PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen - Obama Approval Down to 53%

red states rule
06-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Seems the folks are not happy with the "change" they are getting. A majority oppose the auto company bailouts, the excessive spending, increasing deficits, and closing of Gitmo

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 35% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-two percent (32%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of +3 (see trends). Check out our weekly review of key polls to see “What They Told Us.”

For most of his five months in office, the President’s approval ratings have remained quite stable. However, that has not been the case over the past couple of weeks. Obama enjoyed a positive bounce in the polls following the nomination of Judge Sonia Sotomayor for the Supreme Court. His Approval Index numbers reached their highest level in two months.

Then, as the Sotomayor bounce faded, the President’s ratings slipped following the General Motors bankruptcy filing. Just 26% of Americans believe the GM bailout and takeover was a good idea and nearly as many support a boycott of GM products. More specifically, the number who Strongly Disapprove jumped several points following the GM bankruptcy. It remains to be seen whether this is a temporary reaction to recent news or something more substantive.

Americans overwhelmingly believe that judges of different backgrounds—men, women, white, Hispanic—would reach the same decisions if they carefully studied the facts and tried to apply the law as written. Eighty-three percent (83%) say our legal system should apply the law equally to all Americans rather than using the law to help those who have less power and influence.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

06-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Trust me, this is just the beginning. We will see suport drop down to lower than Bush levels.

Kathianne
06-08-2009, 06:33 PM
Trust me, this is just the beginning. We will see suport drop down to lower than Bush levels.

I don't know about 'lower than Bush levels' as the media was mainly the cause for those and they will not be used like that in this administration. However, the American people are funny, right now they are giving him less than they did before, but still high personal marks. Problem for him, (like any politician in this position), there will come that moment, when the issues they disagree with him on, affect the personal approval and then watch out!

emmett
06-08-2009, 06:42 PM

I rather doubt it. It will drop all right but blacks will stick with him like a God. So will college kids, queers and feminists. All that are leaving him now in the polls are the somewhat centrist folks who got hoodwinked. The spiral will slow by summers end bottoming at around 49% where it will stay for a year or so. Then it will begin to drop until he declares his candidacy for re-election and out of the wordwork will come a new group of 18-21 year old college kids he didn't have last time who have been fed up with their parents telling them what a loser he is. That in itself will lift his numbers into the forties again.

It is gonna have allot to do with rather the Wars continue. I suspect he is watching that very closely. If his numbers drop too quickly he will pull out and display to the world that he is the great uniter and refuse to declare victory..blah..blah blah blah. He is a spinner. The dude can spin! He has the press and will continue to have them. They are not about to admit they were wrong given their numbers...which are all terrible except Fox. None can afford to be known to have lined up incorrectly.

Should be an interesting show. I can assure you of this. If Obama's numbers drop into 30's...life as we know it will be have already become miserable, which is but a small step from where it is now.

06-08-2009, 07:28 PM
I think it will get lower than Bush. And I know the media pushed Bush down. But I think Obama can do it all on his own.

red states rule
06-09-2009, 06:28 AM
I don't know about 'lower than Bush levels' as the media was mainly the cause for those and they will not be used like that in this administration. However, the American people are funny, right now they are giving him less than they did before, but still high personal marks. Problem for him, (like any politician in this position), there will come that moment, when the issues they disagree with him on, affect the personal approval and then watch out!

Or when those people are on the receiving end of Obama's hope and change

My liberal co worker (once known as Blue States Rule) was laughing yesterday over the insane right wingers bashing Obama over his economic policies

He is certain the economy will tunr around and we will be foced to give Obama credit. He loves the idea of government run healthcare, higher taxes for the "rich" and more government control of business

Yet, he is not happy that HE may pay more in taxes, and he can't explain how the new government owned companies will do better under government ownership

Joe Steel
06-09-2009, 07:28 AM
Seems the folks are not happy with the "change" they are getting. A majority oppose the auto company bailouts, the excessive spending, increasing deficits, and closing of Gitmo

Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
Sunday, June 07, 2009

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 35% of the nation's voters now Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-two percent (32%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of +3 (see trends). Check out our weekly review of key polls to see “What They Told Us.”

First of all, Rasmussen is just a rightwing stooge. His work has little credibility. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised to learn support for Obama is diminishing. He's just a middle-of-the-road opportunist. Liberals and leftists supported him because he was better than the alternative. That, however, doesn't mean we have to like him.

red states rule
06-09-2009, 07:30 AM
First of all, Rasmussen is just a rightwing stooge. His work has little credibility. Nevertheless, I wouldn't be surprised to learn support for Obama is diminishing. He's just a middle-of-the-road opportunist. Liberals and leftists supported him because he was better than the alternative. That, however, doesn't mean we have to like him.

I guess you believe the poll from the Daily Kos, or any poll that has results you agree with

Here are more details Joe - keep those fingers in your ears and singing

snip

Sixty-two percent (62%) of U.S. voters agree with the president that the nation’s ongoing economic problems are due to the recession that began under the Bush administration and don’t blame the actions Obama’s taken since assuming office.

Fifty-one percent (51%) of voters still say the president is a good or excellent leader, although this number is at the lowest level of his presidency to date. Obama also hit his lowest reading ever in the Rasmusen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll at the end of the week, although it remains to be seen whether this is a temporary reaction to recent news or something more substantive.

When it comes to recent actions by the president, the disagreement grows.

Only 21% of voters nationwide support the government plan to bail out General Motors that kicked in last Monday with the troubled auto giant’s bankruptcy. In survey after survey in recent months, Rasmussen Reports has found that Americans are not in a bailout mood, for GM or anybody.

After the auto giant’s bankruptcy filing, 26% of American adults believed it was a good idea for the federal government to take ownership of General Motors, but nearly as many (17%) Americans should protest the bailout by boycotting GM and refusing to buy its cars.

Just 16% say it’s very likely GM will be successful in the next few years.

The number of voters who believe the economic stimulus plan pushed by the president as his one of his first major actions will help the economy is down to 31% - from 34% in late February and 38% who held that view when it first passed earlier that month.

In fact, for the second month in a row, most voters worry that the federal government will do too much in reacting to the country’s current economic problems.

Voters remain closely divided on the urgency for health care reform, another of the president’s top initiatives, given the troubled state of the economy. Forty-six percent (46%) believe the Obama administration should move ahead with health care reform, while 45% say it should wait until the economy improves.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/weekly_updates/what_they_told_us_reviewing_last_week_s_key_polls

Joe Steel
06-09-2009, 07:34 AM
I guess you believe the poll from the Daily Kos, or any poll that has results you agree with

Here are more details Joe - keep those fingers in your ears and singing

What's your point?

Are you trying to say this portends a groundswell of opposition to Obama?

Are you predicting a revolution?

red states rule
06-09-2009, 07:38 AM
What's your point?

Are you trying to say this portends a groundswell of opposition to Obama?

Are you predicting a revolution?

No, I am saying this clown is doing things a majority of people are opposed to like government takeovers of private companies, insane spending with will double the national debt and quadruple the annual deficit

Government run healthcare with will not save any money (according to the CBO) and cost over $1 trillion

Massive tax increases on nearly everyone, and put more people out of work

Need more examples Joey?

Thanks for ignoring the rest of my post - it is hard for a loyal Obama supporter to deal with reality