PDA

View Full Version : did you miss me?.....

PostmodernProphet
05-26-2009, 05:57 AM
headed out to Iowa for the Memorial Day weekend.....my mother celebrated her 90th birthday on Friday.....dad will turn 95 in a few months and August will be their 70th wedding anniversary.....

it's been many years since I have been to Iowa in the spring.....in their part of the state, planting is finished and you can just begin to row the corn......(for you city slickers, that means enough of the corn has sprouted that you can see which directions the rows run)......

Kathianne
05-26-2009, 06:03 AM
headed out to Iowa for the Memorial Day weekend.....my mother celebrated her 90th birthday on Friday.....dad will turn 95 in a few months and August will be their 70th wedding anniversary.....

it's been many years since I have been to Iowa in the spring.....in their part of the state, planting is finished and you can just begin to row the corn......(for you city slickers, that means enough of the corn has sprouted that you can see which directions the rows run)......

Happy Birthday to your Mom! Wow, 90 is doing good. Hope you had a good time.

jimnyc
05-26-2009, 08:49 AM

Happy Birthday to both!! And wow, 70 years!! That's a long time to be married and a length that not many reach. Very inspirational even if I don't think I'll live to 70 let alone be married that long!

Little-Acorn
05-26-2009, 12:13 PM
did you miss me?.....

Yes, but my aim is improving. :dance:

Seriously, congrats to Mom and Dad. They must have some interesting stories to tell.

Abbey Marie
05-28-2009, 04:05 PM
Ah, you have good genes. Yes, we did miss you!