PDA

View Full Version : Creationist stripped of state post in Texas

gabosaurus
05-29-2009, 11:46 AM
AUSTIN — In a rare rejection of an appointment by the Texas governor, the Senate Thursday ousted Don McLeroy as chairman of the State Board of Education, with his supporters claiming the Bryan dentist was the victim of his strong religious beliefs.

McLeroy is a devout Christian who believes in creationism and the notion that the Earth is about 6,000 years old. He has steadfastly argued that Texas students should be taught the weaknesses of evolution.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/6446310.html

Trigg
05-29-2009, 02:44 PM
Well quite honestly there a quite a few things that really have no business in schools.

Unless these kids are attending a religious school, what would be the point of teaching creationism or evolution. What class does that pertain to??????

Science, at least with my kids, is the study of chemicals and compounds.

The homosexual agenda also has no business in schools. Health class needs to teach the plumbing involved with sex and other health related topics. Birth control or the lack of is a personal issue and needs to be discussed at home. Who's boinking who also needs to stay a personal issue.

PostmodernProphet
05-29-2009, 02:44 PM
I find that liberals often assume that believing in creation equals believing the earth is 6000 years old.....this makes me wonder if he actually believes it, or if the press just assumed it.....

Trigg
05-29-2009, 02:45 PM
I find that liberals often assume that believing in creation equals believing the earth is 6000 years old.....this makes me wonder if he actually believes it, or if the press just assumed it.....

Well I work with a lady who doesn't belive in dinosaurs, dispite the overwhelming evidence. So does he believe the earth is only 6,000 yrs old, probably.