PDA

View Full Version : More Surgery

red states rule
06-09-2009, 05:55 PM
After seeing another Dr for a second opinion, I will be having a surgical procedure to remove a build up of xcar Tissue and adhesions

With some luck, after the procedure on Thursday, I will not have any more pain, and get on with my life. DR says after a few days I should be back to work in a week

No signs of cancer, or any infections - so this could be the last procedure I will have to have

glockmail
06-09-2009, 06:06 PM
After seeing another Dr for a second opinion, I will be having a surgical procedure to remove a build up of xcar Tissue and adhesions

With some luck, after the procedure on Thursday, I will not have any more pain, and get on with my life. DR says after a few days I should be back to work in a week

No signs of cancer, or any infections - so this could be the last procedure I will have to have
Being cancer free is the huge news here. Looks like Virgil's prayers to the devil didn't work. Congrats my friend.

red states rule
06-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Being cancer free is the huge news here. Looks like Virgil's prayers to the devil didn't work. Congrats my friend.

Yep, he will be disappointed to say the least. This Dr has a great rep in the area, and he had no problem figuring out what the issue probably is

Funny how so many other Dr's could not figure it out

I hate to think where I would be under Obamacare

Abbey Marie
06-09-2009, 06:40 PM
That sounds VERY promising, my friend!

red states rule
06-09-2009, 06:44 PM

Yes it does Abbey. My GF highly recommened this Dr - and I was impressed with him

He wore a 3 piece suite, came out to waiting room and greeted his patients, and took them back to the exam room or his office. I have never seen a Dr do that before

crin63
06-09-2009, 07:20 PM
That does sound like great news my friend. Keep us posted.

Gaffer
06-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Good to hear RSR. Virgil will be greatly disappointed. I on the other hand am very happy for you.

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2009, 08:12 PM

thank god, rsr rules :dance:

red states rule
06-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Good to hear RSR. Virgil will be greatly disappointed. I on the other hand am very happy for you.

Virgil will get over it - and I hope I will be over this in a few days

Thanks Gaffer :thumb:

red states rule
06-09-2009, 08:39 PM
thank god, rsr rules :dance:

Thanks Martin - and I already have thanked him many times today

actsnoblemartin
06-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Thanks Martin - and I already have thanked him many times today

woo hoo :)

Mr. P
06-09-2009, 09:11 PM
Lots of friends here RSR!

My best :thumb:

P

darin
06-09-2009, 10:19 PM
Godspeed!

Kathianne
06-10-2009, 04:02 AM
Wonderful news! Here's to a week from Thursday! :cheers2:

red states rule
06-10-2009, 04:54 AM
Wonderful news! Here's to a week from Thursday! :cheers2:

Yes, finally light can be seen at the end od the tunnel

chloe
06-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Great news and has the experienced changed your life in profound ways? Bow that your cancer free do you have a list of things you would like to go do and enjoy life more fully?

red states rule
06-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Great news and has the experienced changed your life in profound ways? Bow that your cancer free do you have a list of things you would like to go do and enjoy life more fully?

It was a wake up call. I had severe pain and the Dr found both a tumor and colon cancer. Turned out it mwas Stage 3 cancer and I went thru chemo

The chemo was all thru an IV and I had a port placed in my upper chest. it is still there in case the cancer returns

Overall, I have lost alot of weight, and have more energy. Take the tests when the Dr tells you. If not for the tumor, the cancer never would have been found

Not considered cancer cured yet - I have another year to go

chloe
06-10-2009, 01:09 PM
ahh I see, well my heart goes out to you Im glad your recovering.

red states rule
06-10-2009, 01:11 PM
ahh I see, well my heart goes out to you Im glad your recovering.

Thanks Chloe. Please make sure you, and your family memebers get the tests to make sure there is nothing going on inside your body

Never had any problems yet the cancer was found thanks to something unrelated - and it had already spread into the inner walls

glockmail
06-10-2009, 05:50 PM
Good to hear RSR. Virgil will be greatly disappointed. I on the other hand am very happy for you.lol @ fucking virgil :lol:

Jeff
06-10-2009, 10:36 PM

Thank God No cancer :thumb:

I will be praying for a speedy recovery RSR

red states rule
06-12-2009, 03:40 AM
Good morning everyone. The surgery went great, and for the first time in over one year I have NO pain

I am a little tender where they went in but other then that - I am fine. It will take a few days to recover, but I should be back to work ealry next week

The Dr said I have TONS of scar tissue, and part of my intestine was shoved up against the inner walls, and that what was causinf the pain

I have seen numerous Dr, had every medical test you could think of - and this DR fixes me up in 48 hours

Go figure

Kathianne
06-12-2009, 04:12 AM
Good morning everyone. The surgery went great, and for the first time in over one year I have NO pain

I am a little tender where they went in but other then that - I am fine. It will take a few days to recover, but I should be back to work ealry next week

The Dr said I have TONS of scar tissue, and part of my intestine was shoved up against the inner walls, and that what was causinf the pain

I have seen numerous Dr, had every medical test you could think of - and this DR fixes me up in 48 hours

Go figure

Glad to hear this! Was surprised to see you on so early. :beer:

red states rule
06-12-2009, 04:15 AM
Glad to hear this! Was surprised to see you on so early. :beer:

I am my GF's house, I slept much of the day yesterday and last night. She was wasted from the long day, and has to open the shop up at 8 AM

So I am puttering around on the board as not to wake her up, and bseides being very tender, I am looking forward to a FAST recovery Kathy

Mr. P
06-12-2009, 07:23 AM
Fantastic!!!

Monkeybone
06-12-2009, 07:35 AM
great news RSR

Gaffer
06-12-2009, 09:30 AM
:beer: :cheers2: :clap:

Great news.

Abbey Marie
06-12-2009, 10:09 AM
Board reacts to RSR's great news:

http://users.telenet.be/honeybee1/allen.gif

red states rule
06-12-2009, 10:23 AM
Board reacts to RSR's great news:

http://users.telenet.be/honeybee1/allen.gif

Thank you Abbey and to everyone else. I can't tell you how damn good it feels NOT to have the pain in the lower area

I am very tender on my left side where the Dr operated - but that should heal up in a few days

Thanks again to all - and I am sorry Virgil I did not have better news for you :laugh2:

emmett
06-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Grrrreeeeeaaat news RSR.

just think though, if we had government health care, oh never mind!

red states rule
06-12-2009, 10:29 AM
Grrrreeeeeaaat news RSR.

just think though, if we had government health care, oh never mind!

Emmett, I know damn well if I had Obamacare, the cancer would have killed me before all the paperwork was filled out and the first treatment given

THEN Virgil's grave maintance program would have come to pass

I do feel sorry for the people who will see frist hand the failure of a government run healthcare system - people WILL die

Abbey Marie
06-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Thank you Abbey and to everyone else. I can't tell you how damn good it feels NOT to have the pain in the lower area

I am very tender on my left side where the Dr operated - but that should heal up in a few days

Thanks again to all - and I am sorry Virgil I did not have better news for you :laugh2:

There is nothing better than the absence of pain after a long time being in pain. You should go to the shore and celebrate the quality of life restored to you.

red states rule
06-12-2009, 10:35 AM
There is nothing better than the absence of pain after a long time being in pain. You should go to the shore and celebrate the quality of life restored to you.

I wish I could Abbey. I have to go right back to work. I plan to do that either Wed of Thurs

However, my GF (SLG) and I are talking about a cruise next year to celebrate the good news. We both have to pay down some debt right now, but we are tlalking about a future together that just got alot better looking

I am a very lucky man. Over 300 million people in the US and I was lucky enough to find her. God has given many gifts recently - and she is at the top of the list

Mr. P
06-12-2009, 10:37 AM
Emmett, I know damn well if I had Obamacare, the cancer would have killed me before all the paperwork was filled out and the first treatment given

THEN Virgil's grave maintance program would have come to pass

I do feel sorry for the people who will see frist hand the failure of a government run healthcare system - people WILL die

We've had several clients die while waiting on SS disability..these were very sick folks that had to endure the yrs it takes for relief. A GOVERNMENT RUN PROGRAM.

red states rule
06-12-2009, 10:41 AM
We've had several clients die while waiting on SS disability..these were very sick folks that had to endure the yrs it takes for relief. A GOVERNMENT RUN PROGRAM.

As I have said, I am a lucky man. I did not not have to depend on others for my medical care - yet people who will do that will get the shock of their lives when they see how great "free" healthcare is

glockmail
06-12-2009, 10:42 AM
There is nothing better than the absence of pain after a long time being in pain. ... Yes quite often I clamp my finger with one of those huge paper clips because it feels so good when I take it off.

Abbey Marie
06-12-2009, 10:46 AM
Yes quite often I clamp my finger with one of those huge paper clips because it feels so good when I take it off.

Hey, whatever blows your skirt up. :)

red states rule
06-12-2009, 10:48 AM
Hey, whatever blows your skirt up. :)

Also, not only is the pain in my lower area gone, but the pain of reading Virgil's posts has greatly deminished since Virgil does not post here as often

Seems his feelings were hurt by someone :coffee:

Gaffer
06-12-2009, 10:53 AM
Also, not only is the pain in my lower area gone, but the pain of reading Virgil's posts has greatly deminished since Virgil does not post here as often

Maybe he skipped down to mexico and is experiencing some of that wonderful third world technology.

red states rule
06-12-2009, 10:54 AM
Maybe he skipped down to mexico and is experiencing some of that wonderful third world technology.

and possibly on a voter recruiting drive to bring them into the country in time so they can voite for the Dems in 2010

emmett
06-12-2009, 10:59 AM

I'm sorry!

red states rule
06-12-2009, 11:02 AM
I'm sorry!

About what? That you can't hurt him again? I am "sorry" his trip to vist my grave has been postponed indefinitely

Abbey Marie
06-12-2009, 11:13 AM
Gabby's cool!

red states rule
06-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Gabby's cool!

Yes, I have heard she has been called "The Ice Princess" :laugh2:

Jeff
06-14-2009, 08:52 PM
Glad to hear the good news RSR!!!

Time to get back to living pain free!! Great news!!

red states rule
06-16-2009, 10:11 AM
Glad to hear the good news RSR!!!

Time to get back to living pain free!! Great news!!

Looks as if I found a Dr that actually knew what the hell he was doing. My side is healing fine, and it is back to work full time tomorrow

The Dr called to check on me this morning, and all I have is a little tenderness where the cuts were made

I am shocked that for over a year I had needless tests, paid copays and deductables for tests that were not needed, and when those tests came back not shwing anything I was dismissed out of hand

However, on the plus side it is nice to know there are no problems inside, and the cancer is in remission

Thanks again to all for your kind words, your concern, and blessings

Mr. P
06-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Looks as if I found a Dr that actually knew what the hell he was doing. My side is healing fine, and it is back to work full time tomorrow

The Dr called to check on me this morning, and all I have is a little tenderness where the cuts were made

I am shocked that for over a year I had needless tests, paid copays and deductables for tests that were not needed, and when those tests came back not shwing anything I was dismissed out of hand

However, on the plus side it is nice to know there are no problems inside, and the cancer is in remission

Thanks again to all for your kind words, your concern, and blessings

Doctors are like auto mechanics cept they service the human body. It's as difficult to find a good auto mechanic that knows whats wrong without replacing part after part to find the problem as it is to find a good body mechanic who knows whats wrong without running test after test to tell them whats wrong.

Glad ya found the right guy!!

red states rule
06-16-2009, 10:49 AM
Doctors are like auto mechanics cept they service the human body. It's as difficult to find a good auto mechanic that knows whats wrong without replacing part after part to find the problem as it is to find a good body mechanic who knows whats wrong without running test after test to tell them whats wrong.

Glad ya found the right guy!!

I am to Mr P. This guy made a great first impresion. Dressed in a 3 piece suite, he came out to the waiting room and personally greeted his patients

He met me and my GF, took us back to his office and actually talked to me in English, described what he thought my problem was, and answered our questions completely

On the day of the surgery he talked to during the pre-op process, and said he was confident he could fix me up. He was there in post-op and talked to me about what he found

And he called me this morning to check and see how I was doing

Very refreshing after all the other Dr's I had who thought I was trying to milk the disability or a nut with a illness that was not there

Abbey Marie
06-16-2009, 11:05 AM
I am to Mr P. This guy made a great first impresion. Dressed in a 3 piece suite, he came out to the waiting room and personally greeted his patients

He met me and my GF, took us back to his office and actually talked to me in English, described what he thought my problem was, and answered our questions completely

On the day of the surgery he talked to during the pre-op process, and said he was confident he could fix me up. He was there in post-op and talked to me about what he found

Very refreshing after all the other Dr's I had who thought I was trying to milk the disability or a nut with a illness that was not there

Some people only get to see a Physician's Assistant when they visit their doctor. You found a gem.

red states rule
06-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Some people only get to see a Physician's Assistant when they visit their doctor. You found a gem.

When I go to my PCP I sometimes see a PA Abbey - but I never been dismissed as a nut or had them screw up the dianogious

He is a great Dr, and I will stay with him. He is worth his weight in gold Abbey

Mr. P
06-16-2009, 11:10 AM

I have a Dr. that had me come to his office at 10 p.m. on a Sunday for a scratched cornea. He's also called me at 10 p.m. to see how I was doing.
I don't think the guy ever sleeps or takes time off! He's older and definitely a rare bird. He was the flight surgeon for a company I worked for so all 17 pilots saw him at least once per yr. One of our guys got cancer and when he got real bad this Dr. would make house calls to give injections and such..I'll miss his care and concern when he's gone.