PDA

View Full Version : Obama lies continue...

jimnyc
05-14-2009, 08:55 AM
He was going to end the war in Iraq immediately... He said 95% of Americans would not see any kind of tax increase... And now his promises about prisoners of war and their rights are going down the tubes...

As part of its plans to close Guantanamo Bay, the Obama administration is considering holding some of the detainees indefinitely and without trial on US soil, US media reported Thursday.

President Barack Obama's "administration is weighing plans to detain some terror suspects on US soil -- indefinitely and without trial -- as part of a plan to retool military commission trials that were conducted for prisoners held in Guantanamo Bay," The Wall Street Journal said.

The proposal, which is part of the administration's internal deliberations on how to deal with the prisoners ahead of a planned closure of the controversial US military prison next year, is being shared with some lawmakers, it added.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090514/pl_afp/usattacksguantanamodetention_20090514105450

Insein
05-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Sounds like he finally realized what Bush was dealing with. He'll still blame bush of course for politic's sake but at least he seems to realize there is alot bigger stuff going on then he knew being Junior senator from Illinois.

jimnyc
05-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Sounds like he finally realized what Bush was dealing with. He'll still blame bush of course for politic's sake but at least he seems to realize there is alot bigger stuff going on then he knew being Junior senator from Illinois.

I knew he was lying the minute he made his lame promises. Those who know me personally will recall me stating that things would remain the same regardless of his promises. It doesn't surprise me that Obama lied after hearing his lies about Wright and the UCC - but I'm absolutely shocked that the democrats aren't holding him to the same standards that they did GW. :sarcasm:

MtnBiker
05-14-2009, 09:03 AM
So, his policy has not changed, just the location.

Monkeybone
05-14-2009, 09:39 AM
I was just talking to Nukeman about this. And like Insein said, he made the classic move of promising the sky and exactly what the masses wanted to hear....until he got the whole story right in his lap. Seeing the whole picture can really change your point of view