PDA

View Full Version : Gallup poll - more Americans "Pro-Life"

AFbombloader
05-15-2009, 03:54 PM
More Americans “Pro-Life” Than “Pro-Choice” for First Time
Also, fewer think abortion should be legal “under any circumstances”
by Lydia Saad

PRINCETON, NJ -- A new Gallup Poll, conducted May 7-10, finds 51% of Americans calling themselves "pro-life" on the issue of abortion and 42% "pro-choice." This is the first time a majority of U.S. adults have identified themselves as pro-life since Gallup began asking this question in 1995.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/More-Americans-Pro-Life-Than-Pro-Choice-First-Time.aspx

interesting. I wonder is these results would show the administration that the majority of the country does not want abortions on demand like we seem to be heading for.

AF

April15
05-15-2009, 04:02 PM
Did gallop mention the poll was conducted mostly with bible belt calls? Didn't think so.

red states rule
05-15-2009, 04:06 PM
Did gallop mention the poll was conducted mostly with bible belt calls? Didn't think so.

Tell me April, why do liberals like you care so much about the well being, comfort, and rights of terrorists - but do not give a damn about the life of the unborn?

Silver
05-15-2009, 05:13 PM

Prove it....I'll wait...

PostmodernProphet
05-15-2009, 07:32 PM

I take it then the Bible Belt just added a couple notches?.....

05-15-2009, 07:36 PM

The problem with pro abortion people is they kill replacement population.

April15
05-15-2009, 08:09 PM
The problem with pro abortion people is they kill replacement population.That should make you and yours happy as two pigs in slop!

red states rule
05-15-2009, 08:11 PM
Tell me April, why do liberals like you care so much about the well being, comfort, and rights of terrorists - but do not give a damn about the life of the unborn?

*** *crickets chirping***

05-15-2009, 10:13 PM
That should make you and yours happy as two pigs in slop!

Why is it we have more regard for your children then you do? What a sad world we live in.

Abbey Marie
05-17-2009, 11:38 PM
Awesome results. :clap:

Dare we hope the tide is beginning to turn?

emmett
05-18-2009, 12:05 AM
Awesome results. :clap:

Dare we hope the tide is beginning to turn?

I sure hope so! It would be a welcome sight in an otherwise foggy windshield.

emmett
05-18-2009, 12:08 AM

:link:

Where did you get that information?

Nukeman
05-18-2009, 09:44 AM

I just love the hypocrisy of you and your ilk!!!!!! When gallop post a poll that says EXACTLY waht yo want it is indiputable, however when it is somehting you don't agree with then they are hand picking the people to be questioned and leading the answers.

YOU assholes really can't have it both ways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GW in Ohio
05-18-2009, 12:02 PM
More Americans “Pro-Life” Than “Pro-Choice” for First Time
Also, fewer think abortion should be legal “under any circumstances”
by Lydia Saad

PRINCETON, NJ -- A new Gallup Poll, conducted May 7-10, finds 51% of Americans calling themselves "pro-life" on the issue of abortion and 42% "pro-choice." This is the first time a majority of U.S. adults have identified themselves as pro-life since Gallup began asking this question in 1995.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/118399/More-Americans-Pro-Life-Than-Pro-Choice-First-Time.aspx

interesting. I wonder is these results would show the administration that the majority of the country does not want abortions on demand like we seem to be heading for.

AF

Wow. Maybe this means you wackos will get to overturn Roe v. Wade........:laugh2::lol::dance::lol::laugh2:

Good luck with that.

And then, maybe you can follow that up by putting people in the stocks for adultery.

Then you can work on getting dancing and drinking outlawed..........

Oh....wait.....we already tried outlawing drinking, didn't we?

Kathianne
05-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Actually the Notre Dame kerfuffle brought up just how pro-abortion Obama has been, forever. Most Americans are pro-choice, but not in the way of born alive. Since that is now part of the discussion, they are redefining themselves.

PostmodernProphet
05-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Wow. Maybe this means you wackos will get to overturn Roe v. Wade........:laugh2::lol::dance::lol::laugh2:

Good luck with that.

And then, maybe you can follow that up by putting people in the stocks for adultery.

/examines parallel.....abortions kill children....dancing causes blisters....../rejects parallel......

GW in Ohio
05-18-2009, 01:56 PM
/examines parallel.....abortions kill children....dancing causes blisters....../rejects parallel......

Prophet: I do recognize that you come by your pro-life beliefs honestly (and I appreciate the wit in your answer). But we will never outlaw abortion in this country. The decision of whether to have an abortion or not is a very personal one, and that is why the majority of Americans have resisted a mandated law outlawing abortions.

Women will always choose to have abortions, and if you make abortion illegal, you will force women into the kind of back-alley, clandestine, dangerous abortions that led to the current abortion detente.

red states rule
05-18-2009, 01:59 PM
Prophet: I do recognize that you come by your pro-life beliefs honestly (and I appreciate the wit in your answer). But we will never outlaw abortion in this country. The decision of whether to have an abortion or not is a very personal one, and that is why the majority of Americans have resisted a mandated law outlawing abortions.

Women will always choose to have abortions, and if you make abortion illegal, you will force women into the kind of back-alley, clandestine, dangerous abortions that led to the current abortion detente.

GW then explain why liberals believe Joe Camel and big tobacco are out to kill our babies, but allowing a babies brain to be sucked out of its skull when it's 1/3 of the way out of the birth canal is Constitutional right

GW in Ohio
05-18-2009, 02:15 PM
GW then explain why liberals believe Joe Camel and big tobacco are out to kill our babies, but allowing a babies brain to be sucked out of its skull when it's 1/3 of the way out of the birth canal is Constitutional right

I've never heard anybody say that babies should start smoking cigarettes.

On the other hand, I don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind that the tobacco companies would like to get as many people as possible hooked on cigarettes, including teenagers.

red states rule
05-18-2009, 02:17 PM
I've never heard anybody say that babies should start smoking cigarettes.

On the other hand, I don't think there's any doubt in anyone's mind that the tobacco companies would like to get as many people as possible hooked on cigarettes, including teenagers.

I have seen libs call teenagers babies - but the fact remains libs are ready to put tobacco companies out of business to save the lives of kids - but do not give a second thought to slaughtering them before they are born

Another example of liberal logic GW

MtnBiker
05-18-2009, 02:40 PM
I sure hope so! It would be a welcome sight in an otherwise foggy windshield.

Technology might be helping in forming evolving opinion on abortion. Some states now require an ultrasound before an abortion can be performed. With the advancements in the ultrasound technologies and being able to see distinct formations developing, the idea of aborting is become less preferred.

http://vancouver.babycost.com/uploaded_images/28%20Weeks%203D%20ultrasound%20face%205-731999.jpg
there is nothing wacko about that

Abbey Marie
05-18-2009, 03:21 PM

Good luck with that.

How's about we start with outlawing poor debaters who make extreme, and nonsensical arguments when they don't like the facts?

Abbey Marie
05-18-2009, 03:24 PM

There was a time when most people thought we would never get rid of slavery. But eventually people of conscience and morality won the day, and it was outlawed. There is always good hope that people will see what the right thing is and fight for it. This poll makes me hopeful that we may be starting down that road.

red states rule
05-18-2009, 03:35 PM
There was a time when most people thought we would never get rid of slavery. But eventually people of conscience and morality won the day, and it was outlawed. There is always good hope that people will see what the right thing is and fight for it. This poll makes me hopeful that we may be starting down that road.

Abbey, it is difficult to promote a cultural of life when the left is blaming ills on the existence of life. Human life, that is.

theHawk
05-18-2009, 04:02 PM
Why is it we have more regard for your children then you do? What a sad world we live in.

Didn't you know, bringing a child into this world alive is considered a cruel act these days.

red states rule
05-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Didn't you know, bringing a child into this world alive is considered a cruel act these days.

or according to Obama - it is punishment

glockmail
05-18-2009, 06:12 PM
The problem with pro abortion people is they kill replacement population. At least they're killing their own.

glockmail
05-18-2009, 06:14 PM
How's about we start with outlawing poor debaters who make extreme, and nonsensical arguments when they don't like the facts?
We all can see that you now own him.

05-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Women will always choose to have abortions...

No, they won't.

PostmodernProphet
05-18-2009, 07:34 PM
But we will never outlaw abortion in this country.

/shrugs...we did from 1776 through 1972....

The decision of whether to have an abortion or not is a very personal one

especially for the kid that gets killed....and sooner or later a court of law is going to wake up and realize that....once it happens, abortion is over....

Women will always choose to have abortions

if that were true, we would already be extinct....

, and if you make abortion illegal, you will force women into the kind of back-alley, clandestine, dangerous abortions that led to the current abortion detente.

sorry, that "dangerous, back alley" bullshit is a myth.....more women die today from legal abortions than died in the decade prior to Roe v Wade from illegal abortions....

GW in Ohio
05-19-2009, 01:49 PM
No, they won't.

Excuse me....

Women have always chosen to have abortions, for a variety of reasons, using a variety of methods.

When abortion was illegal, those methods were largely unsafe methods.

red states rule
05-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Excuse me....

Women have always chosen to have abortions, for a variety of reasons, using a variety of methods.

When abortion was illegal, those methods were largely unsafe methods.

I am still amazed how anyone can support the "right" of a women to murder her children

theHawk
05-20-2009, 06:03 PM

And men have chosen to murder people throughout human history. Maybe we should legalize that too. If anyone has a beef with someone and wants to off them, they can do it legally through the government. Have the government provide a safe environment so the killing can happen without any danger to other parties, or to the killer himself.

Are you begining to see how absurd your logic is?

Noir
05-20-2009, 06:45 PM
I have never had to much faith in polls like this, and the proof is in the detail, less than 1000 people asked, how I'd that meant to tell you anything? Nevermind the view of a nation of 350+ million.

red states rule
05-20-2009, 06:50 PM
I have never had to much faith in polls like this, and the proof is in the detail, less than 1000 people asked, how I'd that meant to tell you anything? Nevermind the view of a nation of 350+ million.

Libs said the same thing about the turnout at the Tea Parties - now after the vote in CA yesterday, the left is worried

There may be another change coming, and it is a change the left will not like

Noir
05-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Libs said the same thing about the turnout at the Tea Parties - now after the vote in CA yesterday, the left is worried

There may be another change coming, and it is a change the left will not like

As in a supreme court change or what?

red states rule
05-20-2009, 06:58 PM
As in a supreme court change or what?

Maybe you are not up on current events Noir. Obama's pick will be a liberal taking the place of another liberal

So women will still be able to choose to murder their unborn children

Noir
05-20-2009, 07:06 PM
Maybe you are not up on current events Noir. Obama's pick will be a liberal taking the place of another liberal

So women will still be able to choose to murder their unborn children

I know that, I'm just wondering what change you forsee coming? Surly change can only come from the supreme court as it ensured the right to abortion under the 14th. So what change could take place?

red states rule
05-20-2009, 07:10 PM
I know that, I'm just wondering what change you forsee coming? Surly change can only come from the supreme court as it ensured the right to abortion under the 14th. So what change could take place?

When a big blue state like CA votes down FIVE tax increases - that tells me even libs are tired of paying more in taxes

The left and liberal media mocked the Tea Parties and dismissed them

Right now Obama, Reid, and Pelosi must be thinking about what they will do next since they were ready to taise taxes on nearly everyone to pay for their bigger and more costly government

Noir
05-20-2009, 07:27 PM
When a big blue state like CA votes down FIVE tax increases - that tells me even libs are tired of paying more in taxes

The left and liberal media mocked the Tea Parties and dismissed them

Right now Obama, Reid, and Pelosi must be thinking about what they will do next since they were ready to taise taxes on nearly everyone to pay for their bigger and more costly government

Righto, I got a lil lost as you jumped from womens right to abort to tax policy with no real explaination.

red states rule
05-20-2009, 07:30 PM
Righto, I got a lil lost as you jumped from womens right to abort to tax policy with no real explaination.

Answering your question Noir. Look at your nation as an example. You are taxed till your eyes pop out and yet it is not enough

Perhaps some Brits should hold some tea Parties

Noir
05-20-2009, 07:45 PM
Answering your question Noir. Look at your nation as an example. You are taxed till your eyes pop out and yet it is not enough

Perhaps some Brits should hold some tea Parties

Yeah we are taxed high, however it does pay for all education (least till your 19) NHS care for life, dental care, state pension, social housing ect. Ect.

Would you say that my living standard is less than yours? I would think not.

AFbombloader
05-20-2009, 08:23 PM
Yeah we are taxed high, however it does pay for all education (least till your 19) NHS care for life, dental care, state pension, social housing ect. Ect.

Would you say that my living standard is less than yours? I would think not.

