PDA

View Full Version : Which home is safer?

Little-Acorn
05-28-2009, 02:45 PM
http://www.grouchyoldcripple.com/archives/whichissafer.JPG

Noir
05-28-2009, 02:49 PM
Gee, I don't know how I've got this far, I mean 19 years in a country that does not allow gun ownership and I only know of 1 'home invasion' ('Twas on a mates house about 2 years ago when they were on a cruise) like surly I should know of loads of invasions no?

Little-Acorn
05-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Who can blame noir for dodging the question?

red states rule
05-28-2009, 02:59 PM
http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/square-large-select.gif

April15
05-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Gee, I don't know how I've got this far, I mean 19 years in a country that does not allow gun ownership and I only know of 1 'home invasion' ('Twas on a mates house about 2 years ago when they were on a cruise) like surly I should know of loads of invasions no?Home invasion robberies are a result of oppressive behaviors bestowed on the populace. Or there are a lot of bored "kids" with nothing better to do! I don't buy for a second that weapons make you safer. They will give you a false feeling of security. If you have ever killed another human being it becomes extremely difficult to do it again, unless your some kind of reich wing conservanut.

red states rule
05-28-2009, 03:02 PM
Home invasion robberies are a result of oppressive behaviors bestowed on the populace. Or there are a lot of bored "kids" with nothing better to do! I don't buy for a second that weapons make you safer. They will give you a false feeling of security. If you have ever killed another human being it becomes extremely difficult to do it again, unless your some kind of reich wing conservanut.

April, gun control means never having to say "I missed you"

It is weak bleeding heart liberals like you that make a criminals life so much easier

Noir
05-28-2009, 03:05 PM
Who can blame noir for dodging the question?

Well if I where such a scumbag that I was going to invade a home it would be the one with the anti gun sign, that's common sense, however if I was going To rob anywhere I would stake the house out to see if there is a routine so I could invade when no one is in the house, that too is common sense, and would not matter I'd the person was pro or anti guns.

I see that as a clear answer, now, why the dodge on my last post? Care to revise your dismissle of it?

April15
05-28-2009, 03:08 PM
April, gun control means never having to say "I missed you"

It is weak bleeding heart liberals like you that make a criminals life so much easierScrew you! Weapons control is to restrict heavy artillary from being sold to citizens who can't operate a dildo.

red states rule
05-28-2009, 03:09 PM
Well if I where such a scumbag that I was going to invade a home it would be the one with the anti gun sign, that's common sense, however if I was going To rob anywhere I would stake the house out to see if there is a routine so I could invade when no one is in the house, that too is common sense, and would not matter I'd the person was pro or anti guns.

I see that as a clear answer, now, why the dodge on my last post? Care to revise your dismissle of it?

Since you are not permitted by law to own a gun, what will you use to defend your life and property?

Harsh language?

red states rule
05-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Screw you! Weapons control is to restrict heavy artillary from being sold to citizens who can't operate a dildo.

To libs like you April law abiding citizens owning a gun is a bigger threat then Iran having nukes

I am not feeling alot of liberal love from you today :laugh2:

April15
05-28-2009, 03:12 PM
To libs like you April law abiding citizens owning a gun is a bigger threat then Iran having nukes

I am not feeling alot of liberal love from you today :laugh2:Please read other post.

red states rule
05-28-2009, 03:15 PM
Please read other post.

Why are so many libs trying to ban HAND GUNS and prevent law abiding citzens from owning them?

Obama has been on both sides of the gun issue - not surprising for a leftie trying to win an election

Noir
05-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Since you are not permitted by law to own a gun, what will you use to defend your life and property?

Harsh language?

I have a riot batton, if by some quirk the invader has a gun then he can take anything in the house he likes, house insurence will cover my loses.

But like I said in my post, the point of which has been ignored, surely I should he hearing about invasions ever week in the gun controled state inwhich I live, 1 in 19 years is surly far too few no?

red states rule
05-28-2009, 03:31 PM
I have a riot batton, if by some quirk the invader has a gun then he can take anything in the house he likes, house insurence will cover my loses.

But like I said in my post, the point of which has been ignored, surely I should he hearing about invasions ever week in the gun controled state inwhich I live, 1 in 19 years is surly far too few no?

I do hope your government will not require you to have a permit, under go training, and a waiting period for the ownership of riot battons

I do hope your luck continues and the criminals do not decide to come see you knowing you are unarmed - but I am sure they will be

jimnyc
05-28-2009, 03:35 PM
Thank you for having me on your show, Alex. I'm gonna have to go with B. I'd rather kill to protect my family than trying to karate chop the guy carrying a .45 Magnum. Do I win an all expenses paid trip to Hawaii?

red states rule
05-28-2009, 03:38 PM
If you follow the following gun safety rules, you wil be fine

http://www.thoseshirts.com/images/imaogun600.jpg

jimnyc
05-28-2009, 03:39 PM

Although my wife is the gun owner of our home, I did by myself one of those extended batons that the police use. It's heavy as hell, about 8" long and when you flick your wrist it extends to 20" - and would do some serious damage to someone if you hit them in the kneecaps or head. Quite frankly though, if I woke up and saw a man wandering through my bedroom, and carrying a gun, I would feel better about shooting him and asking questions later. Then again, you have to know New York to understand my full feelings!

Noir
05-28-2009, 03:41 PM
@RSR

xD

No, you can own a stick without training. The idea of comparing a stick and a gun is pretty laughable.

And it's not down to luck, I mean not only would I be lucky, but so would everyone I know and have known.

Also the fact that you've tried to end the mini debate in such a fast manor shows that when posed with reasoned arguement you wish to shu away.

I'll tell you what does make me feel safe, the knowledge that the scumbags at the bottom of my street can not all chip in ten quid and buy a handgun and some ammo between them,

red states rule
05-28-2009, 03:46 PM
@RSR

xD

No, you can own a stick without training. The idea of comparing a stick and a gun is pretty laughable.

And it's not down to luck, I mean not only would I be lucky, but so would everyone I know and have known.

Also the fact that you've tried to end the mini debate in such a fast manor shows that when posed with reasoned arguement you wish to shu away.

I'll tell you what does make me feel safe, the knowledge that the scumbags at the bottom of my street can not all chip in ten quid and buy a handgun and some ammo between them,

Do not talk to soon Noir. With a liberal government, they are never happy unless they are controlling your life in more areas.

Given the crime rate in the UK compared to the US, I would think you would want to protect yourself better then you are allowed

NOir, criminals can ALWAYS get a gun when they want it. If you do not think they can, you are really naive

Noir
05-28-2009, 03:52 PM
Yar, well I will post a video on YouTube of me eating a hat the day the gov bans/limits folk owning or using a stick.

Indeed we have a knife crime problem, no doubt, but you guys have a gun problem, I know which I would rather have.

I'm not talking about criminals as in professionals, I mean teenage scumbags, the type of which are currently carrying knives (for their protection) would if able would want to carry guns for 'their protection'. It seems these protective knives are the reason for our knife problem, protective guns would do the same, least you are the one who is niace enough to think otherwise.

red states rule
05-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Yar, well I will post a video on YouTube of me eating a hat the day the gov bans/limits folk owning or using a stick.

Indeed we have a knife crime problem, no doubt, but you guys have a gun problem, I know which I would rather have.

I'm not talking about criminals as in professionals, I mean teenage scumbags, the type of which are currently carrying knives (for their protection) would if able would want to carry guns for 'their protection'. It seems these protective knives are the reason for our knife problem, protective guns would do the same, least you are the one who is niace enough to think otherwise.

Here is what I found about the crime rate in the UK

http://wheelgun.blogspot.com/2007/01/crime-in-uk-versus-crime-in-us.html

Even teens can buy a gun, or anything else, if they have the cash Noir

The only gun problem we have here in the US is when criminals find out their intended victim is armed

Jeff
05-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Home invasion robberies are a result of oppressive behaviors bestowed on the populace. Or there are a lot of bored "kids" with nothing better to do! I don't buy for a second that weapons make you safer. They will give you a false feeling of security. If you have ever killed another human being it becomes extremely difficult to do it again, unless your some kind of reich wing conservanut.

Yes they do make you safer, if you have nothing to protect yourself with how do ya do so?

A false feeling of security, lol, you haven't been to my house, I feel very secure

you are right with the kill again though cuss once the scum knows you are armed and will shoot they usually skip your house the next time

Little-Acorn
05-28-2009, 06:18 PM
if I was going To rob anywhere I would stake the house out to see if there is a routine so I could invade when no one is in the house

That's not a home invasion, it's a burglary. The question was, which is safer in a home invasion.

A home invasion is where criminals come in while the occupants are there. Not while they're absent.

Nice try at changing the subject. But at least you got the first part right. Criminals intent on going in while the occupants are there, would be a lot happier to see the no-guns sign, than the target. In fact, there's a pretty good chance they would skip the target home altogether and go elsewhere.

And that's what makes the home with the target, safer. Not because the criminals might get shot, but because the home invasion never happens in the first place. At least a lot less often than at the home with the no-guns sign.

SassyLady
05-28-2009, 09:10 PM
Let's move past the need to own a gun to protect oneself during a home invasion............how would you defend yourself against soldiers invading your country?

As the wife of a soldier I know that if we are invaded he will be out there fighting on the front lines - not here defending me and our family. Each of us needs to be able to defend ourselves when the need arises.

It is so much easier for a complete takeover of a country when the inhabitants depend solely on their military because once the military surrenders what else can the unarmed citizens do other than capitulate?

If we just executed anyone that used a gun to commit a crime, people would think twice about using guns for anything other than protection.

red states rule
05-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Let's move past the need to own a gun to protect oneself during a home invasion............how would you defend yourself against soldiers invading your country?

As the wife of a soldier I know that if we are invaded he will be out there fighting on the front lines - not here defending me and our family. Each of us needs to be able to defend ourselves when the need arises.

It is so much easier for a complete takeover of a country when the inhabitants depend solely on their military because once the military surrenders what else can the unarmed citizens do other than capitulate?

If we just executed anyone that used a gun to commit a crime, people would think twice about using guns for anything other than protection.

If we were invaded I suspect the gun owners would be fighting the invaders, while the gun haters would be negotiating a truce

PostmodernProphet
05-28-2009, 09:34 PM
Screw you! Weapons control is to restrict heavy artillary from being sold to citizens who can't operate a dildo.

I agree....that is the only form of gun control that should be permitted.....no heavy artillery....no permits to those who can't operate a dildo.....

PostmodernProphet
05-28-2009, 09:37 PM
If you have ever killed another human being it becomes extremely difficult to do it again, unless your some kind of reich wing conservanut.

lol...and how many people do you believe the average conservative has killed?.....

April15
05-28-2009, 11:09 PM
I agree....that is the only form of gun control that should be permitted.....no heavy artillery....no permits to those who can't operate a dildo.....Well I disagree! Proper gun control is hitting the subject... er target.

April15
05-28-2009, 11:10 PM
lol...and how many people do you believe the average conservative has killed?.....I was trying to piss off RSR.

emmett
05-29-2009, 12:01 AM

I feel pretty safe here at my house.

A15...you argue a blind point every time you talk about guns. Let me ask you a question. Of the thousands of people who are killed in their homes each year because they are unarmed, what do you think is the most common question asked by someone three to five seconds before they are shot or stabbed, raped etc,...

I would bet it is, "I wish I had a gun."

You can lie to yourself all you want but this is one argument your side will NEVER win my friend. Never in a thousand years.

emmett
05-29-2009, 12:13 AM
If we were invaded I suspect the gun owners would be fighting the invaders, while the gun haters would be negotiating a truce

Nope, the gun haters either get killed, shot, stabbed or screwed RSR. They live in a fantasy world of not believing things can happen like that because it never has to them. What they need to think of is it only happens once. There is no reset button when you are laying in the floor and a criminal is about to shoot you or stab you while you beg for your life.

I ask the age old repetitive question I have asked a thousand times on here but only brings out the crickets to churp....

OK Libs...you are in your house, a burgler with a weapon comes into your room, what do you do? Don't say it does not happen....it does. Don't tell me about Brinks.....I can disarm one of those things in 2 seconds. The dog....shot! You run...he chases you. You get to the kitchen....the steps come closer. You know this person intends to do you harm....

You think to yourself, "God I wish I had a gun!"

Now take this silly argument, pack it where it belongs and take it home. It don't fly here or in any Conservative American's home where people believe in the right to defend themselves.

PostmodernProphet
05-29-2009, 08:38 AM
I was trying to piss off RSR.

and instead, you dribbled all over yourself....

Little-Acorn
05-29-2009, 10:22 AM
Criminals intent on going into a home while the occupants are there, would be a lot happier to see the no-guns sign, than the target. In fact, there's a pretty good chance they would skip the target home altogether and go elsewhere.

And that's what makes the home with the target, safer. Not because the criminals might get shot, but because the home invasion never happens in the first place. At least a lot less often than at the home with the no-guns sign.

April15
05-29-2009, 12:39 PM
I feel pretty safe here at my house.

A15...you argue a blind point every time you talk about guns. Let me ask you a question. Of the thousands of people who are killed in their homes each year because they are unarmed, what do you think is the most common question asked by someone three to five seconds before they are shot or stabbed, raped etc,...

I would bet it is, "I wish I had a gun."

You can lie to yourself all you want but this is one argument your side will NEVER win my friend. Never in a thousand years.

Well if they acted instead of wished they would most likely be alive! Keep that in mind.

April15
05-29-2009, 12:40 PM
and instead, you dribbled all over yourself....If that is what you see then so be it.

Jeff
05-29-2009, 02:53 PM
Well if they acted instead of wished they would most likely be alive! Keep that in mind.

What were they going to act with?

A guy has a gun, about to pull the trigger, gee guess ya could slap him, lol

This is a ridiculous argument A15, the cops rarely ever get there quick enough to protect ya , so you are at the intruder's mercy, I am not going to be at anybodies mercy

And these beautiful neighborhoods,remember OJ, LOL, didn't look like a bad place but if either one had a gun, OJ may have been the one bleeding on the sidewalk

hjmick
05-29-2009, 03:40 PM
This is a ridiculous argument A15, the cops rarely ever get there quick enough to protect ya

What many people fail to realize is, for the most part, it is the job of the police to investigate crimes and capture criminals after the crime is committed. It is the rare occasion when they actually prevent a crime and protect a potential victim. Despite the popular motto "To Protect and Serve," it is not often that they succeed in protecting anyone.

Nukeman
05-29-2009, 04:41 PM
To dig up an old quote

"When SECONDS count the Police are only MINUTES away"

April15
05-29-2009, 05:11 PM
What were they going to act with?

A guy has a gun, about to pull the trigger, gee guess ya could slap him, lol

This is a ridiculous argument A15, the cops rarely ever get there quick enough to protect ya , so you are at the intruder's mercy, I am not going to be at anybodies mercy

And these beautiful neighborhoods,remember OJ, LOL, didn't look like a bad place but if either one had a gun, OJ may have been the one bleeding on the sidewalk
The only thing ridiculous is that you would make no attempt to save your own ass. Being in that position before I can attest that hesitation is not in the gun holders benefit. But the decision to shoot is lagging defensive moves. I have disarmed a person and I am not any great athalete.

Binky
05-29-2009, 08:23 PM
A big gun is the only weapon criminals respect. They aren't afraid of a knife or a pea shooter.

Jeff
05-31-2009, 07:18 PM
The only thing ridiculous is that you would make no attempt to save your own ass. Being in that position before I can attest that hesitation is not in the gun holders benefit. But the decision to shoot is lagging defensive moves. I have disarmed a person and I am not any great athalete.

LMAO, no attempt, lol, I lived in NJ in Perth NJ as a matter of fact, and very rarley locked my door, lol the local criminals n\knew what they would be up against when they came threw the door, ooo and by the way, that is a bad area of NJ LOL as if there are to many good area's

But while living in SC I had a guy sneaking around the front of the house about 4 am, when I slung the door open he ran, I shot 1 time over his head and told him to freeze I wouldn't miss with the second shot, lol he stopped, but ya know I actually had hoped he would run, lol

I live in GA now if ya want to try, LMAO

emmett
06-01-2009, 01:06 AM

Now that is good sensible behavior, let's have all the 109 lb chicks in America just "DISARM" the armed criminals when they break in. Wonderful advice. Now see people....that's what we need on here, you get a question stuck in your face that you know discredits your argument (warm up crickets...I'll be done in a sec) and you come off with such a ludicrus suggestion as "taking" loaded weapons away from intruders. (Ready crickets?) I have never...in all my days on a message board heard something so far left stupid as this statement. (OK cricks....sing away).

Gaffer
06-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Now that is good sensible behavior, let's have all the 109 lb chicks in America just "DISARM" the armed criminals when they break in. Wonderful advice. Now see people....that's what we need on here, you get a question stuck in your face that you know discredits your argument (warm up crickets...I'll be done in a sec) and you come off with such a ludicrus suggestion as "taking" loaded weapons away from intruders. (Ready crickets?) I have never...in all my days on a message board heard something so far left stupid as this statement. (OK cricks....sing away).

Kinda reminds me of my grand kid at 6 years old. "Well, I'll just beat em up."