PDA

View Full Version : *Looks Like Lettermen Turned Into A Dirtbag*

chesswarsnow
06-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. Well what some thinks funny, makes others wonder about their moral uprightedness.
2. Slandering a teenager.
3. And attacking the Governer of Alaska, in such a low brow manner.
4. I think Lettermen might be becoming a babbling fool.
5. Also Alex Rodrigez isn't too happy with his comments I wouldn't think.
6. I smell *Law Suit*.
7. Read all about it here.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2009/06/palin-vs-letterman.html

8. Heres a free sample for yas!

“Bought makeup from Bloomingdale's to update her 'slutty flight attendant' look,” Letterman said.

“One awkward moment for Sarah Palin at the Yankee game, during the seventh inning, her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez

Todd Palin then said this:

Todd Palin added: “Any 'jokes' about raping my 14-year-old are despicable. Alaskans know it and I believe the rest of the world knows it, too.”

Sarah had this to say:

'Laughter incited by sexually-perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity aimed at a 14-year-old girl is not only disgusting, but it reminds us some Hollywood/NY entertainers have a long way to go in understanding what the rest of America understands - that acceptance of inappropriate sexual comments about an underage girl, who could be anyone's daughter, contributes to the atrociously high rate of sexual exploitation of minors by older men who use and abuse others.' ”

9. This kind of gutter humor is what late night tv has become.
10. No wonder I stopped watching years ago.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

darin
06-11-2009, 08:24 PM
Mr. Letterman - I'm convinced - is suffering from a mental/moral illness. :(

Little-Acorn
06-11-2009, 08:27 PM
*Looks Like Lettermen Turned Into A Dirtbag*

He didn't turn into anything. He's the same as he's always been.

Silver
06-11-2009, 08:53 PM

Yep...Letterman is a typical liberal Democrat supporter.....sadly, hes hardly unique.........a dirtbag

Psychoblues
06-11-2009, 09:04 PM
Pitiful

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

glockmail
06-12-2009, 07:55 AM
Apparently it's now acceptable to sexually denigrate women and discuss raping teenage girls.

chesswarsnow
06-12-2009, 08:16 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Gov Palin bites back!http://watching-tv.ew.com/2009/06/letterman-palin-rape-joke-war.html
2. While Lettermen acts like a duffass.
3. Lying that Palin offered to take him humting.
4. Maybe Palin will accidentally shoot him in the face with a shot gun?
5. More attacks from Lettermen, this is getting interesting.
6. I wonder who will fall first?
7. Will Lettermen end up the loser, or will the media show its bias and back him up?
8. Expect a media blitz folks.
9. Its now okay to use sexual laced jokes about under age girls.
10. Watch the media support good ol boy DAVE.

11. What was said today on news show:

"Meawhile, last night on the Late Show, Letterman made one joke in his opening monologue about the ongoing controversy, saying, "I think everything's fine now: She called and offered to take me hunting."

Palin's remark to The Today Show suggests she still doesn't get the idea that Letterman's self-admittedly "cheap" joke -- that during a Yankees game, "her daughter was knocked up by Alex Rodriguez" -- had nothing to do with rape, nor was she buying Letterman's premise that he wasn't referring to 14 year-old Willow but to 18 year-old Bristol.

Lauer cited a remark from Palin's spokesperson: "It would be wise to keep Willow away from David Letterman." "Are you suggesting David Letterman can't be trusted around a 14 year-old?" Lauer asked.

"Take it the way you want to take it," said Palin. "It's from the heart." Lauer then asked, "But is that [comment] also not in bad taste?" "No, it's not," said Palin.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

-Cp
06-12-2009, 12:58 PM
<div><iframe height="339" width="425" src="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22425001/vp/31314741#31314741" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe><p style="font-size:11px; font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: #999; margin-top: 5px; background: transparent; text-align: center; width: 425px;">Visit msnbc.com for <a style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;" href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com">Breaking News</a>, <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032507" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">World News</a>, and <a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032072" style="text-decoration:none !important; border-bottom: 1px dotted #999 !important; font-weight:normal !important; height: 13px; color:#5799DB !important;">News about the Economy</a></p></div>

glockmail
06-12-2009, 01:15 PM
Where's NOW on this?

Kathianne
06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Where's NOW on this?

Here:

http://www.now.org/issues/media/hall-of-shame/

I'm certainly not defending them, there's nothing there about the Playboy post on republican women. There's nothing regarding the hate posts about Michelle Malkin, Ann Coulter, etc. However, they did respond, eventually, to Willow Palin.

red states rule
06-12-2009, 01:21 PM
Pitiful

:beer::cheers2::beer:

Psychoblues

Yes your posts are PB -and even though you keep getting banned for them you keep posting them

red states rule
06-12-2009, 01:23 PM
Where's NOW on this?

It took them awhile, but they finally responded after alot of bad publicity and public pressure

As with most left wing groups, any comments made about conservative women and their families is OK - but do not talk aboout any liberal women unless the comments are glowing tributes

emmett
06-12-2009, 01:25 PM
Who's David Letterman?

