PDA

View Full Version : Obama ousts AmeriCorps' IG who investigated friend

red states rule
06-12-2009, 12:28 PM
Another examples of "don't cross the boss"

Seems Obama is all for investagating Bush and Cheney and how they mistreated terrorists - but don't you dare check out his buddies even if they really did break the law

Obama ousts AmeriCorps' IG who investigated friend

WASHINGTON – President Barack Obama says he has lost confidence in the inspector general who investigates AmeriCorps and other national service programs and has told Congress he is removing him from the position.

Obama's move follows an investigation by IG Gerald Walpin finding misuse of federal grants by a nonprofit education group led by Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson, who is an Obama supporter and former NBA basketball star.

Walpin was criticized by the acting U.S. attorney in Sacramento for the way he handled an investigation of Johnson and St. HOPE Academy, a nonprofit group that received hundreds of thousands of dollars in federal grants from the Corporation for National and Community Service. The corporation runs the AmeriCorps program.

"It is vital that I have the fullest confidence in the appointees serving as inspectors general," Obama said in a letter Thursday to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Vice President Joe Biden, who also serves as president of the Senate. "That is no longer the case with regard to this inspector general."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090612/ap_on_go_pr_wh/us_national_service_inspector_general

Gaffer
06-12-2009, 01:24 PM
It's vital that the dark lord be able to squelch any investigations into his and his minions doings. Therefore the IG has to go. Get someone in that that will cover up the wrong doings.

emmett
06-12-2009, 01:28 PM
I volunteer!

Gaffer
06-12-2009, 01:40 PM
I volunteer!

Somehow I don't think your what the dark lord is looking for. He wants liars, cheats and true minion loyalty. But hey, if you get close enough to get a shot...

Gaffer
06-12-2009, 03:30 PM
...a shot at exposing the dark lord for what he is.

crin63
06-12-2009, 03:32 PM
I volunteer!

You'll have to learn how to bow properly first.