PDA

View Full Version : Miranda Rights for Terrorists

red states rule
06-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Once again, the left shows they have no desire to DEFEAT terrorists - only coddle them

So now Miranda rights for NON US CITIZENS captured on the battlefield?????

Miranda Rights for Terrorists

When 9/11 mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammad was captured on March 1, 2003, he was not cooperative. “I’ll talk to you guys after I get to New York and see my lawyer,” he said, according to former CIA Director George Tenet.

Of course, KSM did not get a lawyer until months later, after his interrogation was completed, and Tenet says that the information the CIA obtained from him disrupted plots and saved lives. “I believe none of these successes would have happened if we had had to treat KSM like a white-collar criminal – read him his Miranda rights and get him a lawyer who surely would have insisted that his client simply shut up,” Tenet wrote in his memoirs.

If Tenet is right, it’s a good thing KSM was captured before Barack Obama became president. For, the Obama Justice Department has quietly ordered FBI agents to read Miranda rights to high value detainees captured and held at U.S. detention facilities in Afghanistan, according a senior Republican on the House Intelligence Committee. “The administration has decided to change the focus to law enforcement. Here’s the problem. You have foreign fighters who are targeting US troops today – foreign fighters who go to another country to kill Americans. We capture them…and they’re reading them their rights – Mirandizing these foreign fighters,” says Representative Mike Rogers, who recently met with military, intelligence and law enforcement officials on a fact-finding trip to Afghanistan.

Rogers, a former FBI special agent and U.S. Army officer, says the Obama administration has not briefed Congress on the new policy. “I was a little surprised to find it taking place when I showed up because we hadn’t been briefed on it, I didn’t know about it. We’re still trying to get to the bottom of it, but it is clearly a part of this new global justice initiative.”

http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/06/miranda_rights_for_terrorists.asp

chesswarsnow
06-10-2009, 08:07 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Insanity.
2. And lets provide them with lawyers and law books.
3. Open door policy.
4. Slap em on the wrist and set em free!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

emmett
06-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Insanity.
2. And lets provide them with lawyers and law books.
3. Open door policy.
4. Slap em on the wrist and set em free!

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Ah.....we already do. They eat better than any prisoner in the Federal Prison system, have special religious requests honored, get special clothes to wear instead of prison uniforms and many other special entitlements.

Tudor
06-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Ah.....we already do. They eat better than any prisoner in the Federal Prison system, have special religious requests honored, get special clothes to wear instead of prison uniforms and many other special entitlements.

I don't think being waterboarded is a "special entitlement."

Nukeman
06-11-2009, 07:21 PM

Well we could always cut their heads off slowly and broadcast it all over the world. Would that be better?????????:poke:

These are not people "suspected" of doing wrong. These are people CAUGHT RED HANDED performing TERRORIST acts to the U.S. armed forces.

red states rule
06-12-2009, 03:47 AM
Well we could always cut their heads off slowly and broadcast it all over the world. Would that be better?????????:poke:

These are not people "suspected" of doing wrong. These are people CAUGHT RED HANDED performing TERRORIST acts to the U.S. armed forces.

I have been posting how this would happen, and the lefties here like BP, VMD, PB and others all went after me as a right wing nut hack

Where are they on this thread? Where are their defense of Obama on this issue?

It would seem their slobbering love for the Choosen One prevents them from posting any comments on this topic

emmett
06-12-2009, 08:42 PM

Hold up newbie! You dare question El Debator! :laugh2:Where did I mention "waterboarding" (?). I simply said and it is most certainly true that prisoners at Gitmo who are caught red handed perpretarting murderous crimes against Americans are treated better than other prisoners in the system of detainment. They get their choice of food. have you ever seen the menu (look it up yourself), they do not wear standard prison garb for religious purposes, have endless religious freedom to worship multiple times a day.

That is all I was saying. Now be careful, I'll let this infraction slide since you are new but next time you will find yourself in the one on one cage with El Debator and others can attest that is not a pleasant experience.:laugh2:

emmett
06-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Oh....and welcome to the board Tudor

Gaffer
06-13-2009, 09:19 AM
Hold up newbie! You dare question El Debator! :laugh2:Where did I mention "waterboarding" (?). I simply said and it is most certainly true that prisoners at Gitmo who are caught red handed perpretarting murderous crimes against Americans are treated better than other prisoners in the system of detainment. They get their choice of food. have you ever seen the menu (look it up yourself), they do not wear standard prison garb for religious purposes, have endless religious freedom to worship multiple times a day.

That is all I was saying. Now be careful, I'll let this infraction slide since you are new but next time you will find yourself in the one on one cage with El Debator and others can attest that is not a pleasant experience.:laugh2:

But Emmett, as I recall everyone of the libs you have challenged to debate you has backed out or flat out refused to debate. You always argue with facts, truth and knowledge and they can't argue with that.

gabosaurus
06-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Another totally illogical nonsense thread perpetrated by Mr. Cut and Paste.
I keep imagining RSR and Virgil in the Big Brother house. What fun that would be. :D

emmett
06-14-2009, 03:04 PM
But Emmett, as I recall everyone of the libs you have challenged to debate you has backed out or flat out refused to debate. You always argue with facts, truth and knowledge and they can't argue with that.

You are too kind Gaff. I just get tired of the statements being made so as to assume a prospect of accuracy. Muslim prisoners are treated very well at Gitmo. VERY WELL! Especially so now since the "transition"

As for the Libs. They do seem to display a slight fear of the wrath of El Debator. :laugh2: Strange though, I think it is because I will not stoop to namecalling and innuendo and that is what they really want. They don't rattle me and basically that is their agenda. It isn't really to stand for anything just to be disagreeable and control the lives of Conservative Americans because in essence they do have a majority now.

It's cool though because the true color bleeds through the page on all their issues. When they run into someone who does not rattle and get all excited when they spew their stuff, they don't waste anymore time. Good strategy I believe as El Debtor stands always ready to dismantle the rhetoric when called upon. Problem is there are less phone booths available for me to step into when I need to change into my garb. I'm gonna have to consult with Underdog and see how he has addressed that issue!:laugh2:

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 01:03 AM
Tsk, tsk, tsk. And who ever suggested miranda rights for terrorists?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Does the fearmongering and hatred not ever get tiring for you reichwingers?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 01:05 AM
well, do we as americans care what the world thinks of us.

I think its a good question

and should we close guantanamo

your thoughts?

Tsk, tsk, tsk. And who ever suggested miranda rights for terrorists?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?

Does the fearmongering and hatred not ever get tiring for you reichwingers?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 01:10 AM

your thoughts?

Yes

I agree

Yes

What's your confusion?!?!?!?!???!?!?!??! I've shared my thoughts many times here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of them have gotten my banned from the site and from particular conversations!!!!!!!!! Even tonight, dimples is pissing down his legs trying to shut me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 01:11 AM

your thoughts?

Yes

I agree

Yes

What's your confusion?!?!?!?!???!?!?!??! I've shared my thoughts many times here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of them have gotten me banned from the site and from particular conversations!!!!!!!!! Even tonight, dimples is pissing down his legs trying to shut me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Im a very confused young man dont ya know :coffee:

Yes

I agree

Yes

What's your confusion?!?!?!?!???!?!?!??! I've shared my thoughts many times here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Some of them have gotten me banned from the site and from particular conversations!!!!!!!!! Even tonight, dimples is pissing down his legs trying to shut me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 01:59 AM
I dig that, marteen.

Im a very confused young man dont ya know :coffee:

Are you accusing me of exploitation?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!???!

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 02:00 AM
if i wanted to accuse you, id come out and say it:

you know me, I think youre one of my teachers on politics

so chill homie :cheers2:

I dig that, marteen.

Are you accusing me of exploitation?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!???!

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 02:32 AM
"Chill"????? What's the deal, cowgirl?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!

if i wanted to accuse you, id come out and say it:

you know me, I think youre one of my teachers on politics

so chill homie :cheers2:

Are you getting paranoid or just protecting yourself from the intimidators?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 02:33 AM
paranoia is my first refuge :coffee:

"Chill"????? What's the deal, cowgirl?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!

