PDA

View Full Version : First Camping Trip

Trigg
05-19-2009, 05:30 PM
We went on our first camping trip of the year. It was cold (high 30's at night) and more than a little wet.

At one point all the kids were in afbombloaders tent and they were screaming that the tent smelled like Kyle's butt. Seems he was farting and it wasn't appreciated at all.

Fortunately the women, including my daughter, were in the camper with the heater going. We were warm, dry and it didn't smell.

The men were outside keeping the fire going and the food cooking while standing under an umbrella.

Sunday was beautiful though and we had a good time in spite of the rain.

MtnBiker
05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Great fun! I love camping, execpt for the butt smell part. :D

jackass
05-20-2009, 04:02 PM
We are going with the Scouts this weekend. Cant wait!

http://www.southcarolinaparks.com/park-finder/state-park/535.aspx

Jeff
05-20-2009, 04:45 PM

JA I use to spend allot of time around Santee, it is a beautiful place, they tell me the restaurant at the park is gone but it was a nice break in the day, If ya get up early enough you will see the deer running threw the park. Are Y'all staying in the cabins at the state park? If ya are looking to go out fishing and need a guide look up Todd Tribble , he is a fishing and hunting guide there and a personnel friend, make sure to tell him I sent you and you are a friend of Jim's I am sure he will take the kids out for little more than gas and bait, have a great trip!

Trigg
05-20-2009, 04:47 PM

The closest boy scout camp around here is completely primitive. No flush toilets, No electricity, No water.

I gotta have electricity and showers............I don't rough it.

Mr. P
05-20-2009, 05:11 PM
The closest boy scout camp around here is completely primitive. No flush toilets, No electricity, No water.

Ya just can't take these women anywhere..Camping for them is the Ritz!

Men UNITE...STOP THIS MADNESS! Just don't take em!!

Nukeman
05-21-2009, 06:36 AM
Ya just can't take these women anywhere..Camping for them is the Ritz!

Men UNITE...STOP THIS MADNESS! Just don't take em!!Sorry P. I would rather snuggle up to Trigg at night than some guy!!!! :coffee:

AFbombloader
05-21-2009, 08:39 AM
It was a good weekend, in spite of the rain and tornado warnings (that we didn't know about until we got home). I am now looking for a pop-up camper, the whole getting soaked while putting a tarp over the tent has to stop.

Nuke's son bought something to place in the fire that changed the colors, here is a cool pic of the results.

Monkeybone
05-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I am now looking for a pop-up camper, the whole getting soaked while putting a tarp over the tent has to stop.
. oh so you wanna stop camping and just haning out with the women? rraaaiiiiiinnnnnnnnn ='(

MtnBiker
05-21-2009, 09:47 AM
It was a good weekend, in spite of the rain and tornado warnings (that we didn't know about until we got home). I am now looking for a pop-up camper, the whole getting soaked while putting a tarp over the tent has to stop.

I bought a pop-up a few years ago. I love having it, it can go many different places and is easy to handle and provides a nice camping experience.

Mr. P
05-21-2009, 11:53 AM
Oh you camping wimps! If ya don't pack it in to a primitive area it AIN'T camping! Get a room! :poke::laugh2:

Trigg
05-21-2009, 02:27 PM
Well a guys camping experience sounds like a good idea. I bet bombloaders wife would agree. We'll just send Nuke's 3 boys and bombloaders 2 camping with them.

Us wimpy girls can stay home with a nice bottle of wine :dance:

Mr. P
05-21-2009, 03:05 PM
Well a guys camping experience sounds like a good idea. I bet bombloaders wife would agree. We'll just send Nuke's 3 boys and bombloaders 2 camping with them.

Us wimpy girls can stay home with a nice bottle of wine :dance:

See there Nuke, just some wine and you can stay warm get that snuggle up and more. Oh, and NO bugs..but watch for the girl cooties!!! :thumb:

jackass
05-25-2009, 07:36 AM
JA I use to spend allot of time around Santee, it is a beautiful place, they tell me the restaurant at the park is gone but it was a nice break in the day, If ya get up early enough you will see the deer running threw the park. Are Y'all staying in the cabins at the state park? If ya are looking to go out fishing and need a guide look up Todd Tribble , he is a fishing and hunting guide there and a personnel friend, make sure to tell him I sent you and you are a friend of Jim's I am sure he will take the kids out for little more than gas and bait, have a great trip!

It is a beautiful place. Yes, the restaurant (so thats what it was..??) is gone. We stayed in tents at a special site for the Scouts. It was supposed to rain all day, but thankfully it didnt start till about 4 am. We had a great time. We even let the kids take a friend along.
I will keep that info for future considerations. I have been thinking about getting a guide for fishing up there. Thanks!

jackass
05-25-2009, 07:37 AM

They had running water and toilets but thats about it.