PDA

View Full Version : Sweet! Steelers get their rings!

jimnyc
06-10-2009, 04:05 PM
Some say gaudy and too large, but it's not easy making a ring showcasing so damn many SB wins!!!

I kid. There is nothing subtle or understated about the Steelers' new finger hardware. It is big, gaudy and garish, just like a Super Bowl ring should be. Mr. T. should look at a Super Bowl ring and say, "Geez, I don't know. That's just too much." Have a look at the newest ones:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__14/ept_sports_nfl_experts-446182119-1244634507.jpg?ymMGTZBDtqZnGLDW

• Each ring weighs 3.7 ounces.
• Each ring contains 63 diamonds that equal 3.61 carats
• The face features six big diamonds, one for each Steelers Super Bowl win
• Seven smaller diamonds at the top represent the Steelers' seven conference championships
• Seven more at the bottom represent the Steelers 14 divisional titles

On one side, the player's name is displayed along with his number, the Steelers logo, and the NFL logo. On the other side is the Super Bowl XLIII logo, the score of the Super Bowl, and six Lombardi Trophies sitting inside Heinz Field (not to scale).

The rings are huge, too, even by modern standards. When Charlie Batch(notes) held up his ring next to his Super Bowl XL ring, the Post-Gazette reported that the older ring looked "half the size of the new one."

These things seem to get bigger and bigger every year, with each Super Bowl-winning owner trying to outdo the last. Sometime in the next 10 years, someone's going to sprain a finger putting on their new Super Bowl ring.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/The-Steelers-get-their-subtle-understated-Super?urn=nfl,169248

jackass
06-10-2009, 07:16 PM
I hope the gold in the rings are tainted and they all get infections so that they all need their fingers cut off!

jimnyc
06-10-2009, 07:45 PM
I hope the gold in the rings are tainted and they all get infections so that they all need their fingers cut off!

Why you filthy no good Giants rooting bitch! Here, look below for a picture of the rings that the Giants received for their efforts last year:

Abbey Marie
06-10-2009, 08:53 PM
Why you filthy no good Giants rooting bitch! Here, look below for a picture of the rings that the Giants received for their efforts last year:

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/mad/1003.gif

gabosaurus
06-11-2009, 09:59 AM
You're late Jim. My Terrible Towel-waving friend Katie already sent me this story and pictures.
Katie is getting married next summer. I am expecting a black and gold wedding dress. :lmao:

jackass
06-11-2009, 01:46 PM

I hate to say it, but I think the Steelers most recent ring might be the best I have ever seen. I really like it.

Now that doesnt mean I still dont hope that the gold is tainted and gives them all infections!

sgtdmski
09-18-2009, 09:55 PM
If u ask me they are a work of art. I am sure other teams in the league wish they had the problem of the Steelers, figuring out how to fit all their wins on one ring. I wonder what will happen when we reach, 7, 8 or even 10 SB Championships??????

dmk