PDA

View Full Version : Jim Webb - No GITMO Terrorists in VA!

red states rule
05-19-2009, 10:32 AM
Doing a complete about face, Senator Jim Webb doesn't want GITMO detainees because he's found out that they really are terrorists.

BTW, Webb got glowing pres coverage when he refused to shake the hand of Pres Bush

You can't make this stuff up. The lunatics are in charge of the asylum and liberals gave them the keys.

Senator Jim Webb doesn't want Guantanamo prisoners brought to U.S.
BY James Gordon Meek
DAILY NEWS WASHINGTON BUREAU

Monday, May 18th 2009, 4:57 AM

WASHINGTON - A key senator Sunday denounced plans to settle a group of Guantanamo Bay inmates in the Virginia suburbs as a video surfaced showing the detainees' cozy ties to Al Qaeda.

"They accepted training from Al Qaeda and as a result they have taken part in terrorism," Sen. Jim Webb (D-Va.) told ABC's "This Week" Sunday. "I don't believe they should come to the United States."

Webb was referring to a half-dozen Gitmo Uyghurs, Muslims from China, who were mostly nabbed fleeing a terror training camp in eastern Afghanistan during the U.S. invasion.

They are now living under minimum confinement at Gitmo because the Bush administration lost court battles and was forced to declare them no longer enemy combatants.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/05/18/2009-05-18_sen_sez_no_gitmo_goons_in_backyard.html

crin63
05-19-2009, 10:57 AM
Intellectually dishonest Liberals? :eek:

Gosh, who'da thunk it

red states rule
05-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Intellectually dishonest Liberals? :eek:

Gosh, who'da thunk it

The hypocrisy of the left since their victory in Nov. has been striking!

I'm waiting for the marches, I'm waiting for the anti war, anti detainee, anti Gitmo crowd at least to do something.

Surely at this point, they know they've been lied to. The silence is deafening.

Not one protest regarding the Presidents Pro War stance! NOT ONE!!!

Again the hypocrisy of the left since their victory in Nov. has been striking.

MtnBiker
05-19-2009, 02:51 PM
Obama could send all of the Gitmo prisoners to Pelosi's district, have a committee hearing on the subject and she won't know about it for 7 years and then claim she was mislead.

red states rule
05-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Obama could send all of the Gitmo prisoners to Pelosi's district, have a committee hearing on the subject and she won't know about it for 7 years and then claim she was mislead.

Send the terrorists to San Francisco?

Now that I WOULD consider torture!

red states rule
05-19-2009, 03:54 PM
It seems Dems have finally realized the inmates at Gitmo are terrorists

Dems must have held 20 or 30 committee hearings for them to determine that

However, I think they are doing this for political reasons, and not because of any sudden lapse in their insanity.