PDA

View Full Version : Sotomayor: Never thought about rights of unborn

-Cp
06-11-2009, 02:24 PM
President Obama's Supreme Court nominee has made an astonishing admission -- she has never considered whether an unborn child has any rights.

Senator Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina) says he had a "good meeting" with Judge Sonia Sotomayor on Wednesday that covered a broad range of issues, but none of his concerns about the high court nominee were eased.

DeMint, chairman of the Senate Steering Committee, says he remains deeply disturbed with her view of the Second Amendment. "She was unwilling to say the Second Amendment protects a fundamental right that applies to all Americans, which raises serious questions about her view of the Bill of Rights," the senator offers.

Full article:
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=563492

Missileman
06-11-2009, 05:32 PM
President Obama's Supreme Court nominee has made an astonishing admission -- she has never considered whether an unborn child has any rights.

Senator Jim DeMint (R-South Carolina) says he had a "good meeting" with Judge Sonia Sotomayor on Wednesday that covered a broad range of issues, but none of his concerns about the high court nominee were eased.

DeMint, chairman of the Senate Steering Committee, says he remains deeply disturbed with her view of the Second Amendment. "She was unwilling to say the Second Amendment protects a fundamental right that applies to all Americans, which raises serious questions about her view of the Bill of Rights," the senator offers.

Full article:
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Politics/Default.aspx?id=563492

Since the unborn have no rights, I don't see why you are astonished she's never considered the idea.

PostmodernProphet
06-11-2009, 05:37 PM
Since the unborn have no rights, I don't see why you are astonished she's never considered the idea.

I would expect a Supreme Court nominee to have considered the issue, since it has consistently been raised regarding every nominee since Roe v Wade.....personally, I expect it is a dishonest answer....that she does in fact have an opinion on the issue, but doesn't want it discussed prior to her nomination......quite frankly, if she really hasn't considered it, she isn't qualified to be on the Court of Appeals let alone the SC.......

crin63
06-11-2009, 05:42 PM
I would expect a Supreme Court nominee to have considered the issue, since it has consistently been raised regarding every nominee since Roe v Wade.....personally, I expect it is a dishonest answer....that she does in fact have an opinion on the issue, but doesn't want it discussed prior to her nomination......quite frankly, if she really hasn't considered it, she isn't qualified to be on the Court of Appeals let alone the SC.......

Rumor has it that she is Catholic and pro-life. Hard to imagine but that was the rumor.

Missileman
06-11-2009, 05:54 PM
Rumor has it that she is Catholic and pro-life. Hard to imagine but that was the rumor.

To consider the unborn to have rights is as absurd a notion as considering the dead to have rights.

crin63
06-11-2009, 06:11 PM
To consider the unborn to have rights is as absurd a notion as considering the dead to have rights.

Thats interesting, then how can someone be charged with murder for killing some womans unborn baby in say a drunk driving incident or battery.

You really hate the unborn or just really want them to count for nothing. It makes me wonder why.

Missileman
06-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Thats interesting, then how can someone be charged with murder for killing some womans unborn baby in say a drunk driving incident or battery.

You really hate the unborn or just really want them to count for nothing. It makes me wonder why.

It's a charge that's only levied IF the unborn baby is capable of surviving on it's own. In any case, being the victim of a murder isn't a right, right?

Psychoblues
06-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Is there no end to the horse shit?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

PostmodernProphet
06-11-2009, 07:30 PM

since you have come to that conclusion, you apparently are more qualified to be on the SC than Sotomayor....since you have considered the issue....it never dawned on her to think about it......

Psychoblues
06-11-2009, 08:11 PM
You pitiful shits give thinking peoples a headache!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

darin
06-11-2009, 08:13 PM
PB removed for blatant flaming