PDA

View Full Version : Are Pelosi's motives in lying, more important than the lies themselves?

Little-Acorn
05-15-2009, 04:26 PM
It is clear that Nancy Pelosi was briefed in 2002 on the waterboarding and other techniques being used at the time... and she raised no objections. Only much later, did she begin lambasting President Bush over everything from the Surge to the prisoners at Gitmo... and waterboarding.

It is equally clear that, while she had no problem with the terrorists who planned the 9/11 attacks being waterboarded, she later decided to pretend outrage over that same waterboarding... when she needed to use it as a tool to destroy President Bush.

Here we have the Speaker of the House, leader of the House and third in line for the Presidency, ignoring the importance of serious and careful planning of the war against terrorists, and flip-flopping over it randomly, using it simply for the purpose of destroying her political opponents and furthering her own political agenda in Washington DC.

Is this the Democrat "leadership" the American people deserve, as our enemies who declared war on us continue to plot and attack us all over the world?

Pelosi's behavior, carried on year after year now, is beyond shocking, verging on disgraceful. She clearly considers her personal fight against Republicans in her own country, far more important than the fight against terrorists who killed three thousand civilians in New York and elsewhere. And she apparently has no problem bending and twisting her party's efforts into a vendetta against anyone who object, going so far as to accuse the entire CIA of lying and misleading her when her machinations are brought to light.

What benefits, exactly, are the American people reaping from having this woman in such a responsible position in the American government? Is there any chance she will stop attacking and tearing down our own people, long enough to notice that the country is in severe trouble on many fronts and needs leadership from SOMEONE in Congress?

Gunny
05-15-2009, 04:35 PM
It is clear that Nancy Pelosi was briefed in 2002 on the waterboarding and other techniques being used at the time... and she raised no objections. Only much later, did she begin lambasting President Bush over everything from the Surge to the prisoners at Gitmo... and waterboarding.

It is equally clear that, while she had no problem with the terrorists who planned the 9/11 attacks being waterboarded, she later decided to pretend outrage over that same waterboarding... when she needed to use it as a tool to destroy President Bush.

Here we have the Speaker of the House, leader of the House and third in line for the Presidency, ignoring the importance of serious and careful planning of the war against terrorists, and flip-flopping over it randomly, using it simply for the purpose of destroying her political opponents and furthering her own political agenda in Washington DC.

Is this the Democrat "leadership" the American people deserve, as our enemies who declared war on us continue to plot and attack us all over the world?

Pelosi's behavior, carried on year after year now, is beyond shocking, verging on disgraceful. She clearly considers her personal fight against Republicans in her own country, far more important than the fight against terrorists who killed three thousand civilians in New York and elsewhere. And she apparently has no problem bending and twisting her party's efforts into a vendetta against anyone who object, going so far as to accuse the entire CIA of lying and misleading her when her machinations are brought to light.

What benefits, exactly, are the American people reaping from having this woman in such a responsible position in the American government? Is there any chance she will stop attacking and tearing down our own people, long enough to notice that the country is in severe trouble on many fronts and needs leadership from SOMEONE in Congress?

Remember all the "Bush lied ... " threads from the left because he used info from the CIA as the basis to invade Iraq. To the left, the CIA's word on the matter was unimpeachable.

Looks like the left has had a change of heart recently.:cool:

Little-Acorn
05-15-2009, 04:47 PM
If terrorists attack this country again and kill a few thousand more of us, will Nancy Pelosi call another press conference, to apologize to us for sniping at Republicans and trashing government agencies instead of helping to defend the United States of America?

April15
05-15-2009, 05:52 PM
It is clear that Nancy Pelosi was briefed in 2002 on the waterboarding and other techniques being used at the time..
What makes it clear? Do you have a link that you're not sharing that gives clairvoyence to what was said and by whom? Who was the head of CIA at the time?
This is not clear at all.

Little-Acorn
05-15-2009, 06:00 PM
Do you have a link that you're not sharing that gives clairvoyence to what was said and by whom?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gunny
05-15-2009, 07:12 PM
If terrorists attack this country again and kill a few thousand more of us, will Nancy Pelosi call another press conference, to apologize to us for sniping at Republicans and trashing government agencies instead of helping to defend the United States of America?

I don't count on Pelosi to do anything but play jack-in-the-box kiss-ass at an Obama SOTU Address. I WAS impressed with that. Not only did she get a shitty glare from Biden, but I was envious of her squatting ability. She must have totaled over 3000 lbs in one speech alone.:laugh2:

Gunny
05-15-2009, 07:18 PM
It is clear that Nancy Pelosi was briefed in 2002 on the waterboarding and other techniques being used at the time..
What makes it clear? Do you have a link that you're not sharing that gives clairvoyence to what was said and by whom? Who was the head of CIA at the time?
This is not clear at all.

You of course have a link to exactly what Bush was briefed on in regards to Iraq?

Gosh, if I was ever captured and made a POW I could only hope I just got waterboarded.:rolleyes:

I'd hate to think I'd have my head sawed off on youtube.:eek: You just figure the odds on THAT happening.

One man's torture is another man's "enhanced techniques." Just depends on which side of the aisle you're slinging shit from. I've noticed as of late the left will sling ANY shit they can, to include re-living the Bush administration just to obfuscate from "His Omamness's fuckups.

Bush isn't President. I WANT the left to set the precedent of trying a former U S President. When it comes back around I can listen to y'all whine your fucking asses off.

emmett
05-15-2009, 07:33 PM
I'll be damned. Gunny! What's up man? You over here terrorizing our liberals? LOL

red states rule
05-15-2009, 08:08 PM
http://www.strangepolitics.com/images/content/150599

April15
05-15-2009, 08:08 PM
You of course have a link to exactly what Bush was briefed on in regards to Iraq?

Gosh, if I was ever captured and made a POW I could only hope I just got waterboarded.:rolleyes:

I'd hate to think I'd have my head sawed off on youtube.:eek: You just figure the odds on THAT happening.

One man's torture is another man's "enhanced techniques." Just depends on which side of the aisle you're slinging shit from. I've noticed as of late the left will sling ANY shit they can, to include re-living the Bush administration just to obfuscate from "His Omamness's fuckups.

Bush isn't President. I WANT the left to set the precedent of trying a former U S President. When it comes back around I can listen to y'all whine your fucking asses off.I have the information but am not able to disclose at this time the nature of the information
Bushco is not in power, than goodness, any more but his lowering of American standards is almost as bad as beheading the nation. That Cheney is claiming the nation to be less secure than with his PNAC in power is just short of drunken blather.
What we do know is while Bushco was over in Iraq the terrorists, Taliban, and Osama bin forgotten were busy in a place called Afghanistan. That is right?!, the place where we started war in the ME. Fancy that?
Bush had his chance and failed. We will see if Barrack does the same.

red states rule
05-15-2009, 08:10 PM
I have the information but am not able to disclose at this time the nature of the information
Bushco is not in power, than goodness, any more but his lowering of American standards is almost as bad as beheading the nation. That Cheney is claiming the nation to be less secure than with his PNAC in power is just short of drunken blather.
What we do know is while Bushco was over in Iraq the terrorists, Taliban, and Osama bin forgotten were busy in a place called Afghanistan. That is right?!, the place where we started war in the ME. Fancy that?

So April you expect us to believe the CIA gives briefings on things they are NOT doing?

Are you such a hack you can't see the obvious - Pelosi is lying to keep the kook base happy. If they found out she knew terrorists were being waterboarded and did nothing to stop it, they would turn on her

The briefings were released and her NAME was listed as PRESENT

Gunny
05-16-2009, 10:34 AM
I'll be damned. Gunny! What's up man? You over here terrorizing our liberals? LOL

Me? I would never ... EVER .... :)

Gunny
05-16-2009, 10:38 AM
I have the information but am not able to disclose at this time the nature of the information

What we DO know is that there has not been a terrorist attack on US soil since 9/11. What YOU "know" is nothing but partisan conjecture.

And dude, if "I do know but an not able to disclose the information at this time" is all you got, come back when you can. Otherwise, your opinion is not supported by fact.

Gunny
05-16-2009, 10:40 AM
So April you expect us to believe the CIA gives briefings on things they are NOT doing?

Are you such a hack you can't see the obvious - Pelosi is lying to keep the kook base happy. If they found out she knew terrorists were being waterboarded and did nothing to stop it, they would turn on her

The briefings were released and her NAME was listed as PRESENT

Pelosi is a bandwagon rider. She's all on board with everything unless it starts heading South.

The only thing she's ever done on her own that I see besides hook up her huband's business with pork, is conduct her own foreign policy in Syria which the Constitution strictly prohibits.

Little-Acorn
05-18-2009, 10:53 AM
Suppose a Republican had changed his "opinions" 180 degrees, going from acceptance to vigorous condemnation, on a matter directly linked to the safety of our nation? And it was found that he had done so purely for the purpose of using the issue to gain political advantage over someone in the other party? How long would he last?

Particularly if he then announced that he had not flip-flopped at all, but that another agency vital to national security had habitually "lied to and misled" him.... so that he could escape punishment for his acts?

Kathianne
05-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Suppose a Republican had changed his "opinions" 180 degrees, going from acceptance to vigorous condemnation, on a matter directly linked to the safety of our nation? And it was found that he had done so purely for the purpose of using the issue to gain political advantage over someone in the other party? How long would he last?

Particularly if he then announced that he had not flip-flopped at all, but that another agency vital to national security had habitually "lied to and misled" him.... so that he could escape punishment for his acts?

He could have put an immediate end to the problem by executive order, he instead kicked it to the courts, where it may or may not be settled.