PDA

View Full Version : Obama Lied About Being Muslim, Did He Also Lie About Bill Ayers?

red states rule
06-04-2009, 06:56 AM
I’ve seen many Obama supporters defend Obama because he hid the fact he was a Muslim because, as the excuse goes, people may have not voted for him if they knew the truth.

So that begs the question, was he also lying about his relationship with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright for the same reason?

It is clear Obama and his backers had one goal:

President Obama. Does an ACORN fall far from the tree?

Monkeybone
06-04-2009, 07:41 AM
where did you get that he lied about being a muslim?

red states rule
06-04-2009, 07:48 AM
where did you get that he lied about being a muslim?

How about what he has said since he started runing for President?

He created a web site to point out that he's not a Muslim. Now that he is President, he claims a Muslim upbringing and close ties to Islam.

He talks about his father, who was a strong Muslim, and Obama says that influenced him.

People were called racist just for mentioning Obama's middle name, which Obama once bragged was Islamic.

moderate democrat
06-04-2009, 07:58 AM

He created a web site to point out that he's not a Muslim. Now that he is President, he claims a Muslim upbringing and close ties to Islam.

He talks about his father, who was a strong Muslim, and Obama says that influenced him.

People were called racist just for mentioning Obama's middle name, which Obama once bragged was Islamic.

having an understanding of, and an appreciation for Islam is not synonymous with being a muslim. sorry.

red states rule
06-04-2009, 08:01 AM
having an understanding of, and an appreciation for Islam is not synonymous with being a muslim. sorry.

Oh I knew you would jump in a defend the liar in Chief Virgil - no surprise there

He openly mentioned it in his books, didn't he?

Obama tells Jewish leaders: I have never been a Muslim

"If anyone is still puzzled about the facts, in fact I have never been a
Muslim," he told the Jewish leaders in Cleveland, according to a transcript of the private session."
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/959136.html

I guess that some people CAN have it both ways..huh?

Monkeybone
06-04-2009, 08:09 AM

He talks about his father, who was a strong Muslim, and Obama says that influenced him. just because he was raised that way and/or around it, doesn't mean that he is. even if he might've practice, who is to say that he hasn't converted to Christianity. He has even said that he father was more agnostic as far as he knew. kinda hard to know someone that isn't around

People were called racist just for mentioning Obama's middle name, which Obama once bragged was Islamic. oh god no! not a name that includes his heritage! i'm sure that has never happened before! :lame2: and most of the ppl that were called out on bringin attention to that name (not all) were doing so to feramonger more than anything.

He openly mentioned it in his books, didn't he? does he? you have the line all ready to post on here?

Muslim," he told the Jewish leaders in Cleveland, according to a transcript of the private session."

I guess that some people CAN have it both ways..huh? so um....how does that make him a muslim? unless they changed the meaning of never..... just wondering....

red states rule
06-04-2009, 08:11 AM
Lets take a trip down memory lane

Given widespread unease and prejudice against Muslims among Americans, especially in the wake of 9/11, the Obama campaign was perhaps understandably very sensitive during the primaries and general election to downplay the candidate's Muslim roots.

The candidate was even offended when referred to by his initials "BHO," because he considered the use of his middle name, "Hussein," an attempt to frighten voters.

With insane rumors suggesting he was some sort of Muslim Manchurian candidate, then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., and his campaign did everything they could to emphasize his Christianity and de-emphasize the fact that his father, Barack Obama Sr., was born Muslim.

The candidate's comment at a Boca Raton, Florida, town hall meeting on May 22, 2008, was typical: "My father was basically agnostic, as far as I can tell, and I didn't know him," he said.

In September 2008, candidate Obama told a Pennsylvania crowd, "I know that I'm not your typical presidential candidate and I just want to be honest with you. I know that the temptation is to say, 'You know what? The guy hasn't been there that long in Washington. You know, he's got a funny name. You know, we're not sure about him.' And that's what the Republicans when they say this isn't about issues, it's about personalities, what they're really saying is, 'We're going to try to scare people about Barack. So we're going to say that, you know, maybe he's got Muslim connections.'...Just making stuff up."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/06/abc-news-jake-tapper-and-sunlen-miller-report-the-other-day-we-heard-a-comment-from-a-white-house-aide-that-neverwould-have.html

Monkeybone
06-04-2009, 08:14 AM
yah...that is basically what i said in post #6....still wondering how that is him telling a lie.

moderate democrat
06-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Oh I knew you would jump in a defend the liar in Chief Virgil - no surprise there

He openly mentioned it in his books, didn't he?

I guess that some people CAN have it both ways..huh?

he never has been a muslim. His father had ZERO impact on his upbringing. His mother was an agnostic and he accepted Jesus as his personal savior as a young adult.

red states rule
06-04-2009, 08:17 AM
yah...that is basically what i said in post #6....still wondering how that is him telling a lie.

Try reading - that might help. Or are you seeing it as mearly an "omission"?

Monkeybone
06-04-2009, 08:39 AM
Try reading - that might help. Or are you seeing it as mearly an "omission"?

lol. dude maybe you should try reading what you post. unless i am just plainly missing something in there, and if i am i will apologize for it. why don't you post it again and bold what i am supposed to be seeing. and i'm not some liberal defending him. i am actually trying to see where you are getting this.

red states rule
06-04-2009, 08:45 AM
lol. dude maybe you should try reading what you post. unless i am just plainly missing something in there, and if i am i will apologize for it. why don't you post it again and bold what i am supposed to be seeing. and i'm not some liberal defending him. i am actually trying to see where you are getting this.

During the campaign Obama said his father was an was an atheist - nad Obama had it on his website. Today we find out that Obama's own campaign, his own White House, during a conference call in preparation for Obama's trip to Cairo where he's going to address the Muslim world that he talked about having a Muslim father.

They also said that his aunt or grandmother, something like that, his Kenyan grandmother was a Christian, but this month Gateway Pundit posts that we learned his Christian grandmother's going to attend the Hajj, which is the trip to Mecca in Saudi Arabia

When ABC News runs a headline about Obama's muslims roots - given during the campaign nobody could use the word Hussein because it was too negative and conjured up all these associations with Islamists. Obma said he was a Christian

Now Obama tells us the US is the worlds largest Muslim country. Obama is showing his true side slowly but surely

It is clear he lied about it, and I am asking what else did he lie about?

emmett
06-04-2009, 08:46 AM
he never has been a muslim. His father had ZERO impact on his upbringing. His mother was an agnostic and he accepted Jesus as his personal savior as a young adult.

That is NOT what he said in his book MD. Have you read it?

red states rule
06-04-2009, 08:49 AM

Using Christianity as a front to get elected has consequences, somewhere down the line Obama will be reminded of what he did.

He sold his soul. His heart is not right and that will catch up with him.

In the meantime, America will have to pay the price for what the liberals have done

If only more in liberal media were more like Tapper, and not like Chris "leg tingle" Matthews

Insein
06-04-2009, 08:53 AM
Obama didn't technically lie. He simply misled. He never said he was a Muslim. He did say that his father was Muslim. He did say that he lived in a Muslim country for 5 years with his step father. He did say he attended a Muslim Primary school. He never said he was muslim though.

Abbey Marie
06-04-2009, 08:56 AM
Using Christianity as a front to get elected has consequences, somewhere down the line Obama will be reminded of what he did.

He sold his soul. His heart is not right and that will catch up with him.

In the meantime, America will have to pay the price for what the liberals have done

If only more in liberal media were more like Tapper, and not like Chris "leg tingle" Matthews

No one can sit in a pew and listen to Rev. Wrong screeching racist hatred for 20 years and have his heart in the right place. It's so obvious, it's almost funny. But it's all too serious to be funny.

Monkeybone
06-04-2009, 09:04 AM
During the campaign Obama said his father was an was an atheist - nad Obama had it on his website. Today we find out that Obama's own campaign, his own White House, during a conference call in preparation for Obama's trip to Cairo where he's going to address the Muslim world that he talked about having a Muslim father.

They also said that his aunt or grandmother, something like that, his Kenyan grandmother was a Christian, but this month Gateway Pundit posts that we learned his Christian grandmother's going to attend the Hajj, which is the trip to Mecca in Saudi Arabia

When ABC News runs a headline about Obama's muslims roots - given during the campaign nobody could use the word Hussein because it was too negative and conjured up all these associations with Islamists. Obma said he was a Christian

Now Obama tells us the US is the worlds largest Muslim country. Obama is showing his true side slowly but surely

It is clear he lied about it, and I am asking what else did he lie about? and even in his speach where he was wrong about us being the biggest muslim nation he still said that he was a Christian to the crowd. Who said that his grandmother was a Christian? did she? did BHO? Is his background different? yes. Did he live among Muslims when he was very young and probaly went along with it becasue he didn't know better? more than likely.so we have established that some of his family practices Islam and that he was raised around it. but still, none of that points to him being a muslim. Might he be? yes. Might he be a Christian? yes. Does Obama tell the masses what they want to hear? yes.

Obama didn't technically lie. He simply misled. He never said he was a Muslim. He did say that his father was Muslim. He did say that he lived in a Muslim country for 5 years with his step father. He did say he attended a Muslim Primary school. He never said he was muslim though. that is it exactly. All assumptions until he says those words. And even if he does....so what? We have senators and such that are Muslims. should we oust them and condemn them as well?

Monkeybone
06-04-2009, 09:06 AM
No one can sit in a pew and listen to Rev. Wrong screeching racist hatred for 20 years and have his heart in the right place. It's so obvious, it's almost funny. But it's all too serious to be funny.

That is the truth. That bothered me more than the whole "muslim" thing. And I also believe his wife shows (or showed before the makeover and the coaching) what their true feelings are. Bittereness and anger.

red states rule
06-04-2009, 09:09 AM

Abbey, one Obama supporter actualy said he may have slept through his sermons. She tried to spin how alot of Church goers do that so why would Obama be any different?

Seems there are some people who have bad memories over what Obama has written in his bboks, said on the campaign trial to get elected, and can't connect the dots to what he is saying now

Monkeybone
06-04-2009, 09:15 AM
Abbey, one Obama supporter actualy said he may have slept through his sermons. She tried to spin how alot of Church goers do that so why would Obama be any different? how could you sleep with all that yelling?

Seems there are some people who have bad memories over what Obama has written in his bboks, said on the campaign trial to get elected, and can't connect the dots to what he is saying now I got that he was the normal run of the mill poli, who promises clouds and goes back on his word.

emmett
06-04-2009, 09:15 AM

Sometimes I think this all an episode of the Twilight Zone and that we will all wake up and things will be back to somewhere near normal.

"I have prohibited all means of torture by the United States and ordered the closing of the prison at Gitmo."

Stop it Barry.........you're killing me!

emmett
06-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Barry said, "Unlike Afghanistan Iraq was a war of choice. The world is better without the tyranny of Suddam Hussein but we can solve these problems with diplomacy."

Uh.....Barry.......we tried that!

red states rule
06-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Barry said, "Unlike Afghanistan Iraq was a war of choice. The world is better without the tyranny of Suddam Hussein but we can solve these problems with diplomacy."

Uh.....Barry.......we tried that!

Here is some of Obama's comments about whites, his father, and friends

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lI77cU3jsFs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lI77cU3jsFs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

red states rule
06-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Sometimes I think this all an episode of the Twilight Zone and that we will all wake up and things will be back to somewhere near normal.

"I have prohibited all means of torture by the United States and ordered the closing of the prison at Gitmo."

I don't know what's going to happen., but Obama says the USA is a Muslim Nation

So how will this affect the future of homosexuals, abortion, women's rights, and religious freedom?

Gaffer
06-04-2009, 10:14 AM
IS he a muslim? By islam standards he most definitely is. Any one born to a muslim father is automatically a muslim. If he renounced the religion he is then and apostate and under penalty of death. Now under islamic law a muslim can lie, cheat, steal or kill when it involves an infidel. And if it advances the cause of islam.