In a nation of how many people? About 69 million? It does not compare to the US, where CA alone has over 36 million.
I have lived in the UK for about 6 years and my oldest son was born in a UK hospital, it was equipped right out of 1950's era US. I couldn't wait to get my wife and son the the Air Force Base and get to the American hospital.

MtnBiker
05-20-2009, 10:34 PM

Gallup is consistent with its polling sample, were the results any less faithfull when the poll results indicated more abortion approval?

red states rule
05-21-2009, 04:48 AM
In a nation of how many people? About 69 million? It does not compare to the US, where CA alone has over 36 million.
I have lived in the UK for about 6 years and my oldest son was born in a UK hospital, it was equipped right out of 1950's era US. I couldn't wait to get my wife and son the the Air Force Base and get to the American hospital.

How is government run health care doing in the UK? I wish this guy was a conservative in Congress

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KI6uyhRcZLY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KI6uyhRcZLY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Noir
05-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Gallup is consistent with its polling sample, were the results any less faithfull when the poll results indicated more abortion approval?

But it asked less than 1000 people, that's what? 20 people per state? How can that give you a representation of anything? I have a problem with the whole system thus it would not matterwhat the results were (I know that may be a bit to much to handle, but I'm not taking a side!)

Noir
05-21-2009, 06:15 AM

I'm not saying it compares, it was rsr that draged British taxes into it for some reason.
Now obviously when a nation is bigger in size and population it is harder for social equality, but that's just an economic fact I guess.

And where about die you live? I can only assume it was quite a few years ago as I've never seen 1950's equipment and our NhS has had countless billions poured into it over the last 10-15 years.

Kathianne
05-21-2009, 06:53 AM
I'm not saying it compares, it was rsr that draged British taxes into it for some reason.
Now obviously when a nation is bigger in size and population it is harder for social equality, but that's just an economic fact I guess.

And where about die you live? I can only assume it was quite a few years ago as I've never seen 1950's equipment and our NhS has had countless billions poured into it over the last 10-15 years.

You think that Britain has more 'social equality' than US? Pray tell...

Noir
05-21-2009, 07:11 AM
You think that Britain has more 'social equality' than US? Pray tell...

It's just comes down to size and economic factors, it's harder for a nation of 350 million to have the same social equality as that of a nation with 1.5 million (for my nation of Northern Ireland) or 65 million (for Britain) but it's just all down to scale, for example, there are some areas in cities in Northern Ireland of poor social equality, Shankill, the falls, Bogside ect. Yet in America you have entire cities of social inequality like New Orleans.

It's just basic logic that re smaller a country the easier it is to mintain social equality. The same is true within bussiness, it's so much harder to be pro-active as a pose to reactive when something goes wrong the bigger you are.

Monkeybone
05-21-2009, 07:26 AM
It's just comes down to size and economic factors, it's harder for a nation of 350 million to have the same social equality as that of a nation with 1.5 million (for my nation of Northern Ireland) or 65 million (for Britain) but it's just all down to scale, for example, there are some areas in cities in Northern Ireland of poor social equality, Shankill, the falls, Bogside ect. Yet in America you have entire cities of social inequality like New Orleans.
It's just basic logic that re smaller a country the easier it is to mintain social equality. The same is true within bussiness, it's so much harder to be pro-active as a pose to reactive when something goes wrong the bigger you are. becasue in America, there is a group (or even sub-culture) that has learned to live off the government teet, since they find it easier than applying themselves and working for that equality. Equality is not owed.

Noir
05-21-2009, 07:38 AM
becasue in America, there is a group (or even sub-culture) that has learned to live off the government teet, since they find it easier than applying themselves and working for that equality. Equality is not owed.

Indeed I agree, and the same is happening in the UK but obviously on auch smaller scale (I believe they are refered to as the 'underclass') so the differnce in social equality is brought about by scale, as I had previously said.

AFbombloader
05-21-2009, 08:33 AM

We lived in the UK from Nov 92 to Jan 97. My son was born in the Horton Hospital in Banbury in Apr 93. I was stationed at RAF Upper Heyford and the base was in the process of closing. We lived in Brackley and it was the closest hospital. The hospital on base did not have a birthing unit any more so we had to go on the economy. The facilities and the equipment in that hospital was right out of 1950's America, or at least it looked like it. I am not disparaging the treatment we received, it was excellent.