PDA

View Full Version : Emmett braggs again!

emmett
05-22-2009, 12:30 PM
Granddaughter's graduation from fifth grade was this morning.

Highest CRCT scores in Math, Social Studies and Reading in 5th Grade.
Her friend won highest Language Arts and Science.
Highest overall girls score in the school's graduating class.
Only Perfect Attendance award issued in the school this year.
Acheivement award after acheivement award after.........
Good Citizen Award, awards...awards...awards....

What did she have to say about it? That her teacher deserved all the credit and that anyone who is fortunate enough to be in her class will excel. Fact is her class did have way above average scores. In Georgia we don't expect much these days in the way of competing with other states as I don't have to tell you that we rank between 47-50 every year.

Hands have blisters on them from clapping so much. Cried through the whole thing.

Political Spin for the Liberals: Pretty good for a kid born to a seventeen yr old mother and a sixteen year old father huh?

:clap:

crin63
05-22-2009, 12:37 PM
Congratulations Emmet!!

chloe
05-22-2009, 01:15 PM
very nice ! Is 6th grade middle school out there?

Jeff
05-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Glad to hear it emmett!!!

And that's not bragging, Grandparents are allowed to be PROUD

:clap::clap::clap:

gabosaurus
05-22-2009, 02:15 PM
All parents and grandparents should be proud of their kids.

Kathianne
05-22-2009, 06:00 PM
very nice ! Is 6th grade middle school out there?

6th is middle school aged here, in IL.

Kathianne
05-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Granddaughter's graduation from fifth grade was this morning.

Highest CRCT scores in Math, Social Studies and Reading in 5th Grade.
Her friend won highest Language Arts and Science.
Highest overall girls score in the school's graduating class.
Only Perfect Attendance award issued in the school this year.
Acheivement award after acheivement award after.........
Good Citizen Award, awards...awards...awards....

What did she have to say about it? That her teacher deserved all the credit and that anyone who is fortunate enough to be in her class will excel. Fact is her class did have way above average scores. In Georgia we don't expect much these days in the way of competing with other states as I don't have to tell you that we rank between 47-50 every year.

Hands have blisters on them from clapping so much. Cried through the whole thing.

Political Spin for the Liberals: Pretty good for a kid born to a seventeen yr old mother and a sixteen year old father huh?

Wonderful! She's set up for flying through Middle School. IMO the most important thing that 6-8th graders need to develop is note taking skills.

Even now, at the end of the year, I cover the material with 6th grade real slow. All important points I say, "This is important, get it down." Inevitably one of them will say, "Should this be in my notes?" Dead face, "Yes." With an admonishment, 'in a few months I wouldn't bother saying this, you need to hear my pause and 'it's important'. Now chances are I will not be with this class next year, and I'm feeling so sad about that. They are so inquisitive, they want to go 'deeper' into everything. I do hope the follow up will meet their capabilities.

In 7th grade, I pick up for about 5 weeks where I left off in 6th regarding direction of notes; through the first test. Then segue into adding out of text info and essays to tests. Then let them use their notes for the tests. That helps them recognize the importance of writing and listening, skills they will need in high school, especially honors and/or AP. I believe it's imperative to be teaching towards excelling in high school, by teaching middle school. Any kid that can 'fly' in high school is on their way to scholarship at best, but success in any case for college.

Agnapostate
05-22-2009, 10:01 PM

Any liberal who would degrade that in the first place isn't much familiar with labor market theory.

And I got perfect attendance in 5th grade, but only because the girl who was supposed to take attendance apparently had a thing for me. :cool:

Abbey Marie
05-24-2009, 03:54 PM
She sounds like a winner, Emmett! :clap: