PDA

View Full Version : I am such a wuss!

jimnyc
06-03-2009, 07:30 PM
Tonight the 3rd grade put on a concert at my son's grammar school. The majority of it was the music teacher playing the piano while the children played their "recorders" (not sure why they call them that when they look like plastic flutes to me).

Then they put the recorders away and sang 5 songs. They did "I'm a believer" by the Monkees. They sang "My heart will go on" which I believe is the song from the Titanic movie and I have no idea who sings it. I didn't know 2 of the songs.

The last song of the evening was "God Bless America" and the kids were absolutely fantastic. They held a perfect tune and got progressively louder at just the right moments. I love that song so much, and watching these little kids sing this song in front of a large crowd brought some tears to my eyes. I'm glad I couldn't find a seat and stood by the doorway, this way I was able to "hide" a little when they completed and was all better before everyone was done clapping and gave them a standing ovation.

chloe
06-03-2009, 07:32 PM
Sounds wonderful, I loved watching my kids in plays when they were little. It was so fun and cute. Those are moments to cherish !

Jeff
06-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Tonight the 3rd grade put on a concert at my son's grammar school. The majority of it was the music teacher playing the piano while the children played their "recorders" (not sure why they call them that when they look like plastic flutes to me).

Then they put the recorders away and sang 5 songs. They did "I'm a believer" by the Monkees. They sang "My heart will go on" which I believe is the song from the Titanic movie and I have no idea who sings it. I didn't know 2 of the songs.

The last song of the evening was "God Bless America" and the kids were absolutely fantastic. They held a perfect tune and got progressively louder at just the right moments. I love that song so much, and watching these little kids sing this song in front of a large crowd brought some tears to my eyes. I'm glad I couldn't find a seat and stood by the doorway, this way I was able to "hide" a little when they completed and was all better before everyone was done clapping and gave them a standing ovation.

Jim kids are wonderful, so Innocent and cute, when my brats have a school function I cry also, just waiting for it to be over, lol

All kidding aside my little ones had a Christmas concert, and yes hearing the kids sing is beautiful, and God Bless America, well in these trying times I bet it was nice ! :thumb:

MtnBiker
06-03-2009, 08:20 PM
Very cool, sound like a great moment!

glockmail
06-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Truth be told, the Great Glockster can't keep a dry eye when they play that either. :slap:

crin63
06-04-2009, 12:53 AM
I'm a sap like that also. I would've done the same thing. I've become fairly adept at hiding it.

Kathianne
06-04-2009, 03:38 AM
I agree with Chloe, those are the moments one remembers. Luckily for me, I was the mom so crying was totally acceptable. ;)

Abbey Marie
06-04-2009, 08:50 AM
It's easier when they get older, and the lights in the audience part of the auditorium are off!

Little ones are great.

emmett
06-04-2009, 08:51 AM
I do it and don't care who sees me when I do it! It is a perfectly normal reaction for one's emotions to "overcome" them at times when happy. Personally I would be a bit concerned about someone who is not influenced to shed a tear or two at these times.

crin63
06-04-2009, 10:38 AM
Granted the Liberal population of the board has dropped off but its interesting to me that only the more conservative leaning people have commented.

glockmail
06-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Granted the Liberal population of the board has dropped off but its interesting to me that only the more conservative leaning people have commented.They cry when there hear Castro and Chavez speak.

emmett
06-04-2009, 12:08 PM
They cry when there hear Castro and Chavez speak.

Funny.....I laugh when I see them. When they speak I just feel sorry for them. Chavez is funny. I have found him to provide many an entertaining moment for me. Castro I don't think much about. Out of sight out of mind you know. As he lives out his slow death of nastying away like the wounded animal he is, I just pretty much ignore him and realize that one day he will be dead and like I said, I don;t think about it much. Frankly Ihope he lives a long long long time.

gabosaurus
06-04-2009, 01:38 PM
I've always thought that Jim was a wuss.
There, I commented. :p