conservitives, the difference is cons with say that their hate comes from a love of their country, as will the libs, thus the endless cycle of pots and kettles continues, which certain interest groups, like CNN, Fox ect love to fuel and profit from.

glockmail
05-14-2009, 08:26 AM
You suggest it is a liberal fault by saying 'hate bleeds out of them' but it also bleeds out of conservitives, the difference is cons with say that their hate comes from a love of their country, as will the libs, thus the endless cycle of pots and kettles continues, which certain interest groups, like CNN, Fox ect love to fuel and profit from. Their hatred stems from their lust for power over others and "bleeds out of them" since they are emotional creatures and can't help to express their feelings. My hatred is from liberals usurping my freedoms, and boils below the surface.

Noir
05-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Their hatred stems from their lust for power over others and "bleeds out of them" since they are emotional creatures and can't help to express their feelings. My hatred is from liberals usurping my freedoms, and boils below the surface.

Pot pot pot pot pot... you could not of proven the theory of my post any more if you'd tried, the real question is if you can see it or not. I assume not. Enjoy yer pots.

Insein
05-14-2009, 10:15 AM
The problem stems from leaders wanting to control the masses. Its alot easier to control 2 groups that oppose each other than to have to control one group that opposes you. Politicians use the divide and conquer tactics to make everyone hate each other. Using Race, class, economics, ethics, etc to divide the populus into groups and then fueling that hatred so that people keep their eyes off the government and onto each other.

Take the Tea Parties for example. A group of individuals that were fed up with the out of control spending the government was doing decided to make their conerns known through protest. Through a coordinated effort by the media and government officials, these protestors were labeled as racists and hate mongers to rile up those that would oppose them. Thus the issue about government spending was deflected and it became about racism.

MtnBiker
05-14-2009, 10:45 AM

I know what the spin is. I know the biused opinions but what really happened? Anybody want to try it?

Do you believe that everyone is still out to accomplish the same objective? I see the continued growth of the Federal Government as an encroachment on our liberties.

glockmail
05-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Pot pot pot pot pot... you could not of proven the theory of my post any more if you'd tried, the real question is if you can see it or not. I assume not. Enjoy yer pots. How ironic, since we are in about 75% agreement. :slap:

Noir
05-14-2009, 12:08 PM
How ironic, since we are in about 75% agreement. :slap:

Exactly, but it's the other 25% is the key, which I have been trying to point out,

red states rule
05-14-2009, 01:33 PM
The biggest reason for the hayte is the lefts neverending desire for power, and there normal reaction to destory anyone who stands in their way

Look at Ms CA. She gave a simple answer to a direct question, and look at the left assualt on her

Look at how the left still wants to throw Pres Bush and VP Cheney in jail for doing what they did to keep the country safe

Even though the left in is total control of the Federal government, they still are angry. They still want to harass Pres Bush, VP Cheney, and those whop worked in the administration. They still lash out at anyone who has a different POV. Ms CA, and the people who attend the Tea Parties

Even though the Obama polices have shown zero success. the Dem are holding heraings on "torture" (while failing to call Speaker Pelosi as a witness) and wasting more time trying to attack the previous administration

April15
05-14-2009, 04:46 PM
The biggest reason for the hayte is the lefts neverending desire for power, and there normal reaction to destory anyone who stands in their way

Look at Ms CA. She gave a simple answer to a direct question, and look at the left assualt on her

Look at how the left still wants to throw Pres Bush and VP Cheney in jail for doing what they did to keep the country safe

Even though the left in is total control of the Federal government, they still are angry. They still want to harass Pres Bush, VP Cheney, and those whop worked in the administration. They still lash out at anyone who has a different POV. Ms CA, and the people who attend the Tea Parties

Even though the Obama polices have shown zero success. the Dem are holding heraings on "torture" (while failing to call Speaker Pelosi as a witness) and wasting more time trying to attack the previous administration

The blind rage you have is reason enough to know reason is beyond your capacity.

red states rule
05-14-2009, 04:48 PM
The blind rage you have is reason enough to know reason is beyond your capacity.

Where is my rage? I am pointing out what the left has said and done. Or is that considered hate speech in your book?

Another example of the left's hate is what they write when a conservctive dies. Example Tony Snow

Need I go back and post what the left said about the man after he lost his fight with cancer?

emmett
05-14-2009, 04:53 PM
I have to say that was miserable to see MSNBC's coverage of that man's life. Shameful.

red states rule
05-14-2009, 04:55 PM
I have to say that was miserable to see MSNBC's coverage of that man's life. Shameful.

The left is always ready to show their tolerance Emmett. Read what the Daily Kos and their posters said abot Tony Snow on the day he died

Yet the left paints the right as hate filled people

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/7/12/9943/75678/728/550496

emmett
05-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Tony Snow spilled more decency on the table than most will ever acquire. He would have made a damn fine president if you ask me. Very fair minded, tolerant, intelligent and even keeled. Just a damn good Joe! Not to mention one of the best news men who ever lived. A closet Libertarian you know?

red states rule
05-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Tony Snow spilled more decency on the table than most will ever acquire. He would have made a damn fine president if you ask me. Very fair minded, tolerant, intelligent and even keeled. Just a damn good Joe! Not to mention one of the best news men who ever lived. A closet Libertarian you know?

Tony Snow was a fine man who spoke his mind. He was hated by the left because he openly talked about his conservatism and how liberalism was a failure

When Tony was made WH Press Sec the left howled. Despite the fact of the number of libs who went from the Clinton WH (and former Dem staff memebrs) to the networks

Another example of liberal tolerance was when Justice Roberts was taken to the hospital

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1481728

glockmail
05-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Exactly, but it's the other 25% is the key, which I have been trying to point out, I don't hate you Noir. You're in the UK and haven't swallowed the whole liberal tune. How's that national health care grab ya by the way?

red states rule
05-14-2009, 05:47 PM
I don't hate you Noir. You're in the UK and haven't swallowed the whole liberal tune. How's that national health care grab ya by the way?

Here is an answer to your question Glock

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KI6uyhRcZLY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KI6uyhRcZLY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

glockmail
05-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Here is an answer to your question Glock

... Good spot.

You know that I rarely ask a question unless I know the answer.

red states rule
05-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Good spot.

You know that I rarely ask a question unless I know the answer.

I(t was more for Noir's benefit more then yours. i suspect Noir does not have a clue as how well government run health care is working in his own country

Back to the topic at hand - here is more examples of liberal tolerance

http://michellemalkin.com/archives/images/bushbeheaded.jpg

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/dope.jpg

http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/dusp2.jpg

glockmail
05-14-2009, 06:42 PM
http://michellemalkin.cachefly.net/michellemalkin.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/dope.jpg

Imagine the fury from the Left if that sign said Obama instead of Bush.

red states rule
05-14-2009, 06:43 PM
Imagine the fury from the Left if that sign said Obama instead of Bush.

Remember the outrage over the bogus story about the crowd yelling "Kill him" (meaning Obama) at McCain rallies?

Or when anyone used Obama's middle name?

The double standards of the left is indeed amazing

mundame
05-14-2009, 08:10 PM

He did seem an awfully nice man. That Gibbs guy that Obama has has a sour disposition, I think; I don't care for him.

red states rule
05-14-2009, 08:17 PM
He did seem an awfully nice man. That Gibbs guy that Obama has has a sour disposition, I think; I don't care for him.

Tony was a good man

When Ted Kennedy was diagnosed with brain cancer did conservatives wish him death?

One poster at Daily Kos hoped Tony Snow was "being waterboarded in hell."

Enough said