PDA

View Full Version : why wont government healthcare work

actsnoblemartin
06-08-2009, 08:46 PM
just thought i'd ask

April15
06-08-2009, 09:57 PM
California used to have a public healthcare system. Worked fine until Ronnie raygoon came alone.

n0spam4me
06-08-2009, 10:26 PM
The very same GOVERNMENT
that had the worlds most well funded DEFENSE DEPARTMENT
FAIL to defend even its own HQ .....

Now wants to run YOUR healthcare.

No, No Thank U! NONE of that for me.

PostmodernProphet
06-09-2009, 06:31 AM
the government that controls our oil reserves will not let us drill for oil that we have, even when we need it badly......what equally brilliant decisions will our government make when it controls our health system?......

Trigg
06-09-2009, 07:25 PM
The gov. has proven that they don't run healthcare efficiently already, the VA hospitals. WHY give them every other hospital to screw up as well????

The gov. is getting ready to further screw you and I and everyone else who pays their bills. They are implimenting a system for Medicade. They are going to call the patients after their procedures and ask, among other things, how they thought the hospital staff treated them, was the procedure explained to them, did they have to wait.

The amount they pay the hospitals depends on how the people answer the questions. Seems reasonable right????

Until you realize that the amount the hospital looses is going to get passed on to those of us who have other insurance.

I also suspect that smaller rural hospitals arn't going to loose as much money as large urban ones, because the patient volume is smaller.

So who's going to loose out IMHO?????? Large urban hospitals and the poor people who can't drive to smaller facilities.

crin63
06-09-2009, 09:23 PM
If you have ever dealt with an HMO and seen how screwed up they can be, multiply that exponentially and you will have a glimpse of how bad the government would do.

I have friends in Canada the health care system there is terrible. With a patient who they suspect has colon cancer she has to wait 30 days between appointments. You don't mess with cancer, every day wasted reduces the chance for survival.

darin
06-09-2009, 10:15 PM
The very same GOVERNMENT
that had the worlds most well funded DEFENSE DEPARTMENT
FAIL to defend even its own HQ .....

Now wants to run YOUR healthcare.

No, No Thank U! NONE of that for me.

I'm sorry - but I have to ask..what the sweet fuck are you talking about? That by far is the dumbest thing I've read in a long time. NOT the part about how the government will simply hinder proper care - but the whole 'defend it's HQ' crap. Are you spoking pot? What the holy hell does the MILITARY have to do with government-run health care. That's sort of like saying you wouldn't want to do it with a fat chick because houses are made of brick.

If you have ever dealt with an HMO and seen how screwed up they can be, multiply that exponentially and you will have a glimpse of how bad the government would do.

I have friends in Canada the health care system there is terrible. With a patient who they suspect has colon cancer she has to wait 30 days between appointments. You don't mess with cancer, every day wasted reduces the chance for survival.

Absolutely CR - that's a very good example. The government does very few things right that doesn't involve guns.