Are you getting paranoid or just protecting yourself from the intimidators?!?!?!??!!??!?!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 03:16 AM
There is medication and clinical treatment available for you, marteen.

paranoia is my first refuge :coffee:

Speak with your doctor often and honestly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 03:20 AM
I was kidding about the paranoia :coffee:

There is medication and clinical treatment available for you, marteen.

Speak with your doctor often and honestly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 03:23 AM
now get up and dance old man :coffee:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

http://www.imeem.com/artists/garys_gang/music/BrzddXEX/garys-gang-keep-on-dancin-extended/

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 04:18 AM
What you got, girlie?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? A polka, a waltz, a simple ass Texas 2 step?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!??!

now get up and dance old man :coffee:

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

http://www.imeem.com/artists/garys_gang/music/BrzddXEX/garys-gang-keep-on-dancin-extended/

Can I offer you a little advise?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?

Psychoblues

actsnoblemartin
06-15-2009, 04:19 AM
sure

What you got, girlie?!?!?!?!??!?!?!? A polka, a waltz, a simple ass Texas 2 step?!?!?!?!?!???!?!?!??!

Can I offer you a little advise?!?!?!?!???!?!?!?

Psychoblues

Psychoblues
06-15-2009, 04:39 AM
3rd grade thinking is within your abilities, marteen.

sure

Use that minimal skill in simple discernment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psychoblues

red states rule
06-16-2009, 12:35 AM

Psychoblues

Obama has, and it is being done as pointed out in the OP

Or did you ignore that part?

Terrorists will now be getting complete legal rights within our judicial system, which tells me they could be released on a technicality after killing one of our soldiers.

Meanwhile, our soldiers get the privilege of having their legal rights ignored and being publicly smeared by like Murtha, Kerry, and liberal groups like Code Pink

red states rule
06-16-2009, 12:43 AM

Here is how the terrorists are treated these days

Life in paradise as Guantanamo Four take a dip, eat ice cream, and plan first Uighur restaurant in British territory of Bermuda

They look like ordinary tourists as they stroll along the seafront on the British territory of Bermuda, but these four men are far from regular sunseekers for they have spent the last seven years locked up in Guantanamo Bay.

The former terror suspects are Uighurs - members of China's Muslim Turkic-speaking minority - and hail from a rugged province in the far west of the country

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/15/article-1192872-0557ED19000005DC-882_634x402.jpg

They were detained by the Americans, who eventually determined they were not a threat to the United States. But because no country volunteered to take them and it was feared they would be detained and tortured if they were returned to China, the men were left in limbo.

Now they have been given a chance by officials in the millionaire's playground - an island paradise that doubles as one of the wealthiest countries in the world.

And already they have dreams of opening the first Uighur restaurant.
Embracing the delights of their new island home, the Uighurs have already taken a sunset swim and caught a fish at their first attempt at fishing. They have also reverted to their real names after using pseudonyms since leaving China.

They encountered a fisherman while walking along the beach and became curious about the art of fishing, their lawyer said

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/06/15/article-1192872-0557F778000005DC-225_634x378.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1192872/Guantanamo-4-hit-shops-day-freedom.html

emmett
06-16-2009, 12:54 AM
What a warm and fuzzy story RSR. Thank You

red states rule
06-16-2009, 12:58 AM
What a warm and fuzzy story RSR. Thank You

I thought so, Obama is trying to "redeem" America in the eyes of the world. Now if only FDR would have shown the same compassion and understanding to German POW's during WWII, Hitler might have seen the error of his ways and stopped the war

emmett
06-16-2009, 01:02 AM
Nah....he would have lost the next "election". Like whatzhisfuk in Iran. Geeeeez.

Yup...thats what we need, to show some compassion.

red states rule
06-16-2009, 01:08 AM
Nah....he would have lost the next "election". Like whatzhisfuk in Iran. Geeeeez.

Yup...thats what we need, to show some compassion.

The implications of reading them their rights mean they have these rights and are entitled to their protection.

Having a lawyer, sure give it to them: Obama can say we saved another job by hiring a lawyer for them.