PDA

View Full Version : why i dont like feminism/female empowerment

actsnoblemartin
06-01-2009, 11:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SZUi4L8SdM&feature=channel

because it says to women, get your self esteem from your looks, and how many men wanna fuck you

wow, what empowerment :coffee:

actsnoblemartin
06-01-2009, 11:10 PM
now thats sexy/a real woman

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yqsMbFEfCC4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yqsMbFEfCC4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zESbX277pEA

MtnBiker
06-01-2009, 11:14 PM
because it says to women, get your self esteem from your looks, and how many men wanna fuck you

here is some empowerment for you;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBj0a64wwY4

actsnoblemartin
06-01-2009, 11:17 PM
very funny, wise guy :coffee:

I prefer this

http://www.imeem.com/2011gb/music/-5TQw5oA/maria-mena-youre-the-only-one-acoustic/

or http://www.imeem.com/rock-chick-sweetnam/music/jc78m3Xl/skye-sweetnam-tangled-up-in-me/

or

actsnoblemartin
06-01-2009, 11:24 PM
http://www.imeem.com/people/dzaQHF/music/LaYn7azI/katy-rose-i-like/

actsnoblemartin
06-01-2009, 11:25 PM
how about addressing the original topic or do you not have the balls or intellect for that?

mr anti gay joke man :slap:

Abbey Marie
06-02-2009, 09:04 AM
how about addressing the original topic or do you not have the balls or intellect for that?

mr anti gay joke man :slap:

Martin, you sound just like Psycho here. I know you are better than that.

actsnoblemartin
06-02-2009, 11:13 AM
abbey :), psycho is a nice guy at heart.

well, I did over react a wee bit :slap:

Martin, you sound just like Psycho here. I know you are better than that.

MtnBiker
06-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Martin, you are an assuming prick. You showed us a behavior you disapprove of, I showed one you do approve of.

PostmodernProphet
06-02-2009, 01:01 PM

if true, that's a significant change from the feminism of the 60s......the exact opposite, actually......

Mr. P
06-02-2009, 02:02 PM
These women in the op probably make more $$$ in six months that anyone on this board makes in a yr..NOW THAT'S FEMALE EMPOWERMENT!!!

actsnoblemartin
06-02-2009, 06:29 PM
No, I acted like a prick.

I am not generally a prick, as most can attend too

and you did nothing, nothing to explain what the point of that video was.

good day sir

:salute:

Martin, you are an assuming prick. You showed us a behavior you disapprove of, I showed one you do approve of.

actsnoblemartin
06-02-2009, 06:31 PM
wait a minute, who said i approvate of that behavior?

I dont approve of any overtly sexual outward displays of behavior

men or women

you didnt explain why you put the video, and I OOOOOVER-Reacted.

sorry about that

I was :lame2:

actsnoblemartin
06-02-2009, 06:32 PM
Selling your soul for a buck, is not something I would do, but some people would I guess.

i.e. the women in the op

These women in the op probably make more $$$ in six months that anyone on this board makes in a yr..NOW THAT'S FEMALE EMPOWERMENT!!!

actsnoblemartin
06-02-2009, 06:32 PM
if true, that's a significant change from the feminism of the 60s......the exact opposite, actually......

so feminism wasnt always this bad?

Mr. P
06-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Selling your soul for a buck, is not something I would do, but some people would I guess.

i.e. the women in the op

They're not selling their soul, Martin. They're selling a fantasy..it's be the way of the world for a long long time, and it's profitable too.

chloe
06-02-2009, 07:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SZUi4L8SdM&feature=channel

I like empowerment tempered with good judgement and responsibility for anyone. I like some feminism, the kind that got women the right to vote and work outside the home. However, I don't like women who are unfair to men or blame everything on society being unfair to them just because they are female.

PostmodernProphet
06-02-2009, 09:10 PM

/shrugs.....I see no connection at all between feminism and this video.......

THIS is feminism....

http://www.mccullagh.org/db9/10d-14/feminist-majority-marchers.jpg

Mr. P
06-02-2009, 09:25 PM
/shrugs.....I see no connection at all between feminism and this video.......

THIS is feminism....

I'd say no it's not, PMP. I think there are as many men as women that support choice.

Now, lets not even go where yer heading. K? Cuz I won't, it'll destroy the thread.

PostmodernProphet
06-02-2009, 10:14 PM
I'd say no it's not, PMP. I think there are as many men as women that support choice.

Now, lets not even go where yer heading. K? Cuz I won't, it'll destroy the thread.

dude?....read their shirts.....

Mr. P
06-02-2009, 10:23 PM
dude?....read their shirts.....

I did...and the signs too.

Abbey Marie
06-02-2009, 11:15 PM

i.e. the women in the op

I would say they are spiritually lost. If that is the same as selling your soul, then we agree.

PostmodernProphet
06-03-2009, 06:17 AM
I did...and the signs too.

/shrugs....so these are feminists supporting abortion....they are still feminists.....

the girls in the opening post aren't....they are the antithesis of feminists.....

chloe
06-03-2009, 07:23 AM
/shrugs....so these are feminists supporting abortion....they are still feminists.....

the girls in the opening post aren't....they are the antithesis of feminists.....

I don't support abortion. I do support the death penalty on criminals, and I also support women having the right to vote & work outside the home. There are some feminist beliefs I agree with. Abortion is not one of them. I find I don't agree 100% with any politician or religion or activist group.

PostmodernProphet
06-03-2009, 10:02 AM
I'm not trying to turn this into an abortion thread....I'm just pointing out that the Pussycat Dolls are not feminists.....they are everything that feminists hate.....

gabosaurus
06-03-2009, 10:51 AM
Martin dear, would you mind explaining why you feel so threatened by strong women?
It is not the 1950s anymore. Women are complete equals with men in the modern world. We are not here just to have your kids, clean your house and serve you dinner anymore. We are strong leaders that run companies. We can give orders just as easy as we can receive them.

Martin, you need to understand that a modern relationship is a 50-50 proposition. There has to be give and take. You have to give to receive.

Trigg
06-03-2009, 12:02 PM

I do hope your kidding.

Feminism started because women wanted a choice. They wanted to be able to get a job in any field they chose, not just ones "for women" like nurses or secretaries. They wanted to be taken seriously as politicians and heads of companies.

Before the feminist movement women were expected to get married, take care of hubby and have kids. If they did go to work they were expected to not marry and definitely not have the distraction of children.

I think, like most groups, they've outlived their usefulness. They've turned against women who now choose to stay home and some tend to be anti-men.

actsnoblemartin
06-04-2009, 12:09 AM
perhaps I dont understand the difference between assertive and aggressive to be honest. and that is my failure in this circumstance. However I dont for a second suggest or want women, to be doormats who stay at home and have my kids.

just thoughts id put that out there.

I just dont like the modern under 30 female fashions, most of it is vulgar and disgusting with body parts hanging out, and way too much skin showing, even most people would agree with me to a point i think.

but yeah, im all for women working, being intelligent, kind, compassionate, strong people

Martin dear, would you mind explaining why you feel so threatened by strong women?
It is not the 1950s anymore. Women are complete equals with men in the modern world. We are not here just to have your kids, clean your house and serve you dinner anymore. We are strong leaders that run companies. We can give orders just as easy as we can receive them.

Martin, you need to understand that a modern relationship is a 50-50 proposition. There has to be give and take. You have to give to receive.

Abbey Marie
06-04-2009, 08:48 AM
perhaps I dont understand the difference between assertive and aggressive to be honest. and that is my failure in this circumstance. However I dont for a second suggest or want women, to be doormats who stay at home and have my kids.

just thoughts id put that out there.

I just dont like the modern under 30 female fashions, most of it is vulgar and disgusting with body parts hanging out, and way too much skin showing, even most people would agree with me to a point i think.

but yeah, im all for women working, being intelligent, kind, compassionate, strong people

Martin, there will always be skanks out there (unless the Muslims take over, that is). Some people really believe that any attention is good attention.

All we can do is be good examples and raise our daughters to respect themselves. My daughter is quite tall and lovely, and she dresses in current styles, but nothing is vulgar or hanging out. And she knows better than to wear words on her butt. Especially words like "Juicy". :)

gabosaurus
06-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Abbey is quite right (as usual). It all goes back to how kids are raised. Kids are bombarded with sexually charged TV programs, movies and other such media. They see celebrities such as Britney Spears and TV heroines dressed like that and want to emulate them.
The truth is, Martin, that you feel threatened by strong women. You want a submissive woman who is willing to allow you to make all the decisions.
For the most part, women are no longer willing to do that. We are as smart as you are, we can have careers and support our families.
And we leave it to you to wear stuff with "body parts" hanging out. :p

jackass
06-04-2009, 03:58 PM

Exactly Martin. They need to do the laundry too!

actsnoblemartin
06-04-2009, 10:34 PM
i may say or think that i want a submissive woman, but truly I cant make decisions to save my life half the time.

I think i need an equal partner, regardless

Abbey is quite right (as usual). It all goes back to how kids are raised. Kids are bombarded with sexually charged TV programs, movies and other such media. They see celebrities such as Britney Spears and TV heroines dressed like that and want to emulate them.
The truth is, Martin, that you feel threatened by strong women. You want a submissive woman who is willing to allow you to make all the decisions.
For the most part, women are no longer willing to do that. We are as smart as you are, we can have careers and support our families.
And we leave it to you to wear stuff with "body parts" hanging out. :p

chloe
06-04-2009, 11:16 PM
There are all kinds of women in the world. I see nothing wrong with a woman who wants to stay home and take care of her kids and keep the house clean and dote on her husband. But I also don't see anything wrong with a woman working a job and helping to pay the bills with her husband. I'm just glad in America that women have the right to vote and choose to stay home or work, and nowadays men have that option too. In other countries women are not so lucky.

actsnoblemartin
06-05-2009, 12:34 AM
and we should keep the pressure on those countries too, until they change

There are all kinds of women in the world. I see nothing wrong with a woman who wants to stay home and take care of her kids and keep the house clean and dote on her husband. But I also don't see anything wrong with a woman working a job and helping to pay the bills with her husband. I'm just glad in America that women have the right to vote and choose to stay home or work, and nowadays men have that option too. In other countries women are not so lucky.

PostmodernProphet
06-05-2009, 05:14 AM
and we should keep the pressure on those countries too, until they change

we export more videos of the Pussycat Dolls than we do lessons on morality.....