PDA

View Full Version : Voters Now Trust Republicans More than Democrats on Economic Issues

red states rule
06-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Well it didn't take the Dems long to make some important changes to the polls

Now, can CONSERVATIVES take advantage? Obama and the Dems have opened the door so wide, you could drive several semis thru it

Voters now trust Republicans more than Democrats on six out of 10 key issues, including the top issue of the economy.

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 45% now trust the GOP more to handle economic issues, while 39% trust Democrats more.

This is the first time in over two years of polling that the GOP has held the advantage on this issue. The parties were close in May, with the Democrats holding a modest 44% to 43% edge. The latest survey was taken just after General Motors announced it was going into bankruptcy as part of a deal brokered by the Obama administration that gives the government majority ownership of the failing automaker.

Voters not affiliated with either party now trust the GOP more to handle economic issues by a two-to-one margin.

Separate Rasmussen tracking shows that the economy remains the top issue among voters in terms of importance.

Republicans also now hold a six-point lead on the issue of government ethics and corruption, the second most important issue to all voters and the top issue among unaffiliated voters. That shows a large shift from May, when Democrats held an 11-point lead on the issue.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/mood_of_america/trust_on_issues/trust_on_issues

n0spam4me
06-09-2009, 08:43 AM
that people are still playing the "left" vs "right" game and its anti-productive!

Abandon the Donkey and Elephant!

Its Dirty Politics vs WE THE PEOPLE

Get a Clue

The Emperor is NAKED!

red states rule
06-09-2009, 08:45 AM
that people are still playing the "left" vs "right" game and its anti-productive!

Abandon the Donkey and Elephant!

Its Dirty Politics vs WE THE PEOPLE

Get a Clue

The Emperor is NAKED!

I have abandoned the Elephant. I want Reagan conservatism back. Only those policies will fix the problems we face

What do you think is the answer?