PDA

View Full Version : Mancow Accused of Staging Fake Waterboarding

red states rule
05-30-2009, 12:00 PM
Well what do we have here? Another hero of the left caught up in his own tangled web of lies - and the liberal media helps him out

As long as the guy is repeating the left wing talking points it seems anything goes

Mancow Muller Accused of Staging Fake Waterboarding
By P.J. Gladnick
May 30, 2009 - 09:09 ET

Erich "Mancow" Muller has gotten a lot of publicity for himself over the last few days by subjecting himself to a supposed waterboarding and then immediately declaring it to be torture. As a result, he has been hailed in the leftwing Blogosphere and appeared on MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann to report on his experience. Well, now it appears that his "experience" was probably faked and did not encompass what a real waterboarding is like according to the Gawker blog. A series of e-mails between Mancow publicist, Linda Shafran, and David Kupcinet who has contacts with many veterans through his Purple Heart Association was obtained by the Gawker. Shafran was trying to get a veteran to conduct the waterboarding and when Kupcinet agreed to find one, she sent him the following e-mail:

You are a ROCK STAR!!!

It is going to have to look "real" but of course would be simulated with Mancow acting like he is drowning. It will be a hoax but have to look real. Would be great if they could dress in fatigues and bring whatever is needed. We will supply the water.

In her own words, it "will be a hoax but have to look real." Even worse, the producers of Keith Olbermann's show were informed about the e-mails prior to the appearance of Mancow. This was their reaction as reported by the Gawker:

Regarding the emails between Safran and Kupcinet, our tipster also informed us that they were shared with Keith Olbermann's producers prior to Mancow's appearance on his show. We were told that they were beyond livid when they found out about them and expressed their extreme displeasure for the whole situation with Linda Shafran over the phone, but went ahead with the planned segment anyway, making no mention of the fact that they'd received advance word that the whole thing may have been staged. However, we were unable to confirm this with anyone at MSNBC.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2009/05/30/mancow-muller-accused-staging-fake-waterboarding

Gaffer
05-30-2009, 12:12 PM
I thought mancow was always a conservative talking head, what's up with this? I know I haven't been watching the news in a long time, but when did he switch sides?

red states rule
05-30-2009, 12:18 PM
I thought mancow was always a conservative talking head, what's up with this? I know I haven't been watching the news in a long time, but when did he switch sides?

I was surprised when I found this story. I do not know why he is doing this - maybe for the publicity

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WoYxfmGA8Ak&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WoYxfmGA8Ak&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Mr. P
05-30-2009, 12:48 PM
What a F'kin HOAX!!

Check this vid..of the same event.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkj9pjx3H0&NR=1

This is NOTHING more than theatrics..and poor theatrics at that.

red states rule
05-30-2009, 12:50 PM
What a F'kin HOAX!!

Check this vid..of the same event.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUkj9pjx3H0&NR=1

This is NOTHING more than theatrics..and poor theatrics at that.

Send the video over to Keith, Chris, and the rest of Obama's staff at MSNBC

Mr. P
05-30-2009, 01:01 PM
Send the video over to Keith, Chris, and the rest of Obama's staff at MSNBC

It wouldn't matter..They want to present a lie...which is what they did.

This is such BS anyone with two brain cells would say..Hey, they held his nose closed, but he says water went up his nose...give me a break!!! IDIOTS

Then there are those of us that have "really" been waterboarded..This bit of poor acting ain't waterboarding at any level.

red states rule
05-30-2009, 01:05 PM

This is such BS anyone with two brain cells would say..Hey, they held his nose closed, but he says water went up his nose...give me a break!!! IDIOTS

Then there are those of us that have "really" been waterboarded..This bit of poor acting ain't waterboarding at any level.

I would not be surprised if say Moderate Democrat, BP, or PB did this - but I am surprised someone with the creds of Mancow did. And he just lost his credibility wuth his listeners

Libs live their lives with lies. They bathe in the warm waters of deceit. If they have to fool people to make their case they have no problem doing it

Man cow should have been smart enough to know most who are in the US military or those who have served would be able to see this was a show to get ratings - and perhaps favorable coverage from the liberal media

PostmodernProphet
05-30-2009, 07:12 PM
if the waterboarding was done properly, he was SUPPOSED to feel like he was drowning....that's the whole idea.....

but one thing was obvious.....he experienced fear.....not pain, not injury, not death or even the threat of it.....

Kathianne
05-30-2009, 08:42 PM

Me too! I've listened to him quite a lot, always seemed very conservative.

Kathianne
05-30-2009, 08:44 PM

I also listened to the tape and have to agree with this. Seems either faked or he went into super panic before it started? In any case, dont think it will matter either way, Obama has spoken.

emmett
06-01-2009, 01:12 AM
What a crock of crap! What the hell was Eric doing? I mean why? What was his point?

Jeff
06-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Publicity stunt
Must be time for the ratings to come out, either that or this idiot thought Howard Stern might do it , so instead of copying him he tried to be original.

red states rule
06-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Publicity stunt
Must be time for the ratings to come out, either that or this idiot thought Howard Stern might do it , so instead of copying him he tried to be original.

Probably a desperate attempt to increase his ratings

Jeff
06-01-2009, 10:24 AM
Probably a desperate attempt to increase his ratings

And the worst part is it did, it gave all the libs something to talk about

gabosaurus
06-01-2009, 10:30 AM
Mancow is a conservative toadie. Of course, like a shock jocks, he cares most about ratings and publicity.

Jeff
06-01-2009, 01:46 PM
Mancow is a conservative toadie. Of course, like a shock jocks, he cares most about ratings and publicity.

LOL, your right all the shock jocks care about is ratings,hell he could of been a conservative a liberal it don't matter he just wants ratings, that is why he allowed himself to be waterboarded, for ratings, as a shock jock he is suppose to shock the audience, but all he succeeded in doing was making himself look like a ass and giving libs more evidence on there torture theory, lol

Mr. P
06-01-2009, 02:15 PM
LOL, your right all the shock jocks care about is ratings,hell he could of been a conservative a liberal it don't matter he just wants ratings, that is why he allowed himself to be waterboarded, for ratings, as a shock jock he is suppose to shock the audience, but all he succeeded in doing was making himself look like a ass and giving libs more evidence on there torture theory, lol

It was a stunt..believe me he WASN'T waterboarded.

PostmodernProphet
06-01-2009, 02:39 PM
I think you folks are all missing the true story here.....the procedure scared him shitless but it didn't cause him even a temporary injury.......backslapping him across the face would have been worse.....

if something can cause that type of reaction in someone in less than ten seconds, yet cause no injury, it ought to be freely employed as an interrogation technique......"oh, you don't want to tell us?.....shall we lie down and try it again, Mancow?".......sounds like a winner to me.....

emmett
06-01-2009, 02:59 PM
I would venture to say that it did exactly as PMP points out. It absolutely proves beyond a doubt that he was not physically hurt.

The issue comes down to this. And all that obviously matters is what the left will accept since they are the whiners who believe enemies have "rights" not to be tortured. Should there be ANY coersive actions allowed whatsoever? OK...if so...WHAT?

Should we try maybe bartyering with terrorists for information. say...privledges? So long as we don't raise our voice to them and hurt their feelings!

Come on....you lefties can't really believe this shit agenda you promote about torture. I mean do you really believe an enemy should not be tortured.

It is a damn good thing I am not in charge of the stuff cause I woulod stop at nothing, and frankly wouldn't waste any time getting to the nitty gritty either, I'd just start cutting off fingers and other body parts until I had some information. If it was faked, I would simply walk in and cut off something else and then start over.

Where's the problem?

emmett
06-01-2009, 03:00 PM
It was a stunt..believe me he WASN'T waterboarded.

Did y'all read this?

This man knows what the hell waterboarding is. He says it wasn't waterboarding. Good enough for me. It wasn't waterboarding.

Gaffer
06-01-2009, 05:03 PM
A whole new phrase to add to the many out there.

"I'll make you squeal like mancow."

theHawk
06-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Who cares if this guy says waterboarding is 'torture'?

So what if it is?

Torture can work, and should be allowed to be used if agents in the field believe it will help them break a particular terrorist. Otherwise, we're fighting a war blindfolded with one arm tied behind our back.

red states rule
06-01-2009, 11:15 PM
From Mancow's website. Seems he is a bit upset with the bloggers

Bored Bloggers Are All Wet
May 29, 2009
Posted by Mancow Muller at 2:00 AM - E-Mail this entry

I am not a magician. Many news cameras were there!

Obviously, it was on the radio and I wasn't in prison. I'm also not a radicalized Muslim terrorist. But it was not a hoax! I repeat: NOT A HOAX.

We kept telling management, the insurance companies, and the local Chicago cops we weren't really going to do it until we did. Otherwise, they weren't gonna let us do it! We got a U.S. Marine that told us he had studied how to do it and he volunteered to waterboard me in return for a mention of his charity.

I was on a decline and I was waterboarded. Was I in chains? No. Does that make it less real? I am failing to get the point attempted by my detractors. We never claimed it was an exact recreation.

The CIA technique is exactly what we did:

1. Keep the chest elevated above the head and neck to keep the lungs "above the waterline."

2. Incline the head, both to keep the throat open and to present the nostrils for easier filling.

3. Force the mouth open so that water can be poured into both the nose and mouth.

Sorry, I thought for years it wasn't torture and now I do. The video is there for all to see.

The left has taken my message and distorted it as well. Would I wanterboard to save my daughters (or any American children)? Yes!

The three terrorists that were waterboarded at Guantanamo were done so by military professionals. And it was done to save lives with America's best interests at heart. Mine was a silly radio time filler in comparison. Its apples & hand grenades!

It would be insane to equate what I did with anything that happens in prison. I am simply a free man in a radio studio that always tries to get inside the big issues. This is an ugly issue with no easy answers. But I now see it's easier for some to dismiss me than to do any real soul searching on this very heady issue.

http://www.mancow.com/blog?action=viewBlog&blogID=521421563598514252