PDA

View Full Version : Ya gotta love it...

Silver
05-13-2009, 08:14 PM
Smokers, drinkers to carry tax burden?

If you make big bucks — or enjoy alcohol, cigarettes and Coke — the government
might hit you up to pay for fixing the nation’s health care system.

On Tuesday, the Senate Finance Committee peeked into vending machines and liquor stores, company payrolls and health savings accounts, looking for a mix of tax increases and spending cuts as a way to pay for a health overhaul — which could cost more than $1.5 trillion over 10 years.

darin
05-13-2009, 08:54 PM
I hate what our govt is becoming. Shortly it'll become the duty of patriots to abolish the current gov't and establish something Good and Just.

emmett
05-13-2009, 10:10 PM
I hate what our govt is becoming. Shortly it'll become the duty of patriots to abolish the current gov't and establish something Good and Just.

It is already the duty od our citizens abolish an unjust government. All we need to do now is draw a line in the sand to represent how much it is we are willing to take. That is the hard part!

Kathianne
05-13-2009, 10:24 PM
It is already the duty od our citizens abolish an unjust government. All we need to do now is draw a line in the sand to represent how much it is we are willing to take. That is the hard part!

Cream, where's the tax on cream and butter? Time. Oh and also gravy, do you use water, milk, or cream? Tax.

emmett
05-13-2009, 10:31 PM
I see.

Kathianne
05-14-2009, 05:53 AM
I see.

That is what's about to happen. Anything that 'is wrong' is gonna be taxed. Who's to say what's 'wrong'? The government.

Jeff
05-14-2009, 07:35 AM
That is what's about to happen. Anything that 'is wrong' is gonna be taxed. Who's to say what's 'wrong'? The government.

It is not only going to be what is deemed wrong , the shame of it is is that Government is deciding how we are going to pay for there reckless spending, when he taxed cigarettes I asked many what if, and the answer was either ignore my question or I don't smoke and you don't have to, lol I tried to warn y'all

Insein
05-14-2009, 09:04 AM
It is not only going to be what is deemed wrong , the shame of it is is that Government is deciding how we are going to pay for there reckless spending, when he taxed cigarettes I asked many what if, and the answer was either ignore my question or I don't smoke and you don't have to, lol I tried to warn y'all

Exactly. Been saying that about laws for years as well. "Oh well, that doesn't directly effect me so I don't care." Wait till it does effect you and then it will be too late. Love how selfish and ignorant people are sometimes. :rolleyes:

MtnBiker
05-14-2009, 09:09 AM
And when people go to Tea Parties it is not because they are pissed off about things like this, it is because they are racists. :rolleyes: