PDA

View Full Version : No gay gene found

-Cp
05-14-2009, 04:21 AM
Gee.. what a shock...

A publication from the American Psychological Association includes an admission that there is no "gay" gene, according to a doctor who has written about the issue on the website of National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality.

A. Dean Byrd, the past president of NARTH, confirmed that the statement from the American Psychological Association came in a brochure that updates what the APA has advocated for years.

Specifically, in a brochure that first came out about 1998, the APA stated: "There is considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality."

However, in the update: a brochure now called, "Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality," the APA's position changed.

The new statement says:

"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles. ..."

Read the rest at:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97940

Missileman
05-14-2009, 06:01 AM
Gee.. what a shock...

A publication from the American Psychological Association includes an admission that there is no "gay" gene, according to a doctor who has written about the issue on the website of National Association for Research & Therapy of Homosexuality.

A. Dean Byrd, the past president of NARTH, confirmed that the statement from the American Psychological Association came in a brochure that updates what the APA has advocated for years.

Specifically, in a brochure that first came out about 1998, the APA stated: "There is considerable recent evidence to suggest that biology, including genetic or inborn hormonal factors, play a significant role in a person's sexuality."

However, in the update: a brochure now called, "Answers to Your Questions for a Better Understanding of Sexual Orientation & Homosexuality," the APA's position changed.

The new statement says:

"There is no consensus among scientists about the exact reasons that an individual develops a heterosexual, bisexual, gay or lesbian orientation. Although much research has examined the possible genetic, hormonal, developmental, social, and cultural influences on sexual orientation, no findings have emerged that permit scientists to conclude that sexual orientation is determined by any particular factor or factors. Many think that nature and nurture both play complex roles. ..."

Read the rest at:

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=97940

They still don't know...gee, what a shock.

Noir
05-14-2009, 06:08 AM
"Nature and Nurture both play complex rolls"

That is not to say there is no gay gene, not by a long way.

I do believe there is said gene, because there are folk who you just know are gay from a young age, obviously it's easiest to see in guys. but there were friends of mine in school and stuff that everyone knew was gay years ago.

glockmail
05-14-2009, 08:30 AM
To the "some are born gay" advocates: How do you differentiate between those who are supposedly born gay and those who obviously turned gay?

April15
05-14-2009, 04:49 PM
The nature of this mans future, A. Dean Byrd, the past president of NARTH, demands he negate any gene talk or facts. To admit there were would put him out of business.

emmett
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
The only gay genes(jeans) I've seen are the ones they sell at the malls nowdays.

-Cp
05-15-2009, 04:01 AM
the only gay genes(jeans) i've seen are the ones they sell at the malls nowdays.

lmao!!!!!!!!!!

crin63
05-15-2009, 09:20 AM
The only gay genes(jeans) I've seen are the ones they sell at the malls nowdays.

Now that really made me laugh out loud.

n0spam4me
05-16-2009, 02:09 PM
Really now, if two women or two men want to live together?
or?

Whatever, the CONTRACT between the state and couples should rightly be called CIVIL UNION and if anyone wants to use the word "marriage" so be it but the CONTRACT between the couple and the state should be NON-Discriminating and fair to all!

Just think, if you do RELIGION the way that the state likes,
You get a big fat juicy TAX EXEMPTION,
and if you do NOT do RELGION the way that the state likes,
You get NOTHING!

Can U dig it?