PDA

View Full Version : Obama tells businesses to drop dead

06-08-2009, 07:58 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601039&refer=columnist_hassett&sid=aaaBdVMkjPnU

June 8 (Bloomberg) -- I’ve finally figured out the Obama economic strategy. President Barack Obama and his team have been having so much fun wielding dictatorial power while rescuing “failed” firms, that they have developed a scheme to gain the same power over every business. The plan is to enact policies that are so anticompetitive that every firm needs a bailout.

Once that happens, their new pay czar Kenneth Feinberg can set the wage for everybody and Rahm Emanuel can stack the boards of all of our companies with his political cronies.

I know, it sounds like an exaggeration. But look at it this way. If there were a power ranking of U.S. companies, like the ones compiled by football writers for National Football League teams, Microsoft would surely be first or second to Google. But last week, Microsoft Chief Executive Officer Steve Ballmer came to Washington to announce what Microsoft would do if Obama’s multinational tax policy is enacted.

“It makes U.S. jobs more expensive,” Ballmer said, “We’re better off taking lots of people and moving them out of the U.S.” If Microsoft, perhaps our most competitive company, has to abandon the U.S. in order to continue to thrive, who exactly is going to stay?

Exactly right, who is going to stay if it gets that bad? If this economy is destroyed we might be seeing illegal immigration to mexico soon.

Gaffer
06-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Every company will be required to have a political officer on hits board. Officers will also be placed within the work place. To help educate and deal with political disruption. More new job creation courtesy of the dark lord.

Insein
06-09-2009, 09:57 AM
Every company will be required to have a political officer on hits board. Officers will also be placed within the work place. To help educate and deal with political disruption. More new job creation courtesy of the dark lord.

Reminds me of a line in "The Hunt for Red October."

"Captain, we can not go on with the mission without a political officer!"