PDA

View Full Version : SUN heats EARTH, EARTH heats ATMOSPHERE – not the other way around.

AFbombloader
05-18-2009, 10:09 PM
SUN heats EARTH, EARTH heats ATMOSPHERE – not the other way around.
The so-called greenhouse effect of the atmosphere is commonly explained as followed: “The heating effect exerted by the atmosphere upon the Earth because certain trace gases in the atmosphere (water vapor, carbon dioxide, etc.) absorb and reemit infrared radiation. […] The component that is radiated downward warms the Earth's surface more than would occur if only the direct sunlight were absorbed. The magnitude of this enhanced warming is the greenhouse effect. Earth's annual mean surface temperature of 15°C is 33°C higher as a result of the greenhouse effect …” [2]

The above definition is the accepted one by climate alarmists and climate realists alike and is the one that is referred to throughout this chapter. That definition is the “settled science” heralded by the UN IPCC. That definition is 100% wrong on all counts. [7]

http://tech-know.eu/uploads/SUN_heats_EARTH.pdf

Very interesting read. Technical but informative. The paste comes from the middle of the article but make the point of the article quite well.

AF.:salute:

PostmodernProphet
05-19-2009, 05:39 AM
but....the problem arises when the atmosphere causes the absorbed heat to reflect back to the earth instead of disappating.....such as happens in a greenhouse, where the glass traps the heat.....hence, "greenhouse effect"....

it isn't that the atmosphere "causes" the heat....it is that it retains it....

AFbombloader
05-19-2009, 06:31 AM
but....the problem arises when the atmosphere causes the absorbed heat to reflect back to the earth instead of disappating.....such as happens in a greenhouse, where the glass traps the heat.....hence, "greenhouse effect"....

it isn't that the atmosphere "causes" the heat....it is that it retains it....

Prophet, did you read the article? This scientist states that the amount of reflected heat is so small it is not the factor that the eco groups say it is, in fact he says the premise is false.

I don't begin to say I know this is fact, but it is another prominent scientist showing that we are not the cause of this. I have always wondered why the sun was never a factor in the global warming and climate change equations. Maybe it was because it was something that couldn't be controlled or taxed???

PostmodernProphet
05-19-2009, 07:03 AM
no, just pointing out that I don't think ANYONE has ever argued that the atmosphere caused the heat, which it looked like your OP was complaining about.....

AFbombloader
05-19-2009, 08:19 AM
no, just pointing out that I don't think ANYONE has ever argued that the atmosphere caused the heat, which it looked like your OP was complaining about.....

Isn't that the whole premise behind CO2 causing climate change? That it being in the atmosphere causes it? Even though it has always been there and is a required component for life on this blue/green orb we call Earth? I thought the whole argument for caping it was because it was causing global warming/climate change.

Monkeybone
05-19-2009, 08:29 AM
I thought it was just the gas/chemicals we pumped into the air trapped by the atmosphere or the hole in was the problem. You know...from the hairspray..

PostmodernProphet
05-19-2009, 10:04 AM
Isn't that the whole premise behind CO2 causing climate change? That it being in the atmosphere causes it?

not causing the heat, no.....

April15
05-19-2009, 05:13 PM
This article is flawed. The initial premise is incorrect.
Green house means that the atmosphere is retaining heat that was released into space in past years. This residual heat is warming water and earth. Reflective energy is the mechanism for heating the atmosphere. UVB and UVA rays are the culprits. This scientist is ignoring these primary generators. His article is great but lacks basis.

AFbombloader
05-19-2009, 05:22 PM
This article is flawed. The initial premise is incorrect.
Green house means that the atmosphere is retaining heat that was released into space in past years. This residual heat is warming water and earth. Reflective energy is the mechanism for heating the atmosphere. UVB and UVA rays are the culprits. This scientist is ignoring these primary generators. His article is great but lacks basis.

I might be more apt to agree with the scientist when he says the whole greenhouse effect is fake and flawed. But I will say again that I do not know and am looking at all the information to make an educated decision, something that the rest of the world seems not to be doing.

Binky
05-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Golly, I had no clue the sun heated the earth. Duh......how utterly ignorant of me. I've often wondered why I'm sweating my butt off while sunbathing. :laugh2:

April15
05-19-2009, 07:22 PM
I might be more apt to agree with the scientist when he says the whole greenhouse effect is fake and flawed. But I will say again that I do not know and am looking at all the information to make an educated decision, something that the rest of the world seems not to be doing.At this time no one has proof positive. The idea is theory and speculation based in science. Well the science needs to be proven. For me I would rather err on the side of it could happen than to be on the it ain't so side.
You are very observant with regards to the screaming meme's. They all protest to much.

05-19-2009, 09:17 PM
At this time no one has proof positive. The idea is theory and speculation based in science. Well the science needs to be proven. For me I would rather err on the side of it could happen than to be on the it ain't so side.
You are very observant with regards to the screaming meme's. They all protest to much.

Funny, how you guys would rather "err" on the side that it could happen when it comes to junk science that supports your previously concieved political position of more federal government control. Yet, you wont do so when it comes to the Lord because it would require you to repent of your sins.

April15
05-19-2009, 10:21 PM
Funny, how you guys would rather "err" on the side that it could happen when it comes to junk science that supports your previously concieved political position of more federal government control. Yet, you wont do so when it comes to the Lord because it would require you to repent of your sins.But to have sins you must be a religious nut. Of course that also means you sin more. I don't have any of the purported sins as I live a pure life. And that is by god squad viewers reports.
And why would a religious person care about the earth? They can rape it and know, ha ha, god is on their side.

PostmodernProphet
05-20-2009, 06:03 AM
But to have sins you must be a religious nut. Of course that also means you sin more. I don't have any of the purported sins as I live a pure life. And that is by god squad viewers reports.
And why would a religious person care about the earth? They can rape it and know, ha ha, god is on their side.

one can care about the earth, yet still realize the approach taken by the eco-freaks is worse than the pollution, since it is a "cure" that causes more damage than problem.....

05-20-2009, 03:55 PM
But to have sins you must be a religious nut. Of course that also means you sin more. I don't have any of the purported sins as I live a pure life. And that is by god squad viewers reports.

So you dont believe it's wrong to pollute the environment?

glockmail
05-20-2009, 06:56 PM
I think a big cause of global warming is all the damn pavement. They say Phoenix AZ gets to 120F, or about 15F hotter than the surrounding desert.

AFbombloader
05-20-2009, 08:30 PM
So you dont believe it's wrong to pollute the environment?

I don't think anyone has said it was right to pollute, but this is talking about something that is not pollution, if you are referring to CO2. I really don't care that the EPA says it is. Mammals have been exhaling for thousands of years, trees and plants turn it into O2. We do need to take care of the environment, but this is the wrong way to go about it. We need to invest in technology. We need to police ourselves. We do not need the government taking over our lives in any other way.

Missileman
05-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Yet, you wont do so when it comes to the Lord because it would require you to repent of your sins.

Let's analyze this ignorant theory of yours...let's develop a list of offenses that are never again committed by a sinner who repents. Besides...one doesn't really need a reason to disbelieve something that doesn't exist. It works exactly the same way as your disbelief in invisible pink rabbits...get it?

PostmodernProphet
05-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Besides...one doesn't really need a reason to disbelieve something that doesn't exist.

doesn't that beg the question?.....since whether God exists or not is unprovable, the choice hinges entirely upon "belief".....you are unable to say he does not exist, until you choose not to believe in him.....this you "disbelieved" BEFORE you concluded you didn't need a reason.....