PDA

View Full Version : Mentally challenged Dem. supporter...whats new

Silver
05-16-2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12373595
Dems red-faced over veteran imposter
Democrats are incensed over how a man duped the party and veterans during the '08 campaign.
By Michael Riley
The Denver Post

WASHINGTON — Rick Strandlof, executive director of the Colorado Veterans Alliance and the man most colleagues knew as Rick Duncan, was front and center during the 2008 political campaigns in Colorado.

He spoke at a Barack Obama veterans rally in front of the Capitol in July, co-hosted several events with then- congressional candidate Jared Polis and attacked Republican Senate candidate Bob Schaffer in a TV ad paid for by the national group Votevets.org.

And the mostly Democratic candidates he supported — looking for credibility on veterans issues and the war — lapped it up appreciatively.

Now, politicians are dealing with news that the man they believed to be a former Marine and war veteran wounded in Iraq by a roadside bomb, in fact, never served in the military — but did spend time in a mental hospital.
--------

Is it any wonder? The last few words explain why he supported Obama and most Democrat candidates and attacked Republicans....

PostmodernProphet
05-16-2009, 10:18 PM
in fact, never served in the military — but did spend time in a mental hospital.

omigorsh, was he a member of this board?.......

hjmick
05-16-2009, 10:35 PM

It wasn't me!

actsnoblemartin
05-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Mentally challenged Dem. supporter...whats new

Mental illness is nothing to make light of

Democrats are incensed over how a man duped the party and veterans during the '08 campaign.
By Michael Riley
The Denver Post

WASHINGTON — Rick Strandlof, executive director of the Colorado Veterans Alliance and the man most colleagues knew as Rick Duncan, was front and center during the 2008 political campaigns in Colorado.

He spoke at a Barack Obama veterans rally in front of the Capitol in July, co-hosted several events with then- congressional candidate Jared Polis and attacked Republican Senate candidate Bob Schaffer in a TV ad paid for by the national group Votevets.org.

And the mostly Democratic candidates he supported — looking for credibility on veterans issues and the war — lapped it up appreciatively.

Now, politicians are dealing with news that the man they believed to be a former Marine and war veteran wounded in Iraq by a roadside bomb, in fact, never served in the military — but did spend time in a mental hospital.
--------

Is it any wonder? The last few words explain why he supported Obama and most Democrat candidates and attacked Republicans....

Jeff
05-16-2009, 11:13 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

VIRGIL

emmett
05-16-2009, 11:14 PM
OK...I admit it, it was me! LOL.

Cool article.

05-17-2009, 08:40 AM
So let me get this straight. Democrats used a mentally ill man to inpersonate a vet to get vet votes and attack Republicans, and somehow Democrats are the victims here?????

emmett
05-17-2009, 10:48 AM
So let me get this straight. Democrats used a mentally ill man to inpersonate a vet to get vet votes and attack Republicans, and somehow Democrats are the victims here?????

Sounds like a typical MSNBC news story to me.

In addition: Look at Barrack Obama for instance. He imitated a qualified presidential candidate yet was just the most liberal US Senator in history. Got elected president by attacking Republicans. In reality, he used his positions in the past to extort money for his wife and her company, establish relationships with well known terrorists and his pastor was (is) a well known Anti-American propagandist.

Look at Pelosi's history. Compare her and say.......Newt.

Or Biden and Dick Cheney.

:laugh2:

April15
05-17-2009, 01:09 PM
By Michael Riley
The Denver Post

--------

This guy sounds a lot like the imposters of the previous administration!

emmett
05-17-2009, 01:30 PM

You would be comparing him to ..........(?) What member of the Republican Party masqueraded himself as a veteran, courted GOP candidates at fundraisers, spoke at a vet's rally, recieved praise from GOP candidates...all after being a patient at a mental hospital?

Maybe you might want to comment on Obama's security to have been duped like this?

I'm just saying.

emmett
05-17-2009, 01:31 PM
You crickets go ahead and start warming up.....I'll need you guys in a few hours.

Kathianne
05-17-2009, 01:36 PM
You crickets go ahead and start warming up.....I'll need you guys in a few hours.

I never cease to be amazed at the depth of April 15's analysis of issues. ;)

REDWHITEBLUE2
05-17-2009, 06:51 PM
I never cease to be amazed at the depth of April 15's analysis of issues. ;)

OR Her STUPIDITY :coffee:

actsnoblemartin
05-17-2009, 09:22 PM
if they knew he was mentally ill, and or lying, that is despicable.

they are certainly NOT the victims here

its called doing your homework dems, try it sometime.

actsnoblemartin
05-17-2009, 09:23 PM

:link: :link: :link:

April15
05-18-2009, 06:41 PM
You would be comparing him to ..........(?) What member of the Republican Party masqueraded himself as a veteran, courted GOP candidates at fundraisers, spoke at a vet's rally, recieved praise from GOP candidates...all after being a patient at a mental hospital?

Maybe you might want to comment on Obama's security to have been duped like this?

I'm just saying.I guess the CIC is not really a military position. So the chicken hawk is not an imposter? All, well most, republicans need to be checked out for sanity.

Obamas security is not my problem.

April15
05-18-2009, 06:42 PM
:link: :link: :link:The link is the monkey boy standing on the deck of aircraft carrier. That was a great impersonation!

glockmail
05-18-2009, 06:45 PM
The link is the monkey boy standing on the deck of aircraft carrier. That was a great impersonation! You racist pig- when was Obama on an aircraft carrier? :slap:

April15
05-18-2009, 06:47 PM
You racist pig- when was Obama on an aircraft carrier? :slap:Figures you would be to stupid.

Silver
05-18-2009, 06:51 PM
We're accustomed to seeing fighter pilots on those aircraft carriers....
fighter pilots...like John McCain and George W. Bush and Daddy G. Bush...

glockmail
05-18-2009, 06:57 PM
Figures you would be to stupid. Delicious irony! :lol: