PDA

View Full Version : Animal Society and Del Monte Foods Help Atlanta Food Banks Feed Pets

chloe
05-28-2009, 06:40 PM
Best Friends Animal Society

MAY 28, 2009
ATLANTA
Dogs whose families are struggling to feed them are getting help from one of the nation's largest animal welfare organizations and a leading producer of pet food and snacks.

Best Friends Animal Society distributed 1,215 bags of dog food and snacks to two Atlanta-area food banks. The generous donation was provided by Del Monte Foods Company's Kibble n' BitsŪ. The two food pantries that received the food are: Save Our Pets Food Bank in Atlanta and Daffy's Pet Soup Kitchen in Lawrenceville.

"We are so appreciative to be able to work with Del Monte Foods on this project," said Ellen Gilmore, Best Friends campaign coordinator. "We distributed 23 pallets of dog food -- approximately 20,000-plus pounds of food to help people who are facing tough economic times keep their pets.

"This is a great event for Best Friends' First Home Forever Home campaign. The campaign focuses on all aspects of helping people make and honor a lifetime commitment to their companion animals and their right to a loving forever home," Gilmore said.

http://www.happynews.com/news/5282009/animal%20society%20del%20monte%20foods%20help%20at lanta%20food%20banks%20feed%20pets.htm

glockmail
05-29-2009, 02:19 AM
Wow the economy sucks. How long before we see soup lines?

Jeff
05-29-2009, 06:52 AM
Wow the economy sucks. How long before we see soup lines?

Ya might stock up on the pet food cause Obama is going to tax us so hard the lines for the soup line will be to long

glockmail
05-29-2009, 08:07 AM
Ya might stock up on the pet food cause Obama is going to tax us so hard the lines for the soup line will be to long I jokingly call my dog "my emergency food supply".:laugh2:

Jeff
06-01-2009, 06:28 AM
I jokingly call my dog "my emergency food supply".:laugh2:

I keep a few big ones around just in case :laugh2:

cat slave
08-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Ill be sure and buy DelMonte products at all times. They should be supported
in their noble mission!

DelMonte, a company with a heart!