PDA

View Full Version : Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

red states rule
06-08-2009, 09:04 AM
I should hope so. Obama is throwing trillions of dollars at it yet unemployment continues up.

The dirty little secret is that the economy would have fixed itself without the Dems massive, and insane spending.

Obama promises more than 600,000 stimulus jobs

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama promised Monday to deliver more than 600,000 jobs through his $787 billion stimulus plan this summer, with federal agencies pumping billions into public works projects, schools and summer youth programs.

Obama is ramping up his stimulus program this week even as his advisers are ramping down expectations about when the spending plan will effect a continuing rise in the nation's unemployment.

Many of the stimulus plans that Obama announced Monday already were in the works, including hundreds of maintenance projects at military bases, about 1,600 state road and airport improvements, and federal money states budgeted for 135,000 teachers, principals and school support staff.

The administration had always viewed the summer as a peak for stimulus spending, as better weather permitted more public works construction and federal agencies had processed requests from states and others.

But Obama now promises an accelerated pace of federal spending over the next few months to boost the economy and produce jobs.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090608/ap_on_bi_ge/us_obama_stimulus

red states rule
06-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Over 2,000,000 jobs have been lost since his inaugeration; 600,000 new jobs, which will most likely be temporary, aren't going to "stimulate" anything except his overinflated ego.

PostmodernProphet
06-08-2009, 12:39 PM
talked to a contractor this weekend......he has fifteen jobs lined up at schools that came about through the stimulus package.....but, they all need to be done by September 1st.....and he has no work lined up after 9/1.......

mpk9corps
06-08-2009, 03:47 PM
I would LOVE to see him create all of these jobs....It just ain't gonna happen! In our area of Florida, folks are LOSING jobs, not finding any new ones! "shovel ready" was what he said,,,I have seen NOTHING ready, and a shovel can't be found anywhere. Too bad he just didn't leave us alone...People were WORKING before he started making things so NICE for us! Also, I believe he said that it was "union" jobs that would be available.

red states rule
06-09-2009, 06:24 AM
Gee the liberals don't want to talk about this. I wonder why?

Funny how that was so bad during the Bush admin, but we have a massive bailout to the same people under Obama and liberals suddenly don't care

We were reminded daily how Pres Bush presided over annual job losses comparable to Hoover in the Great Depression in 2002 but we hear today how the job situation is getting better because not as many people are losing their jobs as those who lost them last month.

No more Great Depression talk.

darin
06-09-2009, 07:11 AM
He's such a piece of work. Honestly makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with him besides being delusional. and arrogant. and a liar.