PDA

View Full Version : Army chief says US ready to be in Iraq 10 years

red states rule
05-27-2009, 11:11 AM
So much for Obama promising the anti war left the US will out of Iraq "soon"

How is that hope and change going?

Army chief says US ready to be in Iraq 10 years

WASHINGTON – The Pentagon is prepared to leave fighting forces in Iraq for as long as a decade despite an agreement between the United States and Iraq that would bring all American troops home by 2012, the top U.S. Army officer said Tuesday.

Gen. George Casey, the Army chief of staff, said the world remains dangerous and unpredictable, and the Pentagon must plan for extended U.S. combat and stability operations in two wars. "Global trends are pushing in the wrong direction," Casey said. "They fundamentally will change how the Army works."

He spoke at an invitation-only briefing to a dozen journalists and policy analysts from Washington-based think-tanks. He said his planning envisions combat troops in Iraq and Afghanistan for a decade as part of a sustained U.S. commitment to fighting extremism and terrorism in the Middle East.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090526/ap_on_go_ca_st_pe/us_us_iraq

Trigg
05-27-2009, 02:40 PM
I seem to remember a certain lib on this board who said she would stop supporting bambam if he wasn't out of Iraq in 6 months......as promised in his campaign.

I wonder if McCain is getting a kick out of this flip flop. I'm sure everyone remembers the commercials of McCain and his 100 years comment. Seems bambam is singing the same tune

red states rule
05-27-2009, 02:44 PM
I seem to remember a certain lib on this board who said she would stop supporting bambam if he wasn't out of Iraq in 6 months......as promised in his campaign.

I wonder if McCain is getting a kick out of this flip flop. I'm sure everyone remembers the commercials of McCain and his 100 years comment. Seems bambam is singing the same tune

Perhaps because Obama is now getting the same intl as Pres Bush got, Obama has access to the same intel McCain had access to

Seems the Obama lovers are unwilling to to hold Obama to the same standards they held Pres Bush, McCain, and other Republicans to

Then again, being a liberal means you NEVER have to be consisent - and support only what helps the Dem party

emmett
05-27-2009, 10:07 PM
It is all George Bush's fault. (or) ......silence......

That is your two answers from the left. The latter being preferable.

Also...it is not a "War on Terrorism" anymore.

red states rule
05-28-2009, 05:47 AM
It is all George Bush's fault. (or) ......silence......

That is your two answers from the left. The latter being preferable.

Also...it is not a "War on Terrorism" anymore.

So far it has been silence

No Obama supporters has bothered to respond so far