PDA

View Full Version : Limbaugh resigns as head of the Republican Party

red states rule
05-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Rush has done the right thing and has stepped down as head of the Republican party

Now Gen Powell is the new leader. The "moderate" Republican who will lead the party to smashing wins at the polls :rolleyes:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_052009/content/01125108.Par.89380.ImageFile.jpg

No Mas! El Rushbo Resigns as Titular Head of Republican Party

In the famous words of Roberto Duran, "no mas, no mas," no more, no more. I quit. I resign as the titular head of the Republican Party. There, frankly, is someone far more qualified and capable and more in tune with today's Republican Party than I, to be not only its titular head but its real head, and that would be General Colin Powell. So I now pass the baton to General Powell as the titular head of the Republican Party. From this day forward it will be up to General Powell to instruct the party on things it needs to do to win elections in 2010 and of course the all important presidential election in 2012. From this day forward, anything I say about that objective or those two objectives I do not say as the titular head of the Republican Party. I do not say it as an official advice-giver of the Republican Party. Only that kind of strategy and advice and leadership can come from General Colin Powell. So while I never sought the office, and while I technically was never elected to it, I nevertheless was the titular head of the Republican Party. Since I never sought it, was never appointed, but nevertheless the media said I was, so I am, I no longer am, I'm quitting, I'm outta there, no mas, no mas.

I now today pronounce and proclaim General Colin Powell as the titular head of the Republican Party. From now on out, those of you who want to know what the party should do to win elections, to beat back the onslaught of Obamaism, ask General Powell. Look to his wise counsel, his leadership, and his words of encouragement for the Republican Party. Now, many of you are saying, "Wait a minute, Rush, Colin Powell endorsed Obama and said that Americans want to pay higher taxes in advance of the California vote yesterday," which shows just the opposite. "And didn't you just report, Rush, that yesterday in Boston Colin Powell told 1,500 business leaders and Gisele Bundchen, supermodel, that he's a Republican waiting for his party to emerge?" Yes, I did report all of that. Well, General Powell is the one who knows whatever it is that must emerge for him to be a Republican. The media has all said that he is the most genuine Republican out there, the best Republican that there could be and speaks for many, period. So we sit back patiently and await for whatever he is waiting on to emerge so that then General Powell can lead the Republican Party back to its days of glory, electoral victory, and prominence.

moderate democrat
05-20-2009, 08:53 PM
plagiarist.

When you cut and paste other people's words, you are supposed to give them credit.

Clearly, you did not write this....

for that matter, I have NEVER seen you write anything longer than three sentences.

pathetic loser.

btw...have you tried those new marlboro fatties?

Jeff
05-20-2009, 09:15 PM
plagiarist.

When you cut and paste other people's words, you are supposed to give them credit.

for that matter, I have NEVER seen you write anything longer than three sentences.

pathetic loser.

You are a real peace of trash Virgil, you come here for no other reason that to piss people off, again I must ask does the UCC in Augusta allow this kind of behavior?

Gunny
05-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Rush has done the right thing and has stepped down as head of the Republican party

Now Gen Powell is the new leader. The "moderate" Republican who will lead the party to smashing wins at the polls :rolleyes:

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_052009/content/01125108.Par.89380.ImageFile.jpg

No Mas! El Rushbo Resigns as Titular Head of Republican Party

In the famous words of Roberto Duran, "no mas, no mas," no more, no more. I quit. I resign as the titular head of the Republican Party. There, frankly, is someone far more qualified and capable and more in tune with today's Republican Party than I, to be not only its titular head but its real head, and that would be General Colin Powell. So I now pass the baton to General Powell as the titular head of the Republican Party. From this day forward it will be up to General Powell to instruct the party on things it needs to do to win elections in 2010 and of course the all important presidential election in 2012. From this day forward, anything I say about that objective or those two objectives I do not say as the titular head of the Republican Party. I do not say it as an official advice-giver of the Republican Party. Only that kind of strategy and advice and leadership can come from General Colin Powell. So while I never sought the office, and while I technically was never elected to it, I nevertheless was the titular head of the Republican Party. Since I never sought it, was never appointed, but nevertheless the media said I was, so I am, I no longer am, I'm quitting, I'm outta there, no mas, no mas.

I now today pronounce and proclaim General Colin Powell as the titular head of the Republican Party. From now on out, those of you who want to know what the party should do to win elections, to beat back the onslaught of Obamaism, ask General Powell. Look to his wise counsel, his leadership, and his words of encouragement for the Republican Party. Now, many of you are saying, "Wait a minute, Rush, Colin Powell endorsed Obama and said that Americans want to pay higher taxes in advance of the California vote yesterday," which shows just the opposite. "And didn't you just report, Rush, that yesterday in Boston Colin Powell told 1,500 business leaders and Gisele Bundchen, supermodel, that he's a Republican waiting for his party to emerge?" Yes, I did report all of that. Well, General Powell is the one who knows whatever it is that must emerge for him to be a Republican. The media has all said that he is the most genuine Republican out there, the best Republican that there could be and speaks for many, period. So we sit back patiently and await for whatever he is waiting on to emerge so that then General Powell can lead the Republican Party back to its days of glory, electoral victory, and prominence.

Powell is an ass-kisser. The GOP will have to lose even more of its conservatism under him. The party's split. True conservatives and moderates/neocons.

Somebody better mend some fences quick because we are in the meantime watching a fascist control freak take over the private industry of this nation.

Gunny
05-20-2009, 09:23 PM
plagiarist.

pathetic loser.

The pathetic loser would be the pathetic loser than can't address the content so decides he's hall monitor.

When you leftwingnuts can actually address a topic instead of trying to re-live all of your failed, false allegations from the previous administration as a deflection from the fascism you're currently endorsing, feel free to let me know.

Anyone that supports Herr Obama needs to find a new place to live. One that doesn't have our Constitution since the two seem to be in direct conflict with one another.

moderate democrat
05-20-2009, 09:24 PM
You are a real peace of trash Virgil, you come here for no other reason that to piss people off, again I must ask does the UCC in Augusta allow this kind of behavior?

I have no idea. I live in Iowa.

moderate democrat
05-20-2009, 09:25 PM
The pathetic loser would be the pathetic loser than can't address the content so decides he's hall monitor.

When you leftwingnuts can actually address a topic instead of trying to re-live all of your failed, false allegations from the previous administration as a deflection from the fascism you're currently endorsing, feel free to let me know.

Anyone that supports Herr Obama needs to find a new place to live. One that doesn't have our Constitution since the two seem to be in direct conflict with one another.

elections have consequences.

deal with it... either field a slate of candidates that can beat the democrats, or move. your choice.

Gunny
05-20-2009, 09:25 PM

Isn't a joke pissing people off an oxymoron?;)

This "person" can't even address the topic. he thinks he's a moderator or something.

Abbey Marie
05-20-2009, 09:28 PM
plagiarist.

pathetic loser.

I assume from the post that these are Rush's words. Didn't you?

Abbey Marie
05-20-2009, 09:30 PM
MD banned from thread.

Gunny
05-20-2009, 09:30 PM
elections have consequences.

deal with it... either field a slate of candidates that can beat the democrats, or move. your choice.

Why should I move? I gave Obama 8 years. At the rate Jimmy Carter Jr is going, he'll be lucky to last 4.

Dude, I was born here and I believe in the tenets of the US Constitution and what this country was built on, not some fascist dictator taking over the private sector one piece at a time.

You want me moved, you come move me. If you got the stones. Which you don't. You voted for someone to mollycoddle your pansy ass because you can't deal with stepping up and stepping out and making it on your own.

In other words, don't talk the talk if you can't walk the walk. You want me moved because I object to you and your ilk destroying the very foundation this country was built on?

Bring it or shut the F- up and get back in your corner.

Gunny
05-20-2009, 09:32 PM
MD banned from thread.

It's a bummer being a mortal here. I can't rep you.:laugh2:

Have to spread some around first.

Abbey Marie
05-20-2009, 09:36 PM

It's the thought... :beer:

Gunny
05-20-2009, 09:43 PM
It's the thought... :beer:

Apparently, one of us needs to clean HER inbox because she can't accept any more PMs.:poke:

Abbey Marie
05-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Apparently, one of us needs to clean HER inbox because she can't accept any more PMs.:poke:

Yow, you're right! I didn't notice that.

Jeff
05-20-2009, 10:02 PM
I tried to rep both of Y'all ,Abbey I got a bit ago gunny I owe ya I have to pass some around, he knows exactly what he is talking about with the Marlboro thing and I apologize for taking up room on this board to argue with a idiot, but that stuff I just can't stand by and watch

emmett
05-21-2009, 01:02 AM

Don't worry Gunny...I got it!

emmett
05-21-2009, 01:19 AM
plagiarist.

pathetic loser.

Take 24 MD!

red states rule
05-21-2009, 04:35 AM
plagiarist.

pathetic loser.

Hope you enjoy your 24 Virgil :laugh2:

Rush once again hits it out of the park

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zt78PnO0MG4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zt78PnO0MG4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kathianne
05-21-2009, 04:40 AM

Took care of that for ya!

red states rule
05-21-2009, 05:22 AM
Powell will get a chance to respond to Rush's resignation, and his appointment as head of the Republican party on CBS' "Face the Nation" this weekend

I hope he is asked why he voted for Obama when McCain was the "perfect" Republican in his opinion

jimnyc
05-21-2009, 06:24 AM

Take 24 MD!

Increased to a week. Not picking on MD as I want to reign in EVERYONE derailing threads for no reason. Starts with thread bans, then if that isn't enough a timeout. But I will not stand for someone harassing another over one of the most serious illnesses we see in our lives.

red states rule
05-21-2009, 08:25 AM
Back to the topic

Rush is far too important with what he is doing now on talk radio to be the so called head of the Republican Party

I wish the rank and file Republican voters would have listened to him during the last election

Rush speaks to millions each day and gives a voice to people who would otherwise be unheard.

I would say that probably people who are criticizing Rush right now have never actually listened to his show. Seriously, how many of you have ever tuned in and listened to the 3 hour show?

The libs over at MSNBC are green with envy over Rush's ratings given how they are always in the basement looking up at Fox News

gabosaurus
05-21-2009, 09:45 AM
I hope no one expected RSR to post an original thought in this forum. That is likely beyond his capabilities. :D

red states rule
05-21-2009, 09:47 AM
I hope no one expected RSR to post an original thought in this forum. That is likely beyond his capabilities. :D

Gabby and Virgil must be related :laugh2:

gabosaurus
05-21-2009, 09:54 AM
Gabby and Virgil must be related :laugh2:
Oh please, you don't have to be insulting about it. :p

Little-Acorn
05-21-2009, 10:11 AM

Yeah, that was a hoot when I heard him say it.

Lots of leftists who could never refute him, decided instead to pretend he was somehow the "leader" of the Republican party, and bash him and the party for that. Limbaugh laughed about it on his show, and pointed out that the Republican party has been doing exactly the OPPOSITE of what he has recommended for years - spending wildly, electing liberals, supporting new entitlements, and generally imitating Democrats all they could.

Limbaugh has protested each of these trends loud and long for years, with zero results - the Repub party has become more and more liberal, with no end in sight. So, as Limbaugh has pointed out, he's hardly "leading" the Republican party: they are going in opposite directions, in fact.

Yet the leftists continue to bray that he's their "leader" for some reason. So, he decided to humor them, and "resign" from a position he never had. I wonder what the leftist extremists will accuse him of (or accuse the Reupblican party of, I was never sure who their target was) next.

They'll come up with something, I'm sure. :cheers2:

Little-Acorn
05-21-2009, 10:15 AM
But I will not stand for someone harassing another over one of the most serious illnesses we see in our lives.

Liberalism?

:cheers2:

emmett
05-21-2009, 11:12 AM

Now that is an "original thought"! You tell him Gabby. :clap: