PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of Speech for Whom?

Kathianne
04-06-2007, 10:07 PM
http://www.julescrittenden.com/2007/04/05/laugh-of-the-day/
Several links.

Laugh of the Day

Fox news. Bush uses presidential power* to trump political power play by Kerry, who opposed Bush’s political appointee over his politics.

IMPORTANT UPDATE: It gets better. Having failed in their freedom-of-speech stifling effort to derail a political appointment over the appointee’s politics, now they want an investigation. Apparently they think it might be illegal for the president to exercise his right to make recess appointments.

Which raises an important question. If it’s wrong for the president to fire political appointees over their politics, doesn’t that make it wrong for senators to oppose political appointees over theirs? Wait a minute. I’m getting confused. The president fired them over their performance, but the Senate only gave a damn about Fox’s politics. So much crap flying around these days, its hard to sort out what’s what. But I think the Dem Cong might need to start holding hearings about itself.

But when I see moves like this, I realize I’m starting to really enjoy the Dem Cong.

*Bush, by the way, is president because America thought Kerry would make a lousy one. Quite aside from his three-scratches-and-a-sayonara battlefield leadership.

Welcome Punditeers! Stick around, make yourself at home. Don’t mind me, I’m just having an Iraq flashback. Who would have thought four years ago we’d be tolerating this kind of nonsense? Or giving our enemies openings like this? You’ll need a cleanser after news like that.