PDA

View Full Version : work related dreams

chloe
06-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Every night since my vacation started Ive had dreams about work, co-workers and stessful situations, but at least in my waking moments things are beautiful. last night in my dreams my mother took me to meet shakti gawan, I think hes a singe ror writer, but in my dream he was a psychic and told me I would be helping a sad boy and a rebel, I told him I was too busy to do that I have 2 daughters and a job. Shakti said he would talk again with me later.My Job was new and I was a debt collector but when I arrived for my first day the trainer was un prepared he gave me a list of clients who never pay and told me to call them, he had no computer for me to process the payment but on my first call I got the full balance payment and people at work scrambled to assemble a computer together to process the payment. I woke up stressed out.

Does anyone else have stress related work dreams on vacations?

Kathianne
06-10-2009, 01:10 PM
Every night since my vacation started Ive had dreams about work, co-workers and stessful situations, but at least in my waking moments things are beautiful. last night in my dreams my mother took me to meet shakti gawan, I think hes a singe ror writer, but in my dream he was a psychic and told me I would be helping a sad boy and a rebel, I told him I was too busy to do that I have 2 daughters and a job. Shakti said he would talk again with me later.My Job was new and I was a debt collector but when I arrived for my first day the trainer was un prepared he gave me a list of clients who never pay and told me to call them, he had no computer for me to process the payment but on my first call I got the full balance payment and people at work scrambled to assemble a computer together to process the payment. I woke up stressed out.

Does anyone else have stress related work dreams on vacations?

Umm, does going to school naked count? How about being locked in the school, with no kids?

Not as bad as another that told me she has nightmares that she got a notice that she was x number of credits short of high school requirements and there was a DEMAND TO RETURN. She tried explaining she already held a degree from a university, but made no difference, she was TRUANT!

Abbey Marie
06-10-2009, 01:39 PM
Umm, does going to school naked count? How about being locked in the school, with no kids?

Not as bad as another that told me she has nightmares that she got a notice that she was x number of credits short of high school requirements and there was a DEMAND TO RETURN. She tried explaining she already held a degree from a university, but made no difference, she was TRUANT!

I have had a recurring dream where it is the end of the school year in college, and I realize I never went to that class all year. It's really a very stressful dream to have.

PostmodernProphet
06-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Umm, does going to school naked count?

only if I'm sitting in the classroom......

dan
06-10-2009, 05:29 PM
Your brain has been conditioned to expect work-related stress every weekday, so since you're on vacation, it's giving you those dreams to keep itself balanced.

Or something. I really don't know that for sure, but it makes sense to me.

glockmail
06-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Dreams about work- never. About college though, yes. Who here hasn't had the one about going to a final exam and not knowing where the building is? Or you get a notice about a final and you forgot to go to class all semester? :eek:

jackass
06-10-2009, 07:08 PM
When I was working in the city, I had dreams about work almost every night. When my wife would wake me up, I would start talking in my sleep about just fixing one last computer or bringing a new computer somewhere. :coffee:

Kathianne
06-10-2009, 07:21 PM
only if I'm sitting in the classroom......

Then you'd need to be short credits for middle school. ;)

Trigg
06-11-2009, 06:17 PM
Thank goodness I just have dreams about my wacked out family :coffee:

chloe
06-11-2009, 08:40 PM
the dream I had last night I come home from my vacation and the company I work fior moved and nobody told me and I couldn't find the new building and I was going to get fired if I was late. The whole dream was a race against time.

PostmodernProphet
06-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Then you'd need to be short credits for middle school. ;)

you could do it at parent-teacher conferences......