PDA

View Full Version : As Goes the EU, So Goes the UN?

Kathianne
05-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Seems the Brits are a tad fed up:

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/home/voters-ready-for-an-eu-revolt.html

New Poll: Voters of all parties ready for an EU revolt
On the eve of the European Election, a new ICM/TaxPayers' Alliance landscape poll on attitudes to the European Union has revealed that voters of all political allegiances, all social classes and all regions are overwhelmingly in support of radical direct action by the British Government against harmful EU policies - saying that Britain should break EU rules and then refuse to pay any consequent fines.

The poll, of 1,002 adults, also reveals a wider dissatisfaction with the European Union and a radical majority against the Euro, the Lisbon Treaty and further integration, and in support of removing powers from the EU. The financial crisis and the recession have made the British people far more eurosceptic.

There are serious connotations for the main political parties, too. Amongst Labour, Conservative and Liberal Democrat voters a large majority of each parties' supporters feel that none of the main parties adequately represent their views on Britain's future relationship on the EU. Given that the public are so radical in their opposition to so many areas of EU integration and EU policy, this suggests that the political parties are lagging severely behind the public's advanced euroscepticism.

Key Findings

People are so annoyed by EU rules that 69% want the British Government to start breaking them and disobeying Brussels. Only 28% of people believe Britain should obey EU rules. A majority of Conservatives (78%), Labour supporters (65%), Liberal Democrats (59%) and Others (70%) support disobedience. The policy has overwhelming support across every social class and region of the UK.....

Noir
05-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Most folk I know have always been Euro-skeptic (sp?)

I for one would love us to leave the EU, as a free Market I support it, but by the day it is turning more co-federalist, and soon will be federalist with devloved states.