The key phrase here is "advancing the cause of islam". Would he lie and cover up his association with islam? Absolutely. Are other muslims aware of what he's doing? Absolutely. You haven't heard of any calls from the fanatics in iran or other muslim countries, or even AQ or the islamic brotherhood for his death as an apostate have you. He was born and raised a muslim, claims to be a christian, and yet no call for his head comes from the islamic world. No fatwas issued by imams.

Just one of those little things that make you go hmmmm.

moderate democrat
06-04-2009, 11:36 AM

I have. have you?

Please provide a quote from the book that disproves my assertion.

emmett
06-04-2009, 12:19 PM
I have. have you?

Please provide a quote from the book that disproves my assertion.

Yes. I lived through the poorly written manuscript. I also did see where he said his father had influence on his thinking. You do remember that don;t you?

I don't do links MD. I believe a debate board is for opinion. To make one's own points without spinning someone slese's wrioting into one;s philosophy. you will not find where I have used a link. I have referenced two news articles for generic purposes to reference the subject I was talking about and never placed a link in a post addressed directly to a member.

I debate the left and the right. I take issue with both. I have argued with hawk,RSR, Jeff, 5String, Kathianne, Glock, Sitarro, Crin and many of the other more conservative members without ever a namecalling or mean spirited avenue being taken. But then I can attest to the fact that Conservatives are a wee bit more tolerant of my sociallly liberal agenda than Liberals are of my Conservative Economic one.

Obama's book is actually full of references to his being influenced by his father. Are you sure you read it in it's entirety? maybe you ought to read it again.

Gunny
06-04-2009, 09:02 PM
I’ve seen many Obama supporters defend Obama because he hid the fact he was a Muslim because, as the excuse goes, people may have not voted for him if they knew the truth.

So that begs the question, was he also lying about his relationship with Bill Ayers and Rev. Wright for the same reason?

Don't forget he tossed the white granny under the bus.

Of course he lied. The left doesn't care. The end justifies the means in their eyes.

red states rule
06-05-2009, 06:08 AM
Don't forget he tossed the white granny under the bus.

Of course he lied. The left doesn't care. The end justifies the means in their eyes.

Funny how only a few months ago you were a racist if you brought up his Muslim ties - now Obama is talking about them

Now you are a racist if you bring up anything questionable, or critize his policies and the results of those policies

Gunny
06-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Funny how only a few months ago you were a racist if you brought up his Muslim ties - now Obama is talking about them

Now you are a racist if you bring up anything questionable, or critize his policies and the results of those policies

Yeah, the Obama Llama said during the primaries his dad was atheist. Now he was Muslim.

This dude's pandering is making me ill.

Insein
06-07-2009, 02:56 PM
Obama's Dad did become atheist but he was Muslim first. Makes it convienant to use both.

Kathianne
06-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Obama's Dad did become atheist but he was Muslim first. Makes it convienant to use both.

Yep and with his stepfather, he attended both Muslim and Catholic schools. I still maintain the man has NO religion, he worships himself. He's a total narcissist the likes of which our country has never seen in the office.

creativeage
06-07-2009, 03:31 PM
Yep and with his stepfather, he attended both Muslim and Catholic schools. I still maintain the man has NO religion, he worships himself. He's a total narcissist the likes of which our country has never seen in the office.

Hey, great point. My friend concurs:)

red states rule
06-07-2009, 03:46 PM

Obama is probably talking to a designer about drawing up the blueprints to have his faced added to Mt Rushmore

Gaffer
06-07-2009, 04:05 PM
The statues will be going up soon. Then he can build apresidential palace in all 57 states. :laugh2:

Gunny
06-07-2009, 09:16 PM

I agree. He's whatever it suits him to be at the moment.

red states rule
06-08-2009, 06:31 AM
The statues will be going up soon. Then he can build apresidential palace in all 57 states. :laugh2:

or a new Sesame Street character?

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1902845,00.html?xid=rss-topstories

Gunny
06-08-2009, 05:47 PM

He didn't claim he had an appreciation for Islam. He claimed daddy was a Muslim.

After insisting during the Democratic primaries daddy was not a Muslim, he was atheist.

Not to worry though. I'm hardly calling Obama a Muslim, if THAT's your problem. I'm calling him a liar.

Mr Live For the Moment's religion is whatever it needs to be to appease whoever's in his face at the moment.

Gunny
06-08-2009, 05:49 PM

Mighty white of him since torture has always been against the law.:cool:

Kathianne
06-08-2009, 06:30 PM
He didn't claim he had an appreciation for Islam. He claimed daddy was a Muslim.

After insisting during the Democratic primaries daddy was not a Muslim, he was atheist.

Not to worry though. I'm hardly calling Obama a Muslim, if THAT's your problem. I'm calling him a liar.

Mr Live For the Moment's religion is whatever it needs to be to appease whoever's in his face at the moment.

Spot on, can't rep right now, but this is the point. He's a liar, which suits his agenda.

emmett
06-08-2009, 06:52 PM
I am not a Muslim, never mind my name, my father had no influence onme, my mother was white, I am a Christian, my preacher is mixed up but I am a Christian, my friends are good people, I am always associated with good people, yes some sold me drugs but they were good people, so is Bill Ayers, he made some mistakes, so did my father, marriage is between a man and a woman but I need faggots votes so leave me alone on that, my wife does love her country..NOW...because I am the leader of it and I'm gonna close that prison and outlaw torture since it is already against the law, but my word will make it final, if you don't believe it ask Nancy, ask GM, ask Chrysler, ask the banks, ask my wife, ask the X-Gov of Il, ask anybody, I am the president and I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I I , fix that damn teleprompter will ya Joe.

MtnBiker
06-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I wonder if next time Obama is in Des Moines, will he claim to have an understanding of, and an appreciation of Iowians, even though he is not an Iowian?

red states rule
06-09-2009, 06:44 AM

Apparently, based on cueent polls, there are 52% of the voters who are so stupid they still believe in their false Messiah.

They should know better and probably do, but they still follow blindly refusing to admit to being stupid and hurting their shallow ego.

Abbey Marie
06-09-2009, 02:52 PM

Tried to rep you for this, Gunny.

-Cp
06-09-2009, 03:54 PM
I'm still missing the point here where Obama has claimed to have ever been Muslim?

moderate democrat
06-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm still missing the point here where Obama has claimed to have ever been Muslim?

you and everyone else with a brain.

jimnyc
06-09-2009, 04:11 PM

Those with the brains have stated that Obama said HIS FATHER was not a muslim on the campaign trail - only to now state otherwise when speaking to a muslim country. He out and out lied and there's no way around that.

moderate democrat
06-09-2009, 04:23 PM
Those with the brains have stated that Obama said HIS FATHER was not a muslim on the campaign trail - only to now state otherwise when speaking to a muslim country. He out and out lied and there's no way around that.

his father was raised a muslim but was not a practicing muslim. that's the truth and Obama has not said otherwise.

and the title of this thread is an error, no matter what.

jimnyc
06-09-2009, 04:34 PM
his father was raised a muslim but was not a practicing muslim. that's the truth and Obama has not said otherwise.

and the title of this thread is an error, no matter what.

He went overboard during the election to set himself apart from any portion of being a Muslim. He went on an on about how his father was an agostic and/or atheist. But now that he is president and visits a muslim country, he makes it abundantly clear that his father, and generations before him, were all muslims.

At most he lied, at the very least he is purposely twisting things to suit his agenda and/or his audience.

Additionally, type in "obama lies" in Google and look at the plethora of sites devoted to his lies, many quite reliable with links to original sources. And I'm not talking one or 2 little lies, but a mammoth amount of lies since 1995 and many of them over major issues.

red states rule
06-09-2009, 05:34 PM

Seems you are in the group of people that put party loyalty and the desire for power above a honest analysis of what Obama has said as candidate Obama and what he says as president Obama

No surprise there at all

moderate democrat
06-09-2009, 11:13 PM
He went overboard during the election to set himself apart from any portion of being a Muslim. He went on an on about how his father was an agostic and/or atheist. But now that he is president and visits a muslim country, he makes it abundantly clear that his father, and generations before him, were all muslims.

At most he lied, at the very least he is purposely twisting things to suit his agenda and/or his audience.

Additionally, type in "obama lies" in Google and look at the plethora of sites devoted to his lies, many quite reliable with links to original sources. And I'm not talking one or 2 little lies, but a mammoth amount of lies since 1995 and many of them over major issues.

If you read his book, it is clear that his father had ZERO impact on his spiritual life. And clearly, you avoid the FACT that this thread is built on a lie from its very outset.

moderate democrat
06-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Seems you are in the group of people that put party loyalty and the desire for power above a honest analysis of what Obama has said as candidate Obama and what he says as president Obama

No surprise there at all

this thread's very premise is a lie. something you are quite skilled at producing. hack.

red states rule
06-10-2009, 12:09 AM
this thread's very premise is a lie. something you are quite skilled at producing. hack.

Out to try and derail yet another thread Virgil to try and shut it down?

Alas, your debate skill are showing yet again. If you are so determined to defend your messiah, at least you are wasting our time on only one thread

jimnyc
06-10-2009, 05:44 AM
If you read his book, it is clear that his father had ZERO impact on his spiritual life.

I wonder why he didn't shout to the Heavens about that during his recent visit to the Muslim world. I wonder why he didn't make it as clear to them that he didn't have an influential Muslim upbringing. I wonder why there was such a stark contrast between his Muslim influences when he delivered his speech last week compared to his statements on the campaign trail.

And clearly, you avoid the FACT that this thread is built on a lie from its very outset.Clearly, huh? I don't recall quoting and replying to the OP but I do recall replying to you. You basically stated that Abbey, MtnBiker, Emmett & Kathianne didn't have brains. I replied to your comment out of respect to my staff members. Quite frankly, I don't give a rats ass about what you think I avoid and your arguments with others. I made my statements and I stand by them.

I think Obama has made so many public lies since '95 that I have trouble believing anything he says anymore. And when it's not a lie, it's a twist. I could use his own style of words and state "He's a typical black man" but I guess that would make me a racist, unlike his own comments about his grandmother. :rolleyes:

red states rule
06-10-2009, 05:51 AM
There is now absolutely no doubt that Pres Obama shares views of radicals like Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayres, Bernadine Dohrn, Saul Alinsky, Louis Farrakhan, Michael Pfleger and other others like them.

During the campaign, Obama presented himself as a moderate interested in "change" now, the real Obama is out for all to see. He is in realiy a radical liberal, who promotes class warfare, committed to wealth redistribution on a scale never seen before

Obama is working hard to quickly enact new laws that put the federal government in charge of education, energy, auto industry, banking system and health care

The US Constitution be damned

moderate democrat
06-10-2009, 06:22 AM
I wonder why he didn't shout to the Heavens about that during his recent visit to the Muslim world. I wonder why he didn't make it as clear to them that he didn't have an influential Muslim upbringing. I wonder why there was such a stark contrast between his Muslim influences when he delivered his speech last week compared to his statements on the campaign trail.

Clearly, huh? I don't recall quoting and replying to the OP but I do recall replying to you. You basically stated that Abbey, MtnBiker, Emmett & Kathianne didn't have brains. I replied to your comment out of respect to my staff members. Quite frankly, I don't give a rats ass about what you think I avoid and your arguments with others. I made my statements and I stand by them.

I think Obama has made so many public lies since '95 that I have trouble believing anything he says anymore. And when it's not a lie, it's a twist. I could use his own style of words and state "He's a typical black man" but I guess that would make me a racist, unlike his own comments about his grandmother. :rolleyes:

whether you believe him or not does not change the fact that he has NEVER claimed to be a muslim as the OP - and other replying posts as well - have suggested.

moderate democrat
06-10-2009, 06:25 AM
Out to try and derail yet another thread Virgil to try and shut it down?

Alas, your debate skill are showing yet again. If you are so determined to defend your messiah, at least you are wasting our time on only one thread

how is pointing out that the very premise of a thread is a LIE doing anything to derail it? Or do you consider any reply that does not agree with you to be an effort to derail?

I would suggest that if you are incapable of even defending your own thread title, YOU might be the one with the debating skill deficit.

Kathianne
06-10-2009, 06:26 AM
whether you believe him or not does not change the fact that he has NEVER claimed to be a muslim as the OP - and other replying posts as well - have suggested.

The op title said he 'lied.' It never said he 'claimed to be Muslim.'

moderate democrat
06-10-2009, 06:29 AM
The op title said he 'lied.' It never said he 'claimed to be Muslim.'

"Obama lied about being a muslim."

are you honestly suggesting that he IS a muslim?

Monkeybone
06-10-2009, 06:33 AM
So if he lied about that, why have none of the crazies pointed out his birth certificate or that all of his school finacial aid records are blocked? :tinfoil:

Monkeybone
06-10-2009, 06:36 AM

see that is what i was trying to say (know it's not directly what you were saying). that he says what he knows ppl want to hear. but at the same time until he says the words " I'm a muslim", i just don't see it. now it would be really handy if he "converted" later. haha

Kathianne
06-10-2009, 06:38 AM
"Obama lied about being a muslim."

are you honestly suggesting that he IS a muslim?

I never said or implied such.

moderate democrat
06-10-2009, 06:44 AM
I never said or implied such.

then do you have anything that would show that the title of the OP was a true statement?

red states rule
06-10-2009, 07:31 AM
then do you have anything that would show that the title of the OP was a true statement?

I am not surprised liberals like you Virgil do not care Obama lied about his background and assoicates, you would follow Obama off a cliff. (and you are right now with his economic policies)

However you and your liberals friends were kicking and screaming when they thought Pres Bush lied about his military record and WMD's.

moderate democrat
06-10-2009, 07:40 AM
I am not surprised that moronic conservative hacks like you would be incapable of defending your own misstatements.

Clearly... Obama did NOT lie about being a muslim... he has never claimed to be a muslim and he is NOT a muslim.

THAT is the subject of this thread... and your attempts to dodge that fact with talk about other issues is nothing but an attempt by YOU to derail the thread so that you don't have to face up to your error.

pretty typical RSR behavior.

red states rule
06-10-2009, 07:46 AM
I am not surprised that moronic conservative hacks like you would be incapable of defending your own misstatements.

Clearly... Obama did NOT lie about being a muslim... he has never claimed to be a muslim and he is NOT a muslim.

THAT is the subject of this thread... and your attempts to dodge that fact with talk about other issues is nothing but an attempt by YOU to derail the thread so that you don't have to face up to your error.

As I posted before Virgil - Obama was ofeneded when his Muslim roots were brought up - now he is talking about them

Lets take a trip down memory lane

Given widespread unease and prejudice against Muslims among Americans, especially in the wake of 9/11, the Obama campaign was perhaps understandably very sensitive during the primaries and general election to downplay the candidate's Muslim roots.

The candidate was even offended when referred to by his initials "BHO," because he considered the use of his middle name, "Hussein," an attempt to frighten voters.

With insane rumors suggesting he was some sort of Muslim Manchurian candidate, then-Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., and his campaign did everything they could to emphasize his Christianity and de-emphasize the fact that his father, Barack Obama Sr., was born Muslim.

The candidate's comment at a Boca Raton, Florida, town hall meeting on May 22, 2008, was typical: "My father was basically agnostic, as far as I can tell, and I didn't know him," he said.

In September 2008, candidate Obama told a Pennsylvania crowd, "I know that I'm not your typical presidential candidate and I just want to be honest with you. I know that the temptation is to say, 'You know what? The guy hasn't been there that long in Washington. You know, he's got a funny name. You know, we're not sure about him.' And that's what the Republicans when they say this isn't about issues, it's about personalities, what they're really saying is, 'We're going to try to scare people about Barack. So we're going to say that, you know, maybe he's got Muslim connections.'...Just making stuff up."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...ould-have.html

On a TV interview Obama admitted his Muslim faith - but was quickly corrected by the host George Stephanopoulos

Keep putting party ahead of country, truth, and logic Virgil - it is how you live your life

Maybe that is why you are still a one trick pony on this board - never commenting on anything else about the Choosen One.

