PDA

View Full Version : schools out for summer

chloe
06-05-2009, 11:42 AM
The kids are out of school and staying at there dads house & Im on vacation YAY! Does anyone have summer trips planned with the family?

emmett
06-05-2009, 11:51 AM
I want to ride my motorcycle to Alaska. Can't though. No money for that right now. Also want to take the grandkids to Disneyworld and might pull that off.

Will certainly go trout fishing 4 or 5 times with them. Up until I shut down my trucking company last year my grand daughter used to go with me on the road for two weeks every summer.

I also want to take Lexi to the Biltmore House this summer. We're having to be creative this year for economic purposes. Money is REAL tight.

How about you?

Mr. P
06-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I want to ride my motorcycle to Alaska. Can't though. No money for that right now. Also want to take the grandkids to Disneyworld and might pull that off.

Will certainly go trout fishing 4 or 5 times with them. Up until I shut down my trucking company last year my grand daughter used to go with me on the road for two weeks every summer.

I also want to take Lexi to the Biltmore House this summer. We're having to be creative this year for economic purposes. Money is REAL tight.

How about you?

Damn!!! I haven't been for yrs..BTW if you head to Biltomore consider a day or so in Cherokee N.C. They have some great trout fishing on their reservation..They stock with LARGE browns. It used to cost $10 bucks for a couple days as I recall.

chloe
06-05-2009, 12:01 PM
I haven't gone anywhere for 8 years, I have 3 weeks of vacation time to use this summer. My ex in laws will take me & the kids to hawaii, my oldest daughter is turning 16 and Im going to splurge and rent a cabin for the night locally in the mountains because she likes taking nature walks and it would be fun to do that for her birthday Im going to invite my parents & ex in laws to come stay with us. But other then that nothing because Im on a tight budget. In the summertime my kids like to have there friends stay over and sometimes we play board games or charades. The kids like to stay at there dads house alot over the summer too so I don't really have a lot of plans Im pretty boring really.

Kathianne
06-05-2009, 12:06 PM
I'm out of school next Wednesday, just getting the house ready to sell. The only traveling I'll do is if I get interviews out of state. Here's to hoping! :beer:

Abbey Marie
06-05-2009, 12:59 PM
So far, our annual trip to Maine is all that's planned. We always take day trips to Long Beach Island and Longwood Gardens, though.

We were planning to go to Scotland, Ireland or Italy in September or October for our 20th Anniversary. It depends on funds (and how I am feeling). We now have college expenses to pay {yikes} so it's much harder to afford.

Kath- you know I wish you the absolute best of luck in your search!

Chloe- the cabin thing sounds great!

Emmett- DisneyWorld is a blast. The grandkids will love you!

jackass
06-05-2009, 05:27 PM
Im not sure what we will do this year. I think instead of one long trip we will be taking a few mini trips. This month I have my brothers bachelor party in WV ans next month his wedding in MD.

gabosaurus
06-06-2009, 11:44 AM
Schools in California still have another week.
I am taking my daughter to England to see my best friend Lauren's new son. Who is named after my dad.
Later, my daughter is going to Minneapolis for a week to visit my husband's sister and her three kids.

Trigg
06-06-2009, 04:56 PM
My kids have been out for a week. My 11yr old has golf camp this week, next week is wrestling camp for my 16yr old.

My daughter is cutting grass for the neighbor and making $10 bucks a week so she's happy and she's also sewing buttons on pants for another neighbor.

As far as fun, we're planning camping trips and my sister is coming to visit from finland in July.

And of course the all important Ireland vacation in Sept. CAN'T WAIT :dance: