PDA

View Full Version : GA Denied Purging Voting Rolls OF Dead People and Illegals

red states rule
06-02-2009, 08:54 AM
Looks like the Obama Justice Dept is making sure Dems have a chance in future elections

They are making sure dead people and illegals will cast their votes for Dems

U.S. Justice Department rejects Georgia voter screening
9:41 am June 1, 2009, by Jim Galloway

snip

Secretary of State Karen Handel, a Republican candidate for governor, condemned the decision in a statement released this morning, saying it would open the floodgates to non-qualified voters. Handel also said the DOJ was a participant in the decision-making process that produced the program:

The decision by the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) to deny preclearance of Georgia’s already implemented citizenship verification process shows a shocking disregard for the integrity of our elections.

With this decision, DOJ has now barred Georgia from continuing the citizenship verification program that DOJ lawyers helped to craft. DOJ’s decision also nullifies the orders of two federal courts directing Georgia to implement the procedure for the 2008 general election.

The decision comes seven months after Georgia requested an expedited review of the preclearance submission.

DOJ has thrown open the door for activist organizations such as ACORN to register non-citizens to vote in Georgia’s elections, and the state has no ability to verify an applicant’s citizenship status or whether the individual even exists…. Clearly, politics took priority over common sense and good public policy.

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/2009/06/01/us-justice-department-rejects-georgia-voter-screening/

Mr. P
06-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Hummmmm...this must be why I received a request to update my address a few weeks ago.. They said if I didn't update or didn't vote in the next Gen election I'd be placed on an "Inactive" status...I thought they were just searching for the Jury duty duty pool.

Wild Bill
06-02-2009, 01:50 PM
This really does not supprise me. Georgia has got to be the worst run state in the Union.

Mr. P
06-02-2009, 02:12 PM
This really does not supprise me. Georgia has got to be the worst run state in the Union.

Goody fresh meat that DOESN'T HAVE READING COMPREHENSION! :eek:

Silver
06-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I sure hope this clown is a liberal...it would be embarrassing to have a Conservative that can't understand such a simple post....

Obama's U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) denied preclearance of Georgia’s already implemented citizenship verification process which shows a shocking disregard for the integrity of our elections.
Its hardly the fault of Georgia state government....

red states rule
06-02-2009, 10:30 PM
I sure hope this clown is a liberal...it would be embarrassing to have a Conservative that can't understand such a simple post....

Obama's U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) denied preclearance of Georgia’s already implemented citizenship verification process which shows a shocking disregard for the integrity of our elections.
Its hardly the fault of Georgia state government....

Or gasp - Virgil yet under another name? :laugh2:

Jeff
06-02-2009, 10:41 PM

OOO man is that a slam, lol, calling the poor guy Virgil, lol

Mr. P
06-02-2009, 10:42 PM

:laugh2: Could be, that post fits Virgil so well.

red states rule
06-02-2009, 10:44 PM
OOO man is that a slam, lol, calling the poor guy Virgil, lol

True. One time Virgil stuck his head out of the window to yell at the paperboy for missing the front porch, and he was arrested for mooning

red states rule
06-02-2009, 10:45 PM

We can only hope it was a mistake on the part of a newbie.

Jeff
06-02-2009, 10:47 PM
True. One time Virgil stuck his head out of the window to yell at the paperboy for missing the front porch, and he was arrested for mooning

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I owe ya, lol, you know the drill

Jeff
06-02-2009, 10:49 PM

Yes it does Mr. P, but I am sure it was a simple mistake :eek:

red states rule
06-02-2009, 11:00 PM

There is absolutely no reason whatsoever why voters should not be required to identify themselves as legitimate voters. None! Except for reasons of perpetrating fraud. Any legitimate voter would be glad to have an ID and show it when voting. This is merely a way for Dems to steal elections with the blessing of the Obama Justice Dept

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 06:07 AM
from the link:

"We have considered the accuracy of the state’s verification process. Our analysis shows that the state’s process does not produce accurate and reliable information and that thousands of citizens who are in fact eligible to vote under Georgia law have been flagged….

An error as simple as transposition of one digit of a driver[s] license can lead to an erroneous notation of a non-match…..

….Although the state has not provided data on the racial and language minority characteristics of all registrants whose applications went through the verification process, we have been able to compare the composition of those persons whom the state has flagged for further inquiry because of a non-match with both the composition of newly registered voters in the state and the composition of existing registered voters….

Applicants who are Hispanic, Asian or African-American are more likely than white applicants, to statistically significant degrees, to be flagged for additional scrutiny…."

It seems clear that if the program fixed it's discriminatory biases, it would be allowed to be used.

red states rule
06-03-2009, 06:24 AM
from the link:

"We have considered the accuracy of the state’s verification process. Our analysis shows that the state’s process does not produce accurate and reliable information and that thousands of citizens who are in fact eligible to vote under Georgia law have been flagged….

An error as simple as transposition of one digit of a driver[s] license can lead to an erroneous notation of a non-match…..

….Although the state has not provided data on the racial and language minority characteristics of all registrants whose applications went through the verification process, we have been able to compare the composition of those persons whom the state has flagged for further inquiry because of a non-match with both the composition of newly registered voters in the state and the composition of existing registered voters….

Applicants who are Hispanic, Asian or African-American are more likely than white applicants, to statistically significant degrees, to be flagged for additional scrutiny…."

It seems clear that if the program fixed it's discriminatory biases, it would be allowed to be used.

It's possible that no incorrect rejections occurred.

It's possible that some occurred.

It's unlikely that many occurred; as, SSNs are required of every citizen - by US law.

It's also unlikely that very many voting age people lack valid identification such as drivers licenses.

It's time we started expecting major government decisions to be based on fact and not speculation.

However the Obama administration must protect all those illegal immigrants and dead people voting for Democrats. Acorn's job of registering ineligible voters just got easier.

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 06:30 AM
again:

"Applicants who are Hispanic, Asian or African-American are more likely than white applicants, to statistically significant degrees, to be flagged for additional scrutiny…."

that seems pretty clear

red states rule
06-03-2009, 06:33 AM
again:

"Applicants who are Hispanic, Asian or African-American are more likely than white applicants, to statistically significant degrees, to be flagged for additional scrutiny…."

that seems pretty clear

So? statistically significant degrees"? "If they are illegals, or do not have valid SS numbers - it is not the responsibility of the state to proof who they are.

However the Obama administration must protect all those illegal immigrants and dead people voting for Democrats. Acorn's job of registering ineligible voters just got easier.

Obama is out to protect key voting blcoks gor himself and his party

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 06:36 AM
fix the discriminatory aspects of the screening process and it will be approved.

red states rule
06-03-2009, 06:39 AM
fix the discriminatory aspects of the screening process and it will be approved.

Only to Dems would it be "discriminatory" to purge dead people and illegals from the voting rolls - and demand people provide an ID at the polls. Without their votes, it would make winning the election more difficult

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 07:13 AM
Only to Dems would it be "discriminatory" to purge dead people and illegals from the voting rolls - and demand people provide an ID at the polls. Without their votes, it would make winning the election more difficult

let me ask you a simple question:

did you READ the entire six page DOJ letter that was in your original linked article?

I did.

red states rule
06-03-2009, 07:17 AM
let me ask you a simple question:

did you READ the entire six page DOJ letter that was in your original linked article?

I did.

Yes I did V. You must consider the source of the ruling, AG Holder is on the record saying Americans are COWARDS when it comes to race. For years Dems have fought GA's desire to have voters show a picture ID. Even when the ID is provided FREE

Dems have never explained why it is "discriminatory" for people to produce a picture ID when they vote?

BTW, verifiing state voter roles is not a Fed issue and it is a states issue.

States conduct the elections and the states have say over who votes. But this is not surprising coming from the Obama administration which is out to contorl every aspect of opur lives and expand the power and scope of the federal government are far as they can as quickly as they can

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 07:23 AM
Yes I did V. You must consider the source of the ruling, AG Holder is on the record saying Americans are COWARDS when it comes to race. For years Dems have fought GA's desire to have voters show a picture ID. Even when the ID is provided FREE

Dems have never explained why it is "discriminatory" for people to produce a picture ID when they vote?

BTW, verifiing state voter roles is not a Fed issue and it is a states issue.

States conduct the elections and the states have say over who votes. But this is not surprising coming from the Obama administration which is out to contorl every aspect of opur lives and expand the power and scope of the federal government are far as they can as quickly as they can

if you read the entire letter, can you give me a specific quote from that letter that specifically illustrates a faulty conclusion on the part of the DOJ in this matter?

red states rule
06-03-2009, 07:27 AM
if you read the entire letter, can you give me a specific quote from that letter that specifically illustrates a faulty conclusion on the part of the DOJ in this matter?

Tap dancing already? :laugh2:

The Obama Justice made theior motives clear - keep as many dead people and illegals on the voting rolls as possible

So what if this is a states issue? The Constitution and the law are ignored by this adminsiatration since day one - so why follow them now?

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 07:28 AM
Tap dancing already? :laugh2:

The Obama Justice made theior motives clear - keep as many dead people and illegals on the voting rolls as possible

So what if this is a states issue? The Constitution and the law are ignored by this adminsiatration since day one - so why follow them now?

you claim that you read the letter. can you show me one claim from that letter that was faulty? It is a simple question.

red states rule
06-03-2009, 07:30 AM
you claim that you read the letter. can you show me one claim from that letter that was faulty? It is a simple question.

It is faulty because is it based on "what if's" and alot of possibilities

Again, it is a states rights issue, and why have Dems always opposed voters showing a photo ID at the polls?

Would it hamper ACORN form getting "voters" to the polls?

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 07:34 AM
It is faulty because is it based on "what if's" and alot of possibilities

Again, it is a states rights issue, and why have Dems always opposed voters showing a photo ID at the polls?

Would it hamper ACORN form getting "voters" to the polls?

I disagree. Please quote me a "what if" or "possibility" in that letter. I saw none. It seems to me that it shows that the GA system does NOT meet the requirements of HAVA 2002.

red states rule
06-03-2009, 07:38 AM
I disagree. Please quote me a "what if" or "possibility" in that letter. I saw none. It seems to me that it shows that the GA system does NOT meet the requirements of HAVA 2002.

Read your OWN post # 14

You seem to be a One Trick Pony this morning. Why are you stuck only on this thread and not defending Obama on GM, the $70 billion the taxpayers have lost , his rookie kid pick to "dismantal" the company, Kerry' tax issue, terrorists given lap tops, and how the voters oppose the closing of GITMO?

There are many other threads you can spin on, and try to explain how great a job your party is doing

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 07:43 AM
Read your OWN post # 14

You seem to be a One Trick Pony this morning. Why are you stuck only on this thread and not defending Obama on GM, the $70 billion the taxpayers have lost , his rookie kid pick to "dismantal" the company, Kerry' tax issue, terrorists given lap tops, and how the voters oppose the closing of GITMO?

There are many other threads you can spin on, and try to explain how great a job your party is doing

post 14 does not mention what ifs or possibilities. If you read the letter, as you claim you did, you should be able to show me where the DOJ misinterpreted the requirements of the Help America Vote Act of 2002. Your continued refusal to do so casts doubt on that "claim".

red states rule
06-03-2009, 07:46 AM
post 14 does not mention what ifs or possibilities. If you read the letter, as you claim you did, you should be able to show me where the DOJ misinterpreted the requirements of the Help America Vote Act of 2002. Your continued refusal to do so casts doubt on that "claim".

From your own post V

from the link:

Again, it is what if's

So now in the Obamanation it is racist for voters to have to prove they are leagally able to cast a vote

Keep bieng a one trick pony V - if I was such a rabid Obama supporters as you are I would stay away from the above mentioned threads as well

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 07:52 AM
From your own post V

from the link:

Again, it is what if's

So now in the Obamanation it is racist for voters to have to prove they are leagally able to cast a vote

Keep bieng a one trick pony V - if I was such a rabid Obama supporters as you are I would stay away from the above mentioned threads as well

both of those errors are legitimate problems... did you read the letter? Clearly you didn't.

Nowhere does the DOJ letter say that it is racist to have voters prove their identity... it says that the GA methodology is discriminatory, and it clearly explains how it came to that conclusion. If you had read the letter, you would know that.

red states rule
06-03-2009, 07:55 AM
both of those errors are legitimate problems... did you read the letter? Clearly you didn't.

Nowhere does the DOJ letter say that it is racist to have voters prove their identity... it says that the GA methodology is discriminatory, and it clearly explains how it came to that conclusion. If you had read the letter, you would know that.

Legit problems IF they occur.

Dems have opposed and blocked all attempts to make showing an ID at the polls the law.

Bottom line is, the Obama administration is preventing a state from doing something it is supposed to do - make sure only legal voters voters

Something that Dems have and always will fight

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 08:00 AM
Legit problems IF they occur.

Dems have opposed and blocked all attempts to make showing an ID at the polls the law.

Bottom line is, the Obama administration is preventing a state from doing something it is supposed to do - make sure only legal voters voters

Something that Dems have and always will fight

the DOJ letter clearly states that they DID occur. Clearly, you did not read the DOJ letter.

red states rule
06-03-2009, 08:05 AM
the DOJ letter clearly states that they DID occur. Clearly, you did not read the DOJ letter.

I did read it V - and the "Justice" Dept is worried about what might happen and not what happened

Anything to keep those Dems voters voting

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 08:37 AM
I did read it V - and the "Justice" Dept is worried about what might happen and not what happened

Anything to keep those Dems voters voting

you are wrong. they clearly laid out actual faults in the GA system. you obviously only read the blogger who wrote ABOUT the letter and did not, yourself, read the DOJ letter. Do that and get back to me.

emmett
06-03-2009, 08:45 AM
you are wrong. they clearly laid out actual faults in the GA system. you obviously only read the blogger who wrote ABOUT the letter and did not, yourself, read the DOJ letter. Do that and get back to me.

:lol:

we don't want legit voters determining our elected reps do we.

red states rule
06-03-2009, 08:58 AM

I guess V believes, like his party leaders, they can't win with just legit voters voting

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 09:29 AM

of course we do.

we don't want our elected officials disenfranchising legitimate voters, do we?

Read the DOJ letter in its entirely. I dare you to. And then I dare you to tell me specifically where they erred in their decision.

red states rule
06-03-2009, 09:31 AM
of course we do.

Read the DOJ letter in its entirely. I dare you to. And then I dare you to tell me specifically where they erred in their decision.

Allowing illegals, dead, and fraudulengt voters to vote is disenfranchising legal voters

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 09:37 AM
Allowing illegals, dead, and fraudulengt voters to vote is disenfranchising legal voters

Where does the DOJ letter stop GA from stopping voter fraud?

Again...I dare you... read the DOJ letter in its entirely and then tell me, specifically, where they erred in their decision.

red states rule
06-03-2009, 09:40 AM
Where does the DOJ letter stop GA from stopping voter fraud?

Again...I dare you... read the DOJ letter in its entirely and then tell me, specifically, where they erred in their decision.

You are still ducking the issue Virgil - The Obama DOJ does not want the state of GA to ensure only legal voters vote

Dems do want illegals, dead, and created voters to vote so the Dems chances of winning is increased

BTW, are you ever going to expand your horizons and talk about the Obama economy, GM, Kerry the tax cheat, and other threads?

Or are you ignoring all the "change" like other Obama supporters? :laugh2:

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 09:50 AM
You are still ducking the issue Virgil - The Obama DOJ does not want the state of GA to ensure only legal voters vote

Dems do want illegals, dead, and created voters to vote so the Dems chances of winning is increased

BTW, are you ever going to expand your horizons and talk about the Obama economy, GM, Kerry the tax cheat, and other threads?

Or are you ignoring all the "change" like other Obama supporters? :laugh2:

I am ducking nothing. YOU posted the link. I read the letter. I am asking you to show me, in that letter, where the DOJ erred in its findings. YOU cannot do that. YOU are the one who is ducking the tough questions.

When you want to answer it, we can continue... but I refuse to keep trying to carry on a discussion with someone who is so non-responsive.

red states rule
06-03-2009, 09:51 AM
I am ducking nothing. YOU posted the link. I read the letter. I am asking you to show me, in that letter, where the DOJ erred in its findings. YOU cannot do that. YOU are the one who is ducking the tough questions.

When you want to answer it, we can continue... but I refuse to keep trying to carry on a discussion with someone who is so non-responsive.

More like you refuse to carry on a discussion with anyone who has facts when all you have are what if's and approved liberal talking points

Have a good day V - or in your case - as good a day as you can have :laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
06-03-2009, 09:56 AM
from the link:

I am puzzled why they think Hispanic, Asian or African-American voters are more likely to have one digit transpositions on their driver's license numbers....is dyslexia a racially affected trait?......

emmett
06-03-2009, 09:59 AM
of course we do.

Despite anything the decision said, I think identification verification is necessary! PERIOD.

You do believe I have a right to my own opinion don't you. Or would I think that you believe all courts decisions should never be challenged by thinkers.

There is only one way to establish legitimacy of a voter. Identification. Anything else is merely a ploy to stack the deck in favor of Liberal candidates. As we all know, Conservatives need no assistance in this manner to win elections. Only Democrats endorse this practice of illegal registrations and voters. That way their mission bus arrivals, dead citizens and ACORN products can sway elections. Given these numbers, added to homos, college kids who have never paid a tax dollar and liberal loons, I would doubt more than a percentage point or two of the population actually votes Liberal. The unemployed, welfare rats and baby's daddies mamas make up the rest of what just elected a president.

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 10:40 AM
More like you refuse to carry on a discussion with anyone who has facts when all you have are what if's and approved liberal talking points

Have a good day V - or in your case - as good a day as you can have :laugh2:

you are the one who made a claim about the Obama administration's Department of Justice. You are the one who posted a link that contained the DOJ letter to the GA Atty General. I asked you to show me where, specifically, in that letter, the DOJ erred in any way. You are unable to do so. Please let me know if that ever changes.

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 10:41 AM
I am puzzled why they think Hispanic, Asian or African-American voters are more likely to have one digit transpositions on their driver's license numbers....is dyslexia a racially affected trait?......

Did you READ the six page DOJ letter or not?

PostmodernProphet
06-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Did you READ the six page DOJ letter or not?

???...I don't need to read the letter to ask the question I asked....do you need to read it to answer it?.....I took my question from YOUR quote of the letter......

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 12:36 PM
???...I don't need to read the letter to ask the question I asked....do you need to read it to answer it?.....I took my question from YOUR quote of the letter......

I actually have never quoted the letter, but quoted RSR's blog who did quote the letter. I have read the letter in its entirety. The source of the errors in digit transposition is never attributed to the voter directly but could very well be the result of data entry error on the part of GA government clerks. the GA system requires total match between first name, last name, date of birth, driver's license number and last four of the SSN... any discrepancy will kick the name out and the system will then direct the voter to appear at the country court house at a specific time and date during the work week - with only three days notice - to clear up the discrepancy. the DOJ found that blacks were 60% more likely to be flagged and made to take this extra step in order to be able to vote. The DOJ also found that many of the errors were in the state's driver's license data base which failed to accurately note the native born status of many blacks who were able to clear up the discrepancy with the production of a birth certificate... many other individuals, and disproportionately minorities, were required to take the additional step - during the work week - because the driver's license database did not note otherwise documented changes to naturalization status.

Read the letter. It's pretty interesting, and it clearly does NOT try to dump the GA system so that democrats can win elections there, as RSR has asserted.

PostmodernProphet
06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
The source of the errors in digit transposition is never attributed to the voter directly but could very well be the result of data entry error on the part of GA government clerks......the DOJ found that blacks were 60% more likely to be flagged and made to take this extra step in order to be able to vote.

ah, so the government clerks were discriminating by making transcription errors more frequently when typing in black's numbers?.........you realize what a crock that sounds like, don't you?.....

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 03:01 PM
ah, so the government clerks were discriminating by making transcription errors more frequently when typing in black's numbers?.........you realize what a crock that sounds like, don't you?.....

that was not the sole source of the problems. Did you READ the letter?

oh...and shoddy out of context edited quote.... I am disappointed.

Mr. P
06-03-2009, 03:06 PM
Approximately 60% of Ga voters are Black so it's logical a higher number of Black voters would be culled from the voter rolls vs whites..Get over yer lame as racist BS, Virgil.

Insein
06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Page 2 of the DOJ document.

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/files/2009/06/georgia-signed-objection-letter.pdf

"...HAVA provides that for a state that does not require a full SSN, it cannot accept or process an application for voter registration unless the applicant provides a Driver's License number, or in the absence of such a number, the last 4 digits of the SSN."

"...HAVA next provides for the attempted verification of these these types of numbers and accompanying identification information, such as name and DOB, through the use of either the state driver's license agency database or the Social Security Administration database."

So according to the letter, Georgia is using the correct methods to verify identity. Later in the letter, it states that a disproportionate number of those that were flagged were of minorities. It also states that a disproportionate number that were flagged had the information filled out incorrectly, ie "transposition of one number on a driver's license can lead to an erroneus notation."

Is it the fault then of the state government that by following their steps in flagging erroneus applications a disproportion number of minorities can not fill out the form properly?

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 03:27 PM
Page 2 of the DOJ document.

http://blogs.ajc.com/political-insider-jim-galloway/files/2009/06/georgia-signed-objection-letter.pdf

"...HAVA provides that for a state that does not require a full SSN, it cannot accept or process an application for voter registration unless the applicant provides a Driver's License number, or in the absence of such a number, the last 4 digits of the SSN."

"...HAVA next provides for the attempted verification of these these types of numbers and accompanying identification information, such as name and DOB, through the use of either the state driver's license agency database or the Social Security Administration database."

So according to the letter, Georgia is using the correct methods to verify identity. Later in the letter, it states that a disproportionate number of those that were flagged were of minorities. It also states that a disproportionate number that were flagged had the information filled out incorrectly, ie "transposition of one number on a driver's license can lead to an erroneus notation."

Is it the fault then of the state government that by following their steps in flagging erroneus applications a disproportion number of minorities can not fill out the form properly?

you assume - with no basis in fact - that the minorities filling out the forms were responsible for the transposition. how racist of you! ;)

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Approximately 60% of Ga voters are Black so it's logical a higher number of Black voters would be culled from the voter rolls vs whites..Get over yer lame as racist BS, Virgil.

Mr. Pee....have YOU read the DOJ letter? yes or no

Mr. P
06-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Mr. Pee....have YOU read the DOJ letter? yes or no

Yeah and I know the State and the politics of a simple FREE photo ID and all the BS claims that go with how unfair and racist it is..do you? I doubt it.

Insein
06-03-2009, 03:58 PM
you assume - with no basis in fact - that the minorities filling out the forms were responsible for the transposition. how racist of you! ;)

Basing it merely on the "data" they provided (which is not present in the letter by there own admission), the flagged individuals were flagged based on the correct criteria according to the HAVA. It just happened to coincide that a "statistically significant amount" happened to be minorities according to the report. They never said that Georgia did anything wrong. So with that conclusion, the DOJ is assuming Georgia is racist by following the standards of the law.

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 07:18 PM
Yeah and I know the State and the politics of a simple FREE photo ID and all the BS claims that go with how unfair and racist it is..do you? I doubt it.

I have no problems with a free ID, and I never have. The letter does not go into that issue, but stays strictly with problems in the two reports and it seems to me that if GA were to address those problems and fix them, that there would be no further objections from the DOJ.

Jeff
06-03-2009, 07:52 PM
I have no problems with a free ID, and I never have. The letter does not go into that issue, but stays strictly with problems in the two reports and it seems to me that if GA were to address those problems and fix them, that there would be no further objections from the DOJ.

I want to just pop in for a second and tell Virgil hello, missed ya buddy, lol

Damn I meant to agree not disagree, LOL

PostmodernProphet
06-03-2009, 07:54 PM
oh...and shoddy out of context edited quote.... I am disappointed.

lol....I'm sorry you didn't like the way YOUR quote was edited......

PostmodernProphet
06-03-2009, 08:16 PM
okay, I just finished reading the six page letter from the DOJ......(thus eliminating the only argument MD has been able to raise in defense).....this is what I found....

the DOJ objects to the following procedures.....if a voter registration is filed based upon identification (SS#, driver's license #, etc) and the number on the application does not match the data base for SS or driver's licenses, the application is flagged for verification.....if the voter cannot provide verification, the registration is disqualified.....

the DOJ notes that 14% of applicants are able to provide the necessary verification.....the presumption that must follow is that 86% are not able to provide the necessary verification.....

the DOJ concludes the process is faulty because a disproportionate percentage of that 86% are minorities....

however, there are only two ways to look at this result.....either a disproportionate percentage of blacks, hispanics and asians are victims of SS and driver's license data base errors......or, a disproportionate percentage of voter registrations submitted for blacks, hispanics and asians are fraudulantly submitted.....

those familiar with the registration techniques of ACORN might assume the latter....for some reason the DOJ has assumed the former.....

moderate democrat
06-03-2009, 08:46 PM
okay, I just finished reading the six page letter from the DOJ......(thus eliminating the only argument MD has been able to raise in defense).....this is what I found....

the DOJ objects to the following procedures.....if a voter registration is filed based upon identification (SS#, driver's license #, etc) and the number on the application does not match the data base for SS or driver's licenses, the application is flagged for verification.....if the voter cannot provide verification, the registration is disqualified.....

the DOJ notes that 14% of applicants are able to provide the necessary verification.....the presumption that must follow is that 86% are not able to provide the necessary verification.....

the DOJ concludes the process is faulty because a disproportionate percentage of that 86% are minorities....

however, there are only two ways to look at this result.....either a disproportionate percentage of blacks, hispanics and asians are victims of SS and driver's license data base errors......or, a disproportionate percentage of voter registrations submitted for blacks, hispanics and asians are fraudulantly submitted.....

those familiar with the registration techniques of ACORN might assume the latter....for some reason the DOJ has assumed the former.....

you obviously missed the clear distinction between citizenship and non-citizenship verification.... so reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits.

I'll remember that going forward.

Mr. P
06-03-2009, 09:25 PM
you obviously missed the clear distinction between citizenship and non-citizenship verification.... so reading comprehension is not one of your strong suits.

I'll remember that going forward.

Ck the last paragraph on page two Mr. comprehension.

emmett
06-03-2009, 09:31 PM
I actually have never quoted the letter, but quoted RSR's blog who did quote the letter. I have read the letter in its entirety. The source of the errors in digit transposition is never attributed to the voter directly but could very well be the result of data entry error on the part of GA government clerks. the GA system requires total match between first name, last name, date of birth, driver's license number and last four of the SSN... any discrepancy will kick the name out and the system will then direct the voter to appear at the country court house at a specific time and date during the work week - with only three days notice - to clear up the discrepancy. the DOJ found that blacks were 60% more likely to be flagged and made to take this extra step in order to be able to vote. The DOJ also found that many of the errors were in the state's driver's license data base which failed to accurately note the native born status of many blacks who were able to clear up the discrepancy with the production of a birth certificate... many other individuals, and disproportionately minorities, were required to take the additional step - during the work week - because the driver's license database did not note otherwise documented changes to naturalization status.

Read the letter. It's pretty interesting, and it clearly does NOT try to dump the GA system so that democrats can win elections there, as RSR has asserted.

Typographical errors are something that just happens. For instance a person could have a credit card pin # transcribed wrong and it prevent them from usiong it until it is cleared up. It could set off a chain reaction resulting in them not being able to use any of their cards if the person perhaps forgot their usual pin number or it got changed somehow.

Mistakes are mistakes. Any voter could get it cleared up in say...a few days. Basing a qualifying purpose of why one should not haver to prove who they are in oprder to vote in wrong. A person shopuld have simple, easy to acquire ID in order to vote. Otherwise what is to stop just anyone from voting. That would be bad security but then again our new administration is destined for that huh? I meran less than 120 days and we have already had an act of terrorism carried out against soldiers on our soil by a "known" terrorist in Little Rock.

ID is for ID! If you don't think ID should be required then I assume you agree we should not have SSN's either right.

PostmodernProphet
06-03-2009, 11:14 PM

???....as debate would not be one of yours?....I missed nothing.....I would say its up to you to extend an argument stronger than "you didn't read it" at this point.....

and why would we need "non-citizenship verification".....no non-citizens can vote.....

red states rule
06-04-2009, 06:18 AM
If a voter can’t prove that they are a citizen then they should not be allowed to vote. Period.

It seems that only one party is concerned with voter fraud - and is not the Dem party. Why is that?

moderate democrat
06-04-2009, 06:48 AM
If a voter can’t prove that they are a citizen then they should not be allowed to vote. Period.

I agree completely. I do NOT think that they should be forced to prove their citizenship with only three days notice and be forced to leave their place of employment during working hours without adaquate time to arrange approved time off to do so. Do you?

PostmodernProphet
06-04-2009, 07:31 AM
I agree completely. I do NOT think that they should be forced to prove their citizenship with only three days notice and be forced to leave their place of employment during working hours without adaquate time to arrange approved time off to do so. Do you?

????....once they have their proof, whether it be the correct SS# or driver's license#, they could go to the courthouse anytime they want and register to vote....they aren't limited to three days......

PostmodernProphet
06-04-2009, 07:38 AM
still waiting for your response on this, MD....

moderate democrat
06-04-2009, 08:07 AM
????....once they have their proof, whether it be the correct SS# or driver's license#, they could go to the courthouse anytime they want and register to vote....they aren't limited to three days......

from the DOJ letter:

"Under the state's proposed procedures, pursuant to state law, local election officials can require those individuals also to appear at the county courthouse or office building, not at the voter's convenience, but rather, on a week day, during normal business hours and, pursuant to state law, with only three days notice."

red states rule
06-04-2009, 08:10 AM
from the DOJ letter:

"Under the state's proposed procedures, pursuant to state law, local election officials can require those individuals also to appear at the county courthouse or office building, not at the voter's convenience, but rather, on a week day, during normal business hours and, pursuant to state law, with only three days notice."

Why would it be so hard for someone to prove they are legal citizens, if they already went thriough the procedures to become a legal resident. It is not like they threw out their papers when thye got home from the swearing in

Now it is clear why Dems pushed for Motor Voter. What better way to get illegals registered to vote - then they block all attempts to get them off the voter rolls

Again,i t seems that only one party is concerned with voter fraud - and is not the Dem party. Why is that?

moderate democrat
06-04-2009, 08:10 AM
still waiting for your response on this, MD....

because YOU decree that there are only two ways to look at an issue does not limit everyone's vision.... only your own.

moderate democrat
06-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Why would it be so hard for someone to prove they are legal citizens, if they already went thriough the procedures to become a legal resident. It is not like they threw out their papers when thye got home from the swearing in

Now it is clear why Dems pushed for Motor Voter. What better way to get illegals registered to vote - then they block all attempts to get them off the voter rolls

Again,i t seems that only one party is concerned with voter fraud - and is not the Dem party. Why is that?

PMP suggested that people could come into the courthouse anytime... I showed that, according to the DOJ letter, that was incorrect. Do you disagree?

emmett
06-04-2009, 08:40 AM
If you want to go to the doctor for a routine check up it is likely that you will have to do this during a normal weekday (workday). People find a way to do this twicew a year would it be illogical to think that under the VERY UNLIKELY event that their voter information was typographically inaccurate that they could spend a few minutes to do the same.

Voters recieve a voter registration card in the mail. The time to check for innacurate info is then. That leaves plenty of time to have it corrected should there be a problem.

This is a weak argument MD. There is no great imposition placed on a citizen to provide identification to vote. Thats all there is to it. The fact that liberal judges are going out of their way to insure lax verification procedures be law clearly shows an intent to stack the deck for Liberal candidates. Its a clear picture, one just has to look at it.

PostmodernProphet
06-04-2009, 10:05 AM
from the DOJ letter:

from reality.....if they obtain the evidence six weeks later and schedule a trip to the courthouse on their day off they can register then......thus, they aren't limited to three days.....assuming the court house is closed on weekends, they are limited to 260 days a year......

PostmodernProphet
06-04-2009, 10:07 AM
PMP suggested that people could come into the courthouse anytime... I showed that, according to the DOJ letter, that was incorrect. Do you disagree?

yes.....because the DOJ letter (and you) ignore the fact they can always go in and reregister whenever they obtain the proof.....nowhere are you limited to trying to register once in your lifetime.....

emmett
06-04-2009, 10:08 AM
yes.....because the DOJ letter (and you) ignore the fact they can always go in and reregister whenever they obtain the proof.....nowhere are you limited to trying to register once in your lifetime.....

