PDA

View Full Version : Beach season opens this weekend!

gabosaurus
05-22-2009, 12:08 PM
This is a special weekend for all persons of Southern California ancestry. Those of us fortunate enough to grow up near the coast know that the long Memorial Day weekend marks the official opening of BEACH SEASON!
It's time to buy a new swimsuit, break out that tanning lotion and take your loved ones to the beach. My daughter and I will be there Sunday and Monday.
Hope some of you will be able to do the same.

chloe
05-22-2009, 01:17 PM
I've alway wished I lived near the beach, unfortunately I've only seen the beach 3 times in my life, I hope you & your daughter have a lot of fun and wear sunblock.

Mr. P
05-22-2009, 01:27 PM
This is a special weekend for all persons of Southern California ancestry. Those of us fortunate enough to grow up near the coast know that the long Memorial Day weekend marks the official opening of BEACH SEASON!
It's time to buy a new swimsuit, break out that tanning lotion and take your loved ones to the beach. My daughter and I will be there Sunday and Monday.
Hope some of you will be able to do the same.

Just do the right thing and at least think about those who made the ultimate sacrifice so you have the freedom to play at the beach.

gabosaurus
05-22-2009, 02:18 PM
I don't need a special day to appreciate the sacrifices of our men in uniform. I do it every day. But that is an entirely different thread.
Like the old song says -- Get Up And Enjoy Yourself. Take some time to do whatever it is that brings you the most enjoyment.

Mr. P
05-22-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't need a special day to appreciate the sacrifices of our men in uniform. I do it every day. But that is an entirely different thread.
Like the old song says -- Get Up And Enjoy Yourself. Take some time to do whatever it is that brings you the most enjoyment.

Hey you said.."the long Memorial Day weekend"..not me.

Excuse me if I don't believe that you appreciate the sacrifices of our men in uniform every day.. You've written to much slamming those who serve to suggest that that's even remotely true.

Trigg
05-22-2009, 02:33 PM
I've alway wished I lived near the beach, unfortunately I've only seen the beach 3 times in my life, I hope you & your daughter have a lot of fun and wear sunblock.

It's not that great. In fact the whole time I lived in Florida I only went to the beach a handful of times. Most of the people born and raised there never go to the beach let alone swim in the ocean.

Why bother with the sand, long drive and sea creature when a pool is close at hand.

chloe
05-22-2009, 04:50 PM
It's not that great. In fact the whole time I lived in Florida I only went to the beach a handful of times. Most of the people born and raised there never go to the beach let alone swim in the ocean.

Why bother with the sand, long drive and sea creature when a pool is close at hand.

ha ha......that's like me living close to the mountains and never going camping.

Kathianne
05-22-2009, 05:33 PM

Hey Chloe, I live by beaches. Problem is Lake Michigan Beaches. They are less than frozen perhaps by 7/4. ;) Still beautiful, and great swimming for the hardy!

chloe
05-22-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey Chloe, I live by beaches. Problem is Lake Michigan Beaches. They are less than frozen perhaps by 7/4. ;) Still beautiful, and great swimming for the hardy!

Your lucky to have so much culture, Chicago is great for music festivals. But I wouldn't want to be there in the winter. :cool:

Kathianne
05-22-2009, 09:07 PM
Your lucky to have so much culture, Chicago is great for music festivals. But I wouldn't want to be there in the winter. :cool:

Right you are. I don't think most understand that our drama and dance may well be better than NY. Not a bargain, not by a long shot, but very good. Our museums may well be better and more affordable. I'll miss all of it, when I leave, which is inevitable.

chloe
05-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Right you are. I don't think most understand that our drama and dance may well be better than NY. Not a bargain, not by a long shot, but very good. Our museums may well be better and more affordable. I'll miss all of it, when I leave, which is inevitable.

where do you think you will relocate to most likely? We keep trying to figure out where to move to as well but we always find something wrong with the area.

Kathianne
05-23-2009, 12:37 PM
where do you think you will relocate to most likely? We keep trying to figure out where to move to as well but we always find something wrong with the area.

I don't know for certain, as you alluded to probably somewhere a tad warmer. ;) Got to trade up in some way! Right now I'm applying in IN, KY, TN, SC, GA, and TX, (maybe). Somehow I don't see myself fitting in TX?

chloe
05-23-2009, 12:52 PM
I don't know for certain, as you alluded to probably somewhere a tad warmer. ;) Got to trade up in some way! Right now I'm applying in IN, KY, TN, SC, GA, and TX, (maybe). Somehow I don't see myself fitting in TX?

we looked into texas but property taxes seemed high. I wouldn't mind south carolina or kentucky but everyone else does so I guess that's ruled out. I would tell you to come here but utah sucks. ha ha

Kathianne
05-23-2009, 01:51 PM
we looked into texas but property taxes seemed high. I wouldn't mind south carolina or kentucky but everyone else does so I guess that's ruled out. I would tell you to come here but utah sucks. ha ha

Well they would have to go a long way to making property taxes higher than mine. I have a 3 BD town home. 1 and 1/2 bath. Basement, fireplace. I 'control' 3 ft around home, with major restrictions. Taxes: $7500 per year.

chloe
05-23-2009, 01:59 PM
Well they would have to go a long way to making property taxes higher than mine. I have a 3 BD town home. 1 and 1/2 bath. Basement, fireplace. I 'control' 3 ft around home, with major restrictions. Taxes: $7500 per year.

Wow, well texas was pretty fun when I lived there. You would love it really. :cool:

Kathianne
05-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Wow, well texas was pretty fun when I lived there. You would love it really. :cool:

where in TX? Don't want to be too close to Dillo! ;)

Mr. P
05-23-2009, 03:01 PM
where in TX? Don't want to be too close to Dillo! ;)

I've never been in a part of TX I'd like to live in.

Kathianne
05-23-2009, 06:03 PM
I've never been in a part of TX I'd like to live in.

Ummm, that is what I'm finding for the most part.

chloe
05-23-2009, 07:03 PM
I lived in west Texas it's not very pretty but the people were genuinely nice. We seriously considered Austin or San Antonio, my family has good friends that live in Austin who just retired from Edward Jones. We scoped the area out they have great music and lively arts pretty big place the taxes were the reason for deciding not to go there. I've been to Dallas & Houston as well and they were too big for my taste. Im starting to doubt we will move. Your such a high educated inspiring person with a great appreciation of life I doubt wherever you move to you will bump into anyone unpleasant because you have an art for making things nice.:cool: