PDA

View Full Version : Paint Roads and Your Roof White To Save the Planet

red states rule
05-27-2009, 08:56 AM
White Roads? That will go over well when driving in the winter. I wonder what color the "white" stripes will be?

US wants to paint the world white to save energy

LONDON(AFP) (AFP) – US Energy Secretary Steven Chu said Tuesday the Obama administration wanted to paint roofs an energy-reflecting white, as he took part in a climate change symposium in London.

The Nobel laureate in physics called for a "new revolution" in energy generation to cut greenhouse gas emissions.

But he warned there was no silver bullet for tackling climate change, and said a range of measures should be introduced, including painting flat roofs white.

Making roads and roofs a paler colour could have the equivalent effect of taking every car in the world off the road for 11 years, Chu said.

It was a geo-engineering scheme that was "completely benign" and would keep buildings cooler and reduce energy use from air conditioning, as well as reflecting sunlight back away from the Earth.

For people who found white hard on the eye, scientists had also developed "cool colours" which looked to the human eye like normal ones, but reflect heat like pale colours even if they are darker shades.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090526/sc_afp/climatewarmingusbritainchu

MtnBiker
05-27-2009, 09:21 AM
And then in the winter I will need to paint my roof black to help absorb heat from the sun so I will not use my furnace as much.

These people are absurd!

red states rule
05-27-2009, 09:22 AM
And then in the winter I will need to paint my roof black to help absorb heat from the sun so I will not use my furnace as much.

These people are absurd!

Have you ever driven a road at sunrise, or sunset? Can you imagine the glare if it was white? Sorry, but I criticize nearly everything the Chosen One does, so why should this decidedly insane idea get a pass?

Next an energy tax on dark clothing

Insein
05-27-2009, 09:36 AM
It would be laughable if we didn't have the current administration in Washington. They might actually think its a good idea.

red states rule
05-27-2009, 09:39 AM
It would be laughable if we didn't have the current administration in Washington. They might actually think its a good idea.

Worried about "climate change"?

Go to Wal Mart and buy some shorts or a Parka. Your choice

PostmodernProphet
05-27-2009, 10:05 AM
God knew better, he made grass green instead of white.....

red states rule
05-27-2009, 10:08 AM
God knew better, he made grass green instead of white.....

In the winter time, do we paint the roads and roofs black and then repaint them white in the summer?

Jeff
05-27-2009, 10:09 AM
Have you ever driven a road at sunrise, or sunset? Can you imagine the glare if it was white? Sorry, but I criticize nearly everything the Chosen One does, so why should this decidedly insane idea get a pass?

Next an energy tax on dark clothing

Being a driver that has driven threw most, I think this has got to be the the stupid's thing I have heard come out of DC since the Messiah has taken the helm, LMAO

red states rule
05-27-2009, 10:10 AM
Being a driver on that has driven threw most, I think this has got to be the the stupid's thing I have heard come out of DC since the Messiah has taken the helm, LMAO

It is yet another example of that hope and change Jeff