Sir....you are wasting your time!:laugh2:

PostmodernProphet
06-04-2009, 10:09 AM
because YOU decree that there are only two ways to look at an issue does not limit everyone's vision.... only your own.

well, apparently you aren't bright enough to think of a third option either.....or you would have stated it......assuming my two options, then, are the only two that ANYONE can look at it, which do you think is true here?.....are state employees dyslexically racist?.......or does ACORN fuck up lots of applications.......

PostmodernProphet
06-04-2009, 10:15 AM
Let's approach this from a different direction.....we know from convictions of record that ACORN volunteers have filed fraudulent voter registrations.....

what steps would YOU consider satisfactory to identify and separate the false registrations from the good ones and remove them from the rolls?......

(to be honest, my presumption is that the vast majority of the 86% of applications that weren't verified were ACORN registrations of non-existent voters)

emmett
06-04-2009, 10:22 AM
well, apparently you aren't bright enough to think of a third option either.....or you would have stated it......assuming my two options, then, are the only two that ANYONE can look at it, which do you think is true here?.....are state employees dyslexically racist?.......or does ACORN fuck up lots of applications.......

Well....we could be saying that state employees are just not capable of getting all the way through the entry of one single line item to place the information on the list of qualified voters without fucking it up.

The whole issue is futile. Identification is not a big deal. We have to provide it on everything we do. It is simply that democrats realize it siderails their best means of representation. ACORN counts on the ignorance of the voting process to set up their fake id's and the like. It's funny how it is Democrats who use this tactic...not Conservatives to bring folks to the voting booths.

PostmodernProphet
06-04-2009, 01:08 PM
Well....we could be saying that state employees are just not capable of getting all the way through the entry of one single line item to place the information on the list of qualified voters without fucking it up. .

not logical....if that were the problem it should apply proportionately to all registrations......apparently, they are only incompetent when processing black voter's registrations......

emmett
06-04-2009, 01:29 PM
not logical....if that were the problem it should apply proportionately to all registrations......apparently, they are only incompetent when processing black voter's registrations......

Precisely! It's funny that the race of people who have made more progress than any other in America over 40 years would allow it to be noted that they were incapable of seeing to their own voter registration.

If I were a black I would consider it an insult by white liberals that I could not take care of my own business. But then given the record of white liberals using blacks as fools on the voting block I guess it is par for the course.

White liberals use blacks! Gee....that could be considered as racist. Looks like Democrats are returning to their roots like in the sixties when they had seperate water fountains. I think most forget that it was Republicans who fought against this tyranny and equal treatment for blacks. Abe Lincoln was a Republican. George Wallace was a democrat.

Your thoughts MD.

PostmodernProphet
06-04-2009, 03:13 PM
If I were a black I would consider it an insult by white liberals that I could not take care of my own business. But then given the record of white liberals using blacks as fools on the voting block I guess it is par for the course.

not only that, but I bet you a nickel that the districts which seem to have these problems of not properly processing black applications are primarily run by city and county officials of (drumroll, please) the Democratic Party......

red states rule
06-05-2009, 06:30 AM
Typographical errors are something that just happens. For instance a person could have a credit card pin # transcribed wrong and it prevent them from usiong it until it is cleared up. It could set off a chain reaction resulting in them not being able to use any of their cards if the person perhaps forgot their usual pin number or it got changed somehow.

Mistakes are mistakes. Any voter could get it cleared up in say...a few days. Basing a qualifying purpose of why one should not haver to prove who they are in oprder to vote in wrong. A person shopuld have simple, easy to acquire ID in order to vote. Otherwise what is to stop just anyone from voting. That would be bad security but then again our new administration is destined for that huh? I meran less than 120 days and we have already had an act of terrorism carried out against soldiers on our soil by a "known" terrorist in Little Rock.

ID is for ID! If you don't think ID should be required then I assume you agree we should not have SSN's either right.

Valid point Emmett. I have forgotten my pin number, and my password at work to access the network

Bottom line is, Dems are determined to get as many people to vote as possoble. So what if they are not US citizens, have been dead for years, or are made up out of thin air?

As long as Dems win and gain more power - the ends justify the means

emmett
06-05-2009, 09:21 AM
not only that, but I bet you a nickel that the districts which seem to have these problems of not properly processing black applications are primarily run by city and county officials of (drumroll, please) the Democratic Party......

Now ...THAT...is a politically insensative, mean spirited and politically incorrect statement.

:clap:

red states rule
06-05-2009, 09:23 AM

Now ...THAT...is a politically insensative, mean spirited and politically incorrect statement.

and that is what makes it a great post

Give that poster some rep!

Mr. P
06-05-2009, 09:29 AM

But 100% correct!! And they're minorities too!