Abbey Marie
06-12-2009, 02:59 PM

I agree, if by this you mean he has been a dirtbag for many years. I have found his attitude kind of nauseating for a long time.

chesswarsnow
06-13-2009, 07:29 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But will this lead to him getting knocked off the air?
2. I think it might.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
06-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. But will this lead to him getting knocked off the air?
2. I think it might.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

I heard that rumbling last night.

glockmail
06-13-2009, 01:02 PM
At CBS? That would be very surprising.

Mr. P
06-13-2009, 03:32 PM
At CBS? That would be very surprising.

It would be but no, I heard it on the radio.

Insein
06-13-2009, 04:16 PM
Nah. IF Imus got to keep his job for making fun of black, female athletes, then Dave will keep his. Plus I don't think people are calling for his job. Palin just wants an apology. A Sincere apology.

Mr. P
06-13-2009, 04:20 PM
Imus at least got suspended for awhile..right?

chesswarsnow
06-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Sorry bout that,

1. Seems Dave Caved.
2. Was getting too much heat.
3. Guess he realized his show was on the line this time.
4. At least hes smart enough to know when to fold up his tent.
5. Heres a link and a free~bee

6. If I get this story out fast enough, and some one doen't just link the site first. Hehehehehe,....... as seems common.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090616/D98RNT800.html

" the daughter wasn't mentioned in the joke, which was part of Letterman's monologue on last Monday's show.

It was "a coarse joke,""a bad joke," Letterman told viewers. "But I never thought it was (about) anybody other than the older daughter, and before the show, I checked to make sure, in fact, that she is of legal age, 18."

"The joke, really, in and of itself, can't be defended," he declared.

Even so, the ongoing outcry, led by Palin and her husband, Todd, has centered on Letterman intending to make a joke about the Palins' 14-year-old daughter having sex with a Yankees baseball player.

Todd Palin issued a statement last week that said "any 'jokes' about raping my 14-year-old are despicable."

And Sarah Palin charged Letterman with "sexually perverted comments made by a 62-year-old male celebrity."

On Monday's show, Letterman said, "I'm wondering, 'Well, what can I do to help people understand that I would never make a joke like this?' I've never made jokes like this, as long as we've been on the air, 30 long years."

If that's the misconception - that the joke was aimed at a 14-year-old - he understands why people are upset, he said. "I would be upset myself." Letterman has said from the beginning that he thought the Palin daughter who attended the Yankee game was Bristol.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Abbey Marie
06-16-2009, 10:59 AM
That was just a save-your-show apology. Slimeball.

glockmail
06-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Nah. IF Imus got to keep his job for making fun of black, female athletes, then Dave will keep his. Plus I don't think people are calling for his job. Palin just wants an apology. A Sincere apology.Didn't Imus have to prostrate himself on the alter of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson, apologize profusely on several talk shows like Oprah, and endure months of embarrassing self loathing? Yet Letterman gets away with this basic non-apology.

Why the double standard?

gabosaurus
06-17-2009, 02:03 PM
As always, people are blowing this thing WAY out of proportion!

1. David Letterman is a comedian
2. Sarah Palin and her family are public figures
3. Comedians often skewer public figures, using satire and risque jokes
4. The more of a publicity whore you are, the more likely you will be a target
5. Sarah Palin is a huge publicity whore
6. Conservative and Republicans don't have any sense of humor

Sincerely,
Queen Gab of California

glockmail
06-17-2009, 06:05 PM
As always, people are blowing this thing WAY out of proportion!

1. David Letterman is a comedian
2. Sarah Palin and her family are public figures
3. Comedians often skewer public figures, using satire and risque jokes
4. The more of a publicity whore you are, the more likely you will be a target
5. Sarah Palin is a huge publicity whore
6. Conservative and Republicans don't have any sense of humor

Sincerely,
Queen Gab of California

So you have no problem if we make the same insults of your daughter here?

chesswarsnow
06-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. But I just noticed a destinctive typing style from the Gabster today.
2. Seems as thou a little of CWN has rubbed off on her.:clap:
3. In away she is correct, on some of major points.
4. But as we all know, the real problem now with old Dave goes thusly.
5. At first he was outspoken on how he was not in the worng on this whole joke about Palins daughter.
6. The problem arises when we get the the crux of the matter, and to, *What did he know, and When did he know it.*
7. Its already blown up to that magnitude.
8. People don't care he made an apology now, they want his show off the air.
9. Not unlike what happened to Imus.
10. Imus took the heat over his comments, Lettermen is no better.
11. He didn't just use some female/black basketball players in his joke, but (all girls, and women in general).
12. As if Alex Rodrigez deserved that kind of crap throw in his face either, as if all Baseball players are out to knock up every young girl that comes to the game.
13. Not to mention those slutty flight attendents. which till now I've never seen one, they always look like real pros.
14. Yeah it would serve him right to be in a plane and the flight start to crash, and then he holler out for help from one.
15. She would have every right to say, "Go and _ _ _ _ yourself"
16. Ofcourse all the females and wise men, would holler with glee and applause, the plane wouldn't crash and the Flight Attendent, would be elected first female President of America.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

gabosaurus
06-18-2009, 10:23 AM
As always, Glock misses the point. My family are not public figures. The Palins are.

