PDA

View Full Version : Personality Tests

chloe
05-16-2009, 05:29 PM
I took this personality test from some system called myers-briggs, and it said Im an INFP. Has anyone else ever taken this test? How accurate do you think personality tests are?

http://www.personalvaluation.com/myersbriggspersonalitytest.shtml

Kathianne
05-16-2009, 06:29 PM
I took this personality test from some system called myers-briggs, and it said Im an INFP. Has anyone else ever taken this test? How accurate do you think personality tests are?

http://www.personalvaluation.com/myersbriggspersonalitytest.shtml

Back in the day, 1980's AT&T set pretty high confidence in them. Pretty accurate for someone's 'behavior', I don't know about personality. Most people answer in the way they 'think they behave.' That doesn't mean what they actually 'think' they'd like to do.

For instance, I know my job required 'team work,' I did so, well. Most of the time thinking, 'why do I have to work with these idiots?' However, I did, so I did, often giving subordinates credit. It's not only how one got ahead, it really did make for a better work environment.

chloe
05-16-2009, 07:28 PM
The Myers briggs personality Test has become the most trusted personality tool available to the public today. The Myers Briggs test has been administered to individuals for over 50 years worldwide in over 20 languages. It is estimated that 2 million of these personality tests are administered every year. A wide array of people take the test ranging from highschool and college students to employees and executives of Fortune 500 companies.

Yeah it does seem to be the one most companies use.

INFP Personality And Strengths

With an inherent proclivity for diplomacy, INFP types will avoid conflict whenever possible. They find no value in determining with whom "right" and "wrong" lay; nor do they have any interest in identifying cause or placing blame.

Potential Weaknesses

INFP personality types avoid conflict primarily because it leads to bad feelings. For those who are predisposed to logic and pragmatism, this behavior can seem nonsensical. Finally, their affinity for perfection often leads INFPs to underperform to their personal standards, leaving them feeling discouraged.

According to myers-briggs my strength is the same as my weakness....kind of odd really. Kathianne, Do you know what your personality type is?

Kathianne
05-16-2009, 07:54 PM
The Myers briggs personality Test has become the most trusted personality tool available to the public today. The Myers Briggs test has been administered to individuals for over 50 years worldwide in over 20 languages. It is estimated that 2 million of these personality tests are administered every year. A wide array of people take the test ranging from highschool and college students to employees and executives of Fortune 500 companies.

Yeah it does seem to be the one most companies use.

INFP Personality And Strengths

With an inherent proclivity for diplomacy, INFP types will avoid conflict whenever possible. They find no value in determining with whom "right" and "wrong" lay; nor do they have any interest in identifying cause or placing blame.

Potential Weaknesses

INFP personality types avoid conflict primarily because it leads to bad feelings. For those who are predisposed to logic and pragmatism, this behavior can seem nonsensical. Finally, their affinity for perfection often leads INFPs to underperform to their personal standards, leaving them feeling discouraged.

According to myers-briggs my strength is the same as my weakness....kind of odd really. Kathianne, Do you know what your personality type is?

I might remember if I look at the acronyms again. The test takes way too long for 'fun.' I remember having to be careful in being 'consistent' in my answers. Like, "are you good at working in teams?" "Do you like being in 'control' of a situation?" Those types of questions.

Kathianne
05-16-2009, 07:56 PM
I think it was ISTP - The Practical Analyst
Maybe it's better at personality than I remember. :laugh2:

ISTP - The Practical Analyst

People with ISTP personality types are intensely analytical. This is due, in part, to their natural attraction to learning how the world around them works. They can disassemble problems and puzzles, reconstructing them in their mind to produce practical solutions. Their penchant for logic and understanding blends seamlessly with an intuitive capacity for reasoning. ISTPs are especially effective when working alone. They are better able to process data, review circumstances, and form pragmatic solutions when they're working independently.

Below, we'll explain how ISTP types are drawn to action and need personal space to reach their potential. You'll also learn how their best traits can potentially sabotage them.

Action And Application

While ISTPs can comfortably participate in theoretical conversations, they see little value in doing so if no action is taken as a result. They are prone to always being busy, as the constant activity invigorates them and gives them satisfaction. If presented with a problem, they will devote themselves to deconstructing the issue in order to analyze it. They have a keen sense of technical details and can understand complex issues quickly. Once they formulate a reasonable plan of action, ISTPs will pursue its implementation with the same fervor as their analysis.

Need For Space

People with the ISTP trait can work well with others for limited amounts of time. However, they are at their best when working alone, independent of the contributions and suggestions of other people. Their need for personal space is significant because it is during this time alone that they are able to think most clearly. ISTP types have an enormous capacity to absorb data, but they need to spend time apart from others in order to sort through that data in a constructive manner. It is the most effective way for them to produce logical solutions based upon reasoned analysis....

chloe
05-16-2009, 07:57 PM
ha ha one time I had to take a personality test for a job I didnt really want, but my ex husband thought it would be a good job for me and pressured me, so I made sure to answer in all the wrong ways...it was fun .

emmett
05-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Emmett's New Age Personality Quiz: (Only three questions)

Are you an asshole?

Do you act like an asshole?

Do you admire people who act like assholes?

chloe
05-17-2009, 06:36 PM
I think it was ISTP - The Practical Analyst
Maybe it's better at personality than I remember. :laugh2:

I can see you as the Practical Analyst, your so calm cool, and collected, plus very intelligent ! My personality type is 1% of the population and the more I read about it the more I sound like a loser that runs away from problems and who lives in some fantasy world in my head....geez !

chloe
05-17-2009, 06:37 PM

Are you an asshole?

Sometimes I act like one....or at least that's what some people tell me........

Kathianne
05-18-2009, 05:47 AM
I can see you as the Practical Analyst, your so calm cool, and collected, plus very intelligent ! My personality type is 1% of the population and the more I read about it the more I sound like a loser that runs away from problems and who lives in some fantasy world in my head....geez !

Oh you should see me in breakdown mode! Trust me, not pretty. ;)

PostmodernProphet
05-18-2009, 05:50 AM

Are you an asshole?

if it is truly an "New Age" test, don't you have to add "Do you channel the spirit of someone who used to be an asshole?"