Insein
06-10-2009, 08:35 AM

Obama didn't lie about being a muslim. He mislead everyone which seems to be just as bad to liberals when the person supposedly misleading is named Bush. I guess misleading when your a D doesn't matter as much.

red states rule
06-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Obama didn't lie about being a muslim. He mislead everyone which seems to be just as bad to liberals when the person supposedly misleading is named Bush. I guess misleading when your a D doesn't matter as much.

MDV may find that acceptable, but I don’t.

I don’t like being lied to. I’ll never understand why liberals seem to enjoy it so much when it comes from their own side

Obama has never admitted to being the Marxist that he is, either. Yet his actions prove he is a solid steadfast Marxist.

jimnyc
06-10-2009, 08:40 AM

I didn't address that, so why you would respond to my post with points I have not addressed is beyond me. But I bet it's easier than addressing what I did in fact post. Do you dispute the fact that there are many, many lies he has been caught up in since '95? Do you dispute the fact that he downplayed any Muslim connection while campaigning and then displayed his connections and knowledge while on a recent trip to the ME?

Monkeybone
06-10-2009, 09:51 AM
I didn't address that, so why you would respond to my post with points I have not addressed is beyond me. But I bet it's easier than addressing what I did in fact post. Do you dispute the fact that there are many, many lies he has been caught up in since '95? Do you dispute the fact that he downplayed any Muslim connection while campaigning and then displayed his connections and knowledge while on a recent trip to the ME?

it's becasue he is that kid that thinks everyone has to like him instead of being comfortable in his own skin

Kathianne
06-10-2009, 01:27 PM

I don't need to. That wasn't the issue I was addressing, brought up by you.

jimnyc
06-10-2009, 03:01 PM
Yet another lie from the Messiah. I wonder if the libs will continue to defend his lies while they screamed from the rooftops about supposed lies from the Bush administration for 8 years!

For, the Obama Justice Department has quietly ordered FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high value detainees captured and held at U.S. detention facilities in Afghanistan, according a senior Republican on the House Intelligence Committee. “The administration has decided to change the focus to law enforcement. Here’s the problem. You have foreign fighters who are targeting US troops today – foreign fighters who go to another country to kill Americans. We capture them…and they’re reading them their rights – Mirandizing these foreign fighters,”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/06/miranda_rights_for_terrorists.asp

But the Messiah stated back in March:

Now, do these folks deserve Miranda rights? Do they deserve to be treated like a shoplifter down the block? Of course not," Obama said.

http://cbs4denver.com/national/Barack.Obama.Dick.2.965981.html

bullypulpit
06-11-2009, 03:56 AM

Wow...Red...that's just pathetic, even for you.

red states rule
06-12-2009, 03:53 AM

Wow BP, anopther well researched, relevant, and fact filled post on the topic at hand

Is this all you have left when you express your slobbering support for Obama - attack and ignore the sublet being discussed?

Seems you and Virgil are the only libs with the guts to even comment on this thread - yet most of Obama supporters are ignoring the threads about the economy, GM, and coddling of terrorists

Hope you are loving that hope and change BP!

Monkeybone
06-12-2009, 06:26 AM

way to join the convo a week later with nothing to add :cheers2:

glockmail
06-12-2009, 07:45 AM

THIS posting style looks STRANGELY similar to MAINEMAN's. :poke:

red states rule
06-12-2009, 10:32 AM
THIS posting style looks STRANGELY similar to MAINEMAN's. :poke:

Maybe because Virgil, Mainman, manfrommaine, retiredman, and moderate democrat are all one in the same?

It is common knowledge and does not surprise anyone other then Virgil who actually believes the members here are stupid enough to believe his constant denials of the truth

red states rule
06-12-2009, 12:01 PM
way to join the convo a week later with nothing to add :cheers2:

and why should this post be any different from the others BP has posted? Like with most linbs, BP attacks, and tries to change the subject

I have seen many of the Obama supporters avoid the current economic and foreign policy threads

They know damn well Obama and the Dems are destroying the US economy and they are avoiding the discussion at all costs

They also can't comment on such insane BS liike reading Miranda rights to TERRORISTS

Seems the hope and change they voted for is not the hope and change they thought they were going to get