PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame President Catches Heat For Obama Invite

Psychoblues
05-16-2009, 12:35 AM
Just how much hate can the reichwingers generate!??!?!?!?!?!???!

More: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j6Yrs9MYliOAhf5vv1pShKraTJSQD986OVL81

What are they afraid of?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:beer::cheers2::beer:

emmett
05-16-2009, 01:08 AM
It is a Catholic school. You do believe in their right to have beliefs of their own don't you? They do not believe in Abortion. They do not believe in tampering with God's creation (stem cell research). It is merely their position that represents their rights which has motivated bishops and followers to object to Obama being there and being given an honarary doctorate.

Do you only believe in these freedoms for liberals such as homosexuals, a cause you seem so determined to protect yet don't believe these people should have their opinion.

What are you so afraid of?

Kathianne
05-16-2009, 01:12 AM
It is a Catholic school. You do believe in their right to have beliefs of their own don't you? They do not believe in Abortion. They do not believe in tampering with God's creation (stem cell research). It is merely their position that represents their rights which has motivated bishops and followers to object to Obama being there and being given an honarary doctorate.

Do you only believe in these freedoms for liberals such as homosexuals, a cause you seem so determined to protect yet don't believe these people should have their opinion.

What are you so afraid of?

Yep, once again ole' psycho got it wrong or maybe he just pretends to? The 'problem' was never the 'invite for commencement' the problem was honoring him, the purveyor of 'born alive bill', with an honorary degree.

emmett
05-16-2009, 01:23 AM
I don't think he is the slightest bit interested in "comprehensive conversation" If he can't insult it, call it a name or repeat it over and over....he's not interested. The point was clearly that there was fallout over the honoring of President Obama with an honorary degree.

There are many split on this issue. That is what makes it a challenging debate for those involved directly. Naturally any liberal is going to simply look at the issue with their adoring brainwashed hazey eyed worship of the messiah being fiorst and foremost. How dare that school or any of it's students, faculty or the church have any dissenting opinion.

mundame
05-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Today on Fox this is running:

Seek 'Common Ground'

Obama urges Notre Dame grads to be open to debate with peers on hot-button issues

What do you all think of this concept?

He said we must stop "demonizing" people who differ on abortion.

I'm in favor of men staying out of women's business on the abortion issue, but everyone knows a lot of people think it's murder of babies, and they get very upset.

On the other hand, I think torture is the worst thing people do in this world, and it caused me to lose faith in this country since May 2004. But many people -- including here -- laugh and giggle and give each other high-fives over people getting to torture prisoners officially.

So I don't see quite how people CAN stop "demonizing" their opponents on such serious issues. And yet, of course, it's all tearing the country apart, that's very obvious. Do you agree with Obama about not demonizing each other no matter how awful the issue? How do we DO that?
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/images/01/misc/progress.gif

Joe Steel
05-17-2009, 07:55 PM
It is a Catholic school. You do believe in their right to have beliefs of their own don't you?

They didn't seem to have any when they invited the divorced Ronald Reagan or the death warrant-signing George Bush to speak.

April15
05-17-2009, 08:14 PM
Truth be told it not his position it is his heritage. I think it is fine and dandy for all this noise as if bush or cheney had been to any california commencment you know there would be major protests. Slaves should not not be held above the master.

05-17-2009, 08:31 PM
I saw protests at Brigham Young University last year when Vice President Cheney spoke at commencement. Ill say to this what I said to that, its freaking commencement. It's not a time for politics. Yeah you might disagree with who he is and what he stands for, but we are talking about the President of the United States here. What college is going to turn down the President? And why should they?

05-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Truth be told it not his position it is his heritage. I think it is fine and dandy for all this noise as if bush or cheney had been to any california commencment you know there would be major protests. Slaves should not not be held above the master.

So what your saying is they arent really protesting abortion, they are protesting man because he's black?

What total nonsense.

Jeff
05-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Today on Fox this is running:

Seek 'Common Ground'

Obama urges Notre Dame grads to be open to debate with peers on hot-button issues

What do you all think of this concept?

He said we must stop "demonizing" people who differ on abortion.

I'm in favor of men staying out of women's business on the abortion issue, but everyone knows a lot of people think it's murder of babies, and they get very upset.

On the other hand, I think torture is the worst thing people do in this world, and it caused me to lose faith in this country since May 2004. But many people -- including here -- laugh and giggle and give each other high-fives over people getting to torture prisoners officially.

So I don't see quite how people CAN stop "demonizing" their opponents on such serious issues. And yet, of course, it's all tearing the country apart, that's very obvious. Do you agree with Obama about not demonizing each other no matter how awful the issue? How do we DO that?
<!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/images/01/misc/progress.gif

Men staying out of woman's business? Not sure if I am understanding ya here, it should be up to the woman only? The Father shouldn't have a say?I know that is the way and it is the woman's body, but maybe if it is her decision solely, if she should decide to keep the baby maybe she ought to forget about child support.

It takes a male and female to make a baby, and as I said I understand the woman has to carry this baby, but if the man is expected to take at least 18 yrs of responsibility than maybe the woman should be responsible also.

If you lay down together you know what the results may be, both parties should be responsible here

April15
05-17-2009, 09:11 PM
So what your saying is they arent really protesting abortion, they are protesting man because he's black?

What total nonsense.Hey it could be!

actsnoblemartin
05-17-2009, 09:18 PM
to be fair the left has plenty of reich wingers too

Just how much hate can the reichwingers generate!??!?!?!?!?!???!

More: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j6Yrs9MYliOAhf5vv1pShKraTJSQD986OVL81

What are they afraid of?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

:beer::cheers2::beer:

05-18-2009, 03:40 PM
Hey it could be!

It's about as likely as monkeys flying out of your ass.

April15
05-18-2009, 06:35 PM
It's about as likely as monkeys flying out of your ass.HEY! You best not be peeking!

Jeff
05-18-2009, 08:07 PM
HEY! You best not be peeking!

April there are Black Catholics, Notre Dame has plenty of black students, this is a no brainier, emmett hit the nail right on the head, how can a church that stands against most of Obama's beliefs honor him?

Trigg
05-19-2009, 05:17 PM
They didn't seem to have any when they invited the divorced Ronald Reagan or the death warrant-signing George Bush to speak.

Were they given an honorary degree? If so than you have a point.

There was NEVER a problem with bambam coming to speak, the problem was with the degree given.