PDA

View Full Version : PA Paper Runs Ad Calling for Obama Assassination

red states rule
05-30-2009, 05:41 AM
Not only should the idiot who placed the ad be arrested, but the editiors at the paper should be fired

How could such an ad be published? Are these people at the paper so lacking in knowledge of US history they did not know which US Presdients were assassinated?

Pennsylvania Newspaper Runs Ad Calling for Obama Assassination

WARREN, Pa. — A small-town newspaper is apologizing for running a classified advertisement calling for the assassination of President Barack Obama.

Warren Times Observer Publisher John Elchert says the ad appeared Thursday. It read, "May Obama follow in the steps of Lincoln, Garfield, McKinley and Kennedy!" The four presidents were all assassinated.

Elchert tells The Associated Press that the newspaper's advertising staff didn't make the historical connection.

He says the northwestern Pennsylvania newspaper turned information over to police and that the Secret Service is investigating the person who placed the ad.

A note in Friday's paper says the newspaper "apologizes for the oversight."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,523257,00.html?test=latestnews

05-30-2009, 08:50 AM
First, I have to say its rather sad to see people talking about assasination.

Second, I think the situation is rather funny. Newspaper thinks they are praising Obama with the ad, they are really calling for his assasination. It's just amusing.

Im just glad no one is stupid enough to take this seriously and actually try something. Last thing we need is President Biden.

red states rule
05-30-2009, 08:59 AM
First, I have to say its rather sad to see people talking about assasination.

Second, I think the situation is rather funny. Newspaper thinks they are praising Obama with the ad, they are really calling for his assasination. It's just amusing.

Im just glad no one is stupid enough to take this seriously and actually try something. Last thing we need is President Biden.

But it does show how the liberal media is uninformed and is too busy waving the pom poms for Obama then paying attention to to their real job

Informing and reporting the facts

April15
05-30-2009, 04:56 PM
Biden would be a lot better than cheney. But the country would be far better off if Bush had been.

red states rule
05-30-2009, 05:00 PM
Biden would be a lot better than cheney. But the country would be far better off if Bush had been.

You really are a sorry ass piece of crap April. Let yopur hate for Pres Bush go - your boy and party are now in charge

and doing a rotten job as they drive the country further down hill

April15
05-30-2009, 07:48 PM
You really are a sorry ass piece of crap April. Let yopur hate for Pres Bush go - your boy and party are now in charge

and doing a rotten job as they drive the country further down hill
I don't see it that way! What I see and feel is the nation is slowing down on the economic quagmire set into motion by the previous administration. The climb out of the Bush abyss will start later this year maybe early next.
It will cost way more to get out than Bushco made to get the US into it. My children know this will be their misfortune of someone else's actions. They are hoping, like I, that inflation will take hold in the next decade and make the money cheaper so the payback will be easier.
And the disgust that I have for Bush extends to the entire conservative republican't good ol boys club. Thankfully many republicans don't belong to that society of sloth.

red states rule
05-30-2009, 07:52 PM
I don't see it that way! What I see and feel is the nation is slowing down on the economic quagmire set into motion by the previous administration. The climb out of the Bush abyss will start later this year maybe early next.
It will cost way more to get out than Bushco made to get the US into it. My children know this will be their misfortune of someone else's actions. They are hoping, like I, that inflation will take hold in the next decade and make the money cheaper so the payback will be easier.
And the disgust that I have for Bush extends to the entire conservative republican't good ol boys club. Thankfully many republicans don't belong to that society of sloth.

So excessive spending under Bush was bad - butr excessive sending under Obama is good?

$500 billion annual deficit under Bush is bad - but a $2 triliion deficit under Obama is good?

A $3.2 trillion annual budget under Bush is bad - but a $3.6 trillion annual budget under Obama is good?

So all the buying up of car companies and banks under Obama is good?

April, you are so consumed with hate and rage you probably can't see the double standards you are now living by

April15
05-30-2009, 08:23 PM
So excessive spending under Bush was bad - butr excessive sending under Obama is good?

$500 billion annual deficit under Bush is bad - but a $2 triliion deficit under Obama is good?

A $3.2 trillion annual budget under Bush is bad - but a $3.6 trillion annual budget under Obama is good?

So all the buying up of car companies and banks under Obama is good?

April, you are so consumed with hate and rage you probably can't see the double standards you are now living by

One was irresponsible, Bush, the other a massive fix equal to the damage done. The FDIC is a government agency assigned that job. The auto makers believed big oil and now are finding just what kind of friend they are. Of course the gov is going to ensure the financial and employment losses will not get to great depression values. Am I happy? NO! Do I have another answer? No! Are many retired people going to suffer because of this? You bet!

red states rule
05-31-2009, 09:03 AM
One was irresponsible, Bush, the other a massive fix equal to the damage done. The FDIC is a government agency assigned that job. The auto makers believed big oil and now are finding just what kind of friend they are. Of course the gov is going to ensure the financial and employment losses will not get to great depression values. Am I happy? NO! Do I have another answer? No! Are many retired people going to suffer because of this? You bet!

and the Dems started all this buy allowing Fannie and Freddie to give credit to non credit worthy people. Then they denied there was a problem. Then when the bottom fell out - they blamed capitalism and Pres Bush

The auto makers allow the unions to bleed them dry - so now we the taxpayer bail them out. Yet after billions GM is going to file bankruptcy. (will you blame Reagan April for it like you did for your own bankruptcy?)

In typical liberal logic to help the auto companies Obama speeds of milage requirements. It will make the cars cost more and cost the auto companies billions to upgrade

As people lose their jobs, Obama and Dems talk about tax increases. Another example of why I stil say Obama is Jimmy Carter's second term