I am not surprised that Sarah Palin is making such a big deal out of this. Her thirst for publicity ranks right up there with Madonna and Britney Spears.
Truth is, the joke has warrant. Alex Rodriguez is a well known scumbag known for skipping around. Bristol Palin was stupid enough to get knocked up by a redneck hick hockey player.

Perhaps Sarah Palin should take some parenting lessons from Dubya and Laura Bush.
The Bush daughters took a lot of skewering from all sorts of comedic types and never drew that kind of rebuke. And I am sure that the Bush twins enjoyed a lot more frolic.
The difference is that the Bushes taught their daughters about birth control and how to control their excesses. Laura publicly admitted that they did.

So perhaps Letterman and his ilk are not entirely to blame. Letterman's jabs could have been far worse.

MtnBiker
06-18-2009, 11:00 AM
you are a public figure on this site

Insein
06-18-2009, 11:37 AM
As always, Glock misses the point. My family are not public figures. The Palins are.

I am not surprised that Sarah Palin is making such a big deal out of this. Her thirst for publicity ranks right up there with Madonna and Britney Spears.
Truth is, the joke has warrant. Alex Rodriguez is a well known scumbag known for skipping around. Bristol Palin was stupid enough to get knocked up by a redneck hick hockey player.

Perhaps Sarah Palin should take some parenting lessons from Dubya and Laura Bush.
The Bush daughters took a lot of skewering from all sorts of comedic types and never drew that kind of rebuke. And I am sure that the Bush twins enjoyed a lot more frolic.
The difference is that the Bushes taught their daughters about birth control and how to control their excesses. Laura publicly admitted that they did.

So perhaps Letterman and his ilk are not entirely to blame. Letterman's jabs could have been far worse.

I have to disagree. Sarah Palin is a public figure but like any public figure there is a line between politics and personal. Making jokes about Palin buying makeup and making fun of Palin on the whole is what comedians do. She's the public figure and she is open game. Going after the family is sometimes ok if its within the reason.

The joke that Letterman did was in poor taste even if it was semi relevant. Bristol Palin did get pregnant but by a boy her age. Even if it got blown out of proportion because of the younger daughter being at the game, to insinuate that someone's 18 year old daughter was knocked up by a 33 year old man is not a good joke. Any parent would take offense to that.

To say that Sarah Palin is a media whore because she demands that Letterman apologize is ridiculous. She is a public figure and therefore her response will be public. I think its inaccurate to say that someone like Palin is a media whore where someone like Hillary or Pelosi or any other female politician is different.

chesswarsnow
06-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I don't think she deserves to called a *Media Whore*, thats some what over stated.
2. She is a tried and tested leader.
3. She deserves a certain level of respect.
4. I wouldn't ever call some one in the Democrtic Party a *Media Whore*.
5. The *Medias a Whore*, that I would say is true.
6. They truely have no loyality to a Party, when its feeding frenzy time.
7. If Obama gets caught screwing up, the *Media Whore* will throw him under the bus, very fast.
8. Why else does he use the telepromter so religiously?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Mr. P
06-18-2009, 09:21 PM
Sorry bout that,

1. I don't think she deserves to called a *Media Whore*, thats some what over stated.
2. She is a tried and tested leader.
3. She deserves a certain level of respect.
4. I wouldn't ever call some one in the Democrtic Party a *Media Whore*.
5. The *Medias a Whore*, that I would say is true.
6. They truely have no loyality to a Party, when its feeding frenzy time.
7. If Obama gets caught screwing up, the *Media Whore* will throw him under the bus, very fast.
8. Why else does he use the telepromter so religiously?

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

7. I think they're watching for that opportunity now.
I may be wrong..

glockmail
06-22-2009, 06:04 PM

So perhaps Letterman and his ilk are not entirely to blame. Letterman's jabs could have been far worse. Biker made my response for me. Again, is it OK with you if I insult your daughter here.

gabosaurus
06-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Go ahead glock. I don't care and I am sure my daughter would find it to be funny.
I hope you do not have children. That would be a worse joke than anything Letterman could come up with. :p

glockmail
06-23-2009, 07:02 PM
Go ahead glock. I don't care and I am sure my daughter would find it to be funny.
I hope you do not have children. That would be a worse joke than anything Letterman could come up with. :p
Sorry to disappoint, but the Glockster has too much class to stoop to your level.

And yes I have two wonderful children, 14 and 17. My son has a 4.9 QPA, is a 4 season athlete and working on his Eagle. He's planning on being a nuclear engineer. My daughter does well in school as a freshman, is ranked 6th in the State in her favorite sport and the best overall sprinter on the high school track team, according to her coach. She's also drop dead naturally gorgeous and wears no make-up or jewelry; doesn't even have pierced ears. :coffee: