PDA

View Full Version : So, since the big bank bailout...how is yours treating you?

Mr. P
05-18-2009, 10:55 PM
The ones you have credit cards with in particular.

One MONSTER bank closed my credit card account that I've had for 30 yrs 3 wks after I activated a new card. Why? Due to lack of payments, NOPE. Late payment, NOPE. DUE TO LACK OF USE!!! No it wasn't costing them anything for my account...ZIP really.
It's cost me a $12.5K reduction in my available credit..which may affect my credit score.

What a nice way to treat good customers that always pay the total balance each month, huh?
I'm a bit pissed!

They say I'm welcome to apply for a new card though...FAT DAMN CHANCE OF THAT! MORONS!!!!! And if I can apply for a new card why the hell did ya cancel my current one?

BTW...it's Chase Bank.

Insein
05-18-2009, 11:22 PM
The ones you have credit cards with in particular.

One MONSTER bank closed my credit card account that I've had for 30 yrs 3 wks after I activated a new card. Why? Due to lack of payments, NOPE. Late payment, NOPE. DUE TO LACK OF USE!!! No it wasn't costing them anything for my account...ZIP really.
It's cost me a $12.5K reduction in my available credit..which may affect my credit score.

What a nice way to treat good customers that always pay the total balance each month, huh?
I'm a bit pissed!

They say I'm welcome to apply for a new card though...FAT DAMN CHANCE OF THAT! MORONS!!!!! And if I can apply for a new card why the hell did ya cancel my current one?

BTW...it's Chase Bank.

Ha! They can close mine if they want. IT still has $4500 on it. I'd be most welcome to not have it anymore. Doubt that will happen though.

Mr. P
05-19-2009, 10:25 AM
Ha! They can close mine if they want. IT still has $4500 on it. I'd be most welcome to not have it anymore. Doubt that will happen though.

You're right, they won't close your account. You are a good customer in their eyes, you carry a balance.

They hate folks like me who pay every month.
A friend of mine has a card that is used for business that they also pay the whole bill every month. They just got a letter from thier MONSTER banking that said SURPRISE because yer such a great customer we're decreasing yer $30k credit line 50%.

How nice!

MtnBiker
05-19-2009, 01:00 PM
Yup, I saw a report on this awhile back. Basically banks and credit card companies are trying to reduce their liabilities on their books. So they have targeted cards that have no activity for sometime or reduce credit limits on customers that do not use their limit. Also with propose new legisilation that Obama is pushing will force credit companies to change their practices.

Mr. P
05-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Yup, I saw a report on this awhile back. Basically banks and credit card companies are trying to reduce their liabilities on their books. So they have targeted cards that have no activity for sometime or reduce credit limits on customers that do not use their limit. Also with propose new legisilation that Obama is pushing will force credit companies to change their practices.

I just heard on radio one such thing just passed..don't know the details..

KitchenKitten99
05-19-2009, 06:22 PM
There's a reason I am with a bank that has been in business for over 150 years and hasn't taken government handouts...

April15
05-19-2009, 07:31 PM
I have no credit card debt. The loan company just wants to take the house.

Mr. P
05-19-2009, 08:22 PM
I have no credit card debt. The loan company just wants to take the house.

It's despicable that they would expect repayment of debt ain't it, April? :rolleyes:

April15
05-19-2009, 10:18 PM
It's despicable that they would expect repayment of debt ain't it, April? :rolleyes:Not at all. It is the lack of work that makes the renumeration for the loan hard. I could say it is my fault for being self employed or that I can't run a business but the truth is in the current economic mess every single business is suffering.

Mr. P
05-19-2009, 11:11 PM
Not at all. It is the lack of work that makes the renumeration for the loan hard. I could say it is my fault for being self employed or that I can't run a business but the truth is in the current economic mess every single business is suffering.

I'd say many not all business are suffering. I do know your line, construction, is suffering, and that's for everyone with any connection from top to bottom.