PDA

View Full Version : iPOD Saves the life of a Soldier

-Cp
04-06-2007, 04:59 PM
Christine and Kevin Garrad with iPod.

Photos sent to me by my friend Danny with this caption:

My wife’s uncle works in a military hospital and told me about this. Its pretty amazing. Kevin Garrad (3rd Infantry Division) was on a street patrol in Iraq (Tikrit I believe) and as he rounded the corner of a building an armed (AK-47) insurgent came from the other side.

The two of them were within just a few feet of each other when they opened fire. The insurgent was killed and Kevin was hit in the left chest where his IPod was in his jacket pocket. It slowed the bullet down enough that it did not completely penetrate his body armor. Fortunately, Kevin suffered no wound.

I thought it was a great story so I posted them here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tiki/445621299/in/pool-appleusers/

Gaffer
04-07-2007, 01:24 AM
Cool. I bet he saves that ipod. I'd be hanging it on my wall. As for walking into each other, been there and done that. It's a real adrenalin pumping experience. Good to know he's ok.

-Cp
04-07-2007, 01:37 AM
I hope Apple offers him a new one!

Abbey Marie
04-07-2007, 09:56 AM

It should come pre-loaded with the song "How to Save a Life" :salute:

Gaffer
04-07-2007, 02:36 PM

Yes not to mention it would be great advertisement for the company.

Sitarro
04-07-2007, 02:47 PM

As much as I love Apple's products for their functionality, originality and the beauty of great design, they are a bunch of liberal idiots that actually made the ultimate idiot a member of their board. I guess they figured that since he invented the internet Algore would be a valuable asset.....I haven't forgiven them for that. I wouldn't doubt that they would be too stupid to recognize the significance of this story.

Gaffer
04-07-2007, 03:08 PM
As much as I love Apple's products for their functionality, originality and the beauty of great design, they are a bunch of liberal idiots that actually made the ultimate idiot a member of their board. I guess they figured that since he invented the internet Algore would be a valuable asset.....I haven't forgiven them for that. I wouldn't doubt that they would be too stupid to recognize the significance of this story.

I don't own anything produced by apple, and with albore on the board I never will. I will have nothing to do with promoting or supporting that man in anyway.