PDA

View Full Version : If you live next to libs - this is the perfect yardsign!

-Cp
05-21-2009, 12:57 PM
http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7909/yardsign.jpg

Little-Acorn
05-21-2009, 01:19 PM
Can't see the sign, nothing but a little red X. Probably because the firewall at my work blocks out Imageshack.

Is it anything like the sign shown here?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=22680

Jeff
05-21-2009, 01:37 PM
Can't see the sign, nothing but a little red X. Probably because the firewall at my work blocks out Imageshack.

Is it anything like the sign shown here?

http://www.debatepolicy.com/showthread.php?t=22680

Yes same one Little Acorn

Got to admit it made lol twice, lol

red states rule
05-21-2009, 01:40 PM
http://www.funnyandjokes.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/gun-free-family.gif

April15
05-21-2009, 02:17 PM
You could put either sign up at my house. I don't believe that anyone in the neighborhood owns fire arms. Then again since we know and protect each other by knowing who and what belongs in our area it easy to target potential scofflaws. Conservatives aren't allowed in!

red states rule
05-21-2009, 02:20 PM
You could put either sign up at my house. I don't believe that anyone in the neighborhood owns fire arms. Then again since we know and protect each other by knowing who and what belongs in our area it easy to target potential scofflaws. Conservatives aren't allowed in!

First, I would not want to enter your neighborhood. I have seen liberal tolerance too many times

Second, if your house was robbed April, you would not blame the criminals - you would blame Bush, Cheney, and Reagan

As far as my home, if you believe in life after death, try entering it without my permission

April15
05-21-2009, 02:24 PM
[QUOTE=red states rule;368159]First, I would not want to enter your neighborhood. I have seen liberal tolerance too many times

Second, if your house was robbed April, you would not blame the criminals - you would blame Bush, Cheney, and Reagan

As far as my home, if you believe in life after death, try entering it without my permission[Hey dude we don't even lock the doors cause there are no conservatives trying to take what is not theirs. Been that way for 60 years. In my entire life I have only lost (stolen) a skill saw. That was cheaper to replace than the door it was behind.

Immanuel
05-21-2009, 10:00 PM

However, you are still living under the deterrent that a thief doesn't know that you or your neighbors feel this way. For all the thief knows, you all could be armed to the teeth and darned willing to use every means under your roofs to protect your property and your neighbors property.

Immie

April15
05-21-2009, 10:09 PM
However, you are still living under the deterrent that a thief doesn't know that you or your neighbors feel this way. For all the thief knows, you all could be armed to the teeth and darned willing to use every means under your roofs to protect your property and your neighbors property.

ImmieAt this point in time all is speculation. In my 50+ years here theft has not happened nor have any gun incidents.
It is my belief that good neighbors make for good neighborhoods.

Gunny
05-21-2009, 10:15 PM

I doubt anyone KNOWS I own any firearms. Try a home invasion at MY house and see.

People like you need to get a clue. If home invaders show up in your neighborhood, all your "knowing who is who" won't stop a single bullet. You're fucked, period.

Questions?

Immanuel
05-21-2009, 10:57 PM
At this point in time all is speculation. In my 50+ years here theft has not happened nor have any gun incidents.
It is my belief that good neighbors make for good neighborhoods.

I am certain good neighbors make for good neighborhoods and that "neighborhood watches" do help, but you still benefit from the fact that a thief doesn't know whether or not you are armed.

If I were a thief and I knew that your next door neighbor was a gun enthusiast and you were opposed to guns, I am more than likely going to attempt a break in at your house than your neighbors simply because I don't want a bullet hole in me arse. :laugh2: Unless of course, I was going after his collection of fine weapons, but then I would make darned sure he wasn't home when I broke in.

Immie

gabosaurus
05-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Doesn't matter if you own 100 guns. If the intruder pulls his first.

Immanuel
05-22-2009, 06:52 AM

True Gabby, but most intruders are cowards. They are going to take the safe and easy victim over the one that might see them staring down the barrel of a shotgun as they crawl through the bedroom window.

Immie

Gaffer
05-22-2009, 09:31 AM
Let me repeat that old adage...When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

crin63
05-22-2009, 09:51 AM

If your house is alarmed and you have your home defense weapon out where it can be used its difficult for an intruder to draw first.

gabosaurus
05-22-2009, 11:54 AM
This sign must be really popular to have TWO threads in this forum about it. Not that I can count on you guys to keep your thoughts straight. :p

April15
05-22-2009, 04:26 PM
I am certain good neighbors make for good neighborhoods and that "neighborhood watches" do help, but you still benefit from the fact that a thief doesn't know whether or not you are armed.

If I were a thief and I knew that your next door neighbor was a gun enthusiast and you were opposed to guns, I am more than likely going to attempt a break in at your house than your neighbors simply because I don't want a bullet hole in me arse. :laugh2: Unless of course, I was going after his collection of fine weapons, but then I would make darned sure he wasn't home when I broke in.

ImmieHaving been forced to live with real criminals I can assure you a gun in the house is not any deterrent. A dog is more of a stopper than much of anything else.

Mr. P
05-22-2009, 04:31 PM
Having been forced to live with real criminals I can assure you a gun in the house is not any deterrent. A dog is more of a stopper than much of anything else.

A dog is a vocal deterrent...a gun is final.

Kathianne
05-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Having been forced to live with real criminals I can assure you a gun in the house is not any deterrent. A dog is more of a stopper than much of anything else.

What? I thought you lived in the idyllic community, where everyone knows everyone and there is no crime.

April15
05-22-2009, 06:28 PM
What? I thought you lived in the idyllic community, where everyone knows everyone and there is no crime.That is true, but as a younger man was arrested and convicted of a crime I did not do. The officer who lied under oath was promoted and the officer who came forward to disclose the truth of my innocence was fired. I got to spend a few months in duelel vocational rehab center in Californias prison system before my exoneration came through. I met some very